Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Feb 12, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #1,051 of 12,347

"Page not found" error.
Quote:
Little quiet at this Crack house.  Figured out how to post photos from iPad.  Here are some showing the right angle connections.
126ef3cb.jpg

58730821.jpg

Feb 12, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #1,052 of 12,347

Quote:
Little quiet at this Crack house.  Figured out how to post photos from iPad.  Here are some showing the right angle connections.
126ef3cb.jpg

58730821.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/lextek/2012/126ef3cb.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/lextek/2012/58730821.jpg

:wink:

Feb 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #1,055 of 12,347
So we placed our order for 4 or 5 amps the week before the price increase and transfered the money. Since then, no single word from Bottlehead. I'm sure they're very busy but we don't even have any clue about our order (2 other emails since then have been left unanswered too). Is it ok (special requests)? When will it be transfered? I'm really having bad luck communicating with them, Doc B was very nice before by PM, guess I'll contact him again on here.

Anyone else order weeks ago and hasn't heard anything?

Feb 28, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #1,056 of 12,347
From what I can tell, they got a huge influx of orders (including my order too) and are backed up. As I understand it, they only just got the Christmastime orders fulfilled... so I expect a they will be sending out soon. 

Delivery status page:
"Most recent update to this list - 2/27/12 - we have just returned from a week away. We will be working through the weekend to catch up on orders. "
http://www.bottlehead.com/et/deliverystatus.htm

Feb 28, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #1,057 of 12,347

Quote:
From what I can tell, they got a huge influx of orders (including my order too) and are backed up. As I understand it, they only just got the Christmastime orders fulfilled... so I expect a they will be sending out soon. 

Delivery status page:
"Most recent update to this list - 2/27/12 - we have just returned from a week away. We will be working through the weekend to catch up on orders. "
http://www.bottlehead.com/et/deliverystatus.htm

I just saw. thanks for the link. It also says:

[size=x-small]Crack OTL Headphone amp [/size] [size=x-small]orders thru 1/9 shipped - more shipping this week[/size]

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #1,058 of 12,347
Yes, we were buried by another Xmas sized rush right before the price increase. Actually that was a typo on the status page about our return, we have been back for two weeks and working 7 days a week to catch up. Crikey, even I have been kitting parts! 
eek.gif
 As of today we have the backlog down to around 75 kits. Another shipment of tubes should be coming in this week and we should be getting another large group of Crack kits out in the next week or so. Thanks to everyone for the enthusiastic support and your patience while we work to get everyone's kit to them.

Mar 1, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #1,060 of 12,347
Thanks for the update, Doc! The bittersweet problems of success :)

Can't wait to get crackin', as it were. 

Mar 1, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #1,061 of 12,347
Lucky the one that got in before the price increase. It's now $279 + $125 = $404 before finishing products. Now the WOO 3 doesn't seem that expensive. Anyone tried both with 600 ohm Beyer? Comments would be appreciate.

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #1,062 of 12,347
I'm finally getting around to finishing the speedball. I picked up a tiny clamp from Fry's for $5 to hold the boards while I work on them.

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #1,063 of 12,347
Just a quick update to note that we got a good number of kits out in the past two days and I have updated the delivery status to reflect this. We have moved from where we were on Monday - the second week of January's orders - to currently packing the very end of January's orders. Waiting for a few more bits to arrive and we should be able to do another good sized packing session that moves us into shipping February orders next week.

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #1,064 of 12,347
The Woo Audio products are very nice and I enjoyed meeting Jack at RMAF. Do bear in mind when comparing that the Woo 3 circuit is much closer to the stock $279 Crack kit circuit, not the upgraded circuit that includes the cascode constant current sources.

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #1,065 of 12,347

Thank you for the reply back Doc.  I know you make good product. It's my fault that I miss the sale before the increase. I'll wait a bit longer. I currently have a pretty decent tube amp made in Canada (My country 
biggrin.gif
) by Mappletree Audio Desing. It's very good with Grado headphones and fair very well with my 600 ohm T1 but I would not know until I try the Crack how much better an OTL is with the T1.

Quote:
The Woo Audio products are very nice and I enjoyed meeting Jack at RMAF. Do bear in mind when comparing that the Woo 3 circuit is much closer to the stock $279 Crack kit circuit, not the upgraded circuit that includes the cascode constant current sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back