Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Nov 26, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #3,316 of 12,335
  Thanks for the kind words guys. We do continually run behind on delivery. It makes some folks a little perturbed in the era of Amazon free two day shipping (for only $70 a year) and Netflix streaming HD movies (with no surround sound). But this isn't a mass market product we are offering. We carefully prep and pack everything in house, I even brush all the chassis panels myself. This year we hired more staff to concentrate on order fulfillment (Josh) and one of the benefits has been about a 27% increase in business. So we kinda ended up at status quo on delivery time even with the extra help. That said, we are as caught up right now as we have been in a few months. Some of you might not know we have a delivery status web page linked to our shopping cart's main page, that gets updates whenever we complete a packing and shipping run. You can look at where we are at on orders and get some feel for how long the wait might be for your kit.

? Doc, Netflix has been streaming 5.1 surround sound for many years now.... LINK

Nov 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #3,317 of 12,335
My understanding is that while the capability is there they stream a lot of 5.1 capable movies in stereo only. 

Nov 26, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #3,318 of 12,335
  Thanks for the kind words guys. We do continually run behind on delivery. It makes some folks a little perturbed in the era of Amazon free two day shipping (for only $70 a year) and Netflix streaming HD movies (with no surround sound). But this isn't a mass market product we are offering. We carefully prep and pack everything in house, I even brush all the chassis panels myself. This year we hired more staff to concentrate on order fulfillment (Josh) and one of the benefits has been about a 27% increase in business. So we kinda ended up at status quo on delivery time even with the extra help. That said, we are as caught up right now as we have been in a few months. Some of you might not know we have a delivery status web page linked to our shopping cart's main page, that gets updates whenever we complete a packing and shipping run. You can look at where we are at on orders and get some feel for how long the wait might be for your kit.

May I know estimated shipping date for crack that paid 11/20/2013? Hopefully able to get this item before Christmas.

Nov 26, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #3,319 of 12,335
Unfortunately it is 9 p.m. here and thus I am at home so I have no way of gathering that information. If you would like, contact us tomorrow during business hours and we can give you our best estimate. You can email Eileen at queen at bottlehead dot com or call us at 206-451-4275 from 10-6.

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #3,321 of 12,335
^ Your guess is correct, for me at least.

Nov 27, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #3,323 of 12,335
Unfortunately it is 9 p.m. here and thus I am at home so I have no way of gathering that information. If you would like, contact us tomorrow during business hours and we can give you our best estimate. You can email Eileen at queen at bottlehead dot com or call us at 206-451-4275 from 10-6.

I email her but unfortunately she didn't reply me like the first time I contact her. It's been few days already. She started stop reply my email since I ask too much question regarding shipping etc. Maybe I annoyed her so much. Or else, she's too busy. BTW, thanks. I will email her again.

Nov 27, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #3,325 of 12,335
  I email her but unfortunately she didn't reply me like the first time I contact her. It's been few days already. She started stop reply my email since I ask too much question regarding shipping etc. Maybe I annoyed her so much. Or else, she's too busy. BTW, thanks. I will email her again.

Please be patient. Emailing them every day isn't going to make your package arrive any faster.

Nov 27, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #3,326 of 12,335
Isn't it thanksgiving or some other public holiday at the moment?

Nov 27, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #3,327 of 12,335
I talked to Josh, who is in charge of packing. He says a kit ordered last Wednesday will be shipping early to middle of next week. And yes it's Thanksgiving weekend starting tomorrow, when all patriotic Americans worship Turkeys by killing them and eating them and then spend the next three days recovering from it. No, I have no idea why this has not caught on in other countries. But we will not be in the office from Thursday through Sunday.

When I mentioned this to Eileen she said that yes, she had answered your questions and concerns about shipping to Malaysia. She did not however receive your most recent email regarding an inquiry about an estimated ship date. You will receive a tracking number when the kit ships.

Nov 27, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #3,328 of 12,335

Please be patient. Emailing them every day isn't going to make your package arrive any faster.

My email to her:
 Hi E.

Yes, it's Malaysian phone number. BTW, the complete format is +6016xxxxxxx. I wonder if I can include the bottlehead logo along with the Crack? I forget to include in the shopping cart last time. Any estimated date for shipping?

I sent the email on 22nd Nov, Doc replied me at 28th Nov. It's definitely not everyday for me. And, I just want the date estimation, not to send the package ASAP.

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #3,329 of 12,335
  I talked to Josh, who is in charge of packing. He says a kit ordered last Wednesday will be shipping early to middle of next week. And yes it's Thanksgiving weekend starting tomorrow, when all patriotic Americans worship Turkeys by killing them and eating them and then spend the next three days recovering from it. No, I have no idea why this has not caught on in other countries. But we will not be in the office from Thursday through Sunday.

When I mentioned this to Eileen she said that yes, she had answered your questions and concerns about shipping to Malaysia. She did not however receive your most recent email regarding an inquiry about an estimated ship date. You will receive a tracking number when the kit ships.

Hi Doc, thanks for the answer... I need the estimation date to inform the address owner since he might be away for Christmas, at least he can ask someone else to get the package from the post office.

I guess my email goes to spam box because it's in my sent item. What important the most is now I already know the date, and hopefully built within this year. Malaysian custom and excise can be PITA keeping international parcel for weeks.

Thanks Doc.

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #3,330 of 12,335
  And yes it's Thanksgiving weekend starting tomorrow, when all patriotic Americans worship Turkeys by killing them and eating them and then spend the next three days recovering from it. No, I have no idea why this has not caught on in other countries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back