Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Dec 2, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #931 of 12,346

Quote:
.....did u broke any parts in the amp when u are making it? do they have spare-parts just in case?

No breakage here either, and the stock kit was my first diy project as well.  Most of the components in the crack kit are pretty robust.  If you are really worried about breakage, try watching a couple of youtube videos on basic soldering before you get going on it.  

Understanding how heat transfers, and how you can form a "solder bridge" and then apply most of your solder from the back side of the joint, makes it a lot easier.  (Basically, if you hold the solder against the joint and touch it with the iron, then you can keep your iron in place, pull the solder away, and then "flow" the solder on by pressing it against the lead on the opposite side from where your iron is touching.  In essence, the heat transfers from the iron, through the "solder bridge" to the lead, which then melts the solder directly against itself.)

I did damage an LED in the process of installing the standoffs for the speedball upgrade.  Be careful if/when you put in the upgrade kit, but BH was really great about sending me a couple of replacement LED's asap upon request.  

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #934 of 12,346
Does anyone know what the current delivery time is? I emailed them a little while ago, but no reply yet.

I would have to get it within 3 weeks, but I doubt that's possible..
frown.gif

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #935 of 12,346

Quote:
Does anyone know what the current delivery time is? I emailed them a little while ago, but no reply yet.

I would have to get it within 3 weeks, but I doubt that's possible..
frown.gif

[size=11.0pt]I'd give them a quick call @ (206) 451- 4275.  I'm sure they could tell you whether it's possible or not.[/size]

Dec 6, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #936 of 12,346
We have been really slammed with orders this season and we are cranking at full speed to keep up. We have already sold out the production run of chassis panels that are on their way to us and Eileen will be ordering another run today. It typically takes two weeks to get them. So I can confidently say "maybe" about getting a new Crack kit order out in three weeks. 

Dec 6, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #937 of 12,346
Oops didn't see the above post.  I called and ordered one today.  They said they were waiting for the top plates.  Hoping they would have them by the end of the week.  Don't know if that helps.  

Dec 6, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #938 of 12,346

Quote:
We have been really slammed with orders this season and we are cranking at full speed to keep up. We have already sold out the production run of chassis panels that are on their way to us and Eileen will be ordering another run today. It typically takes two weeks to get them. So I can confidently say "maybe" about getting a new Crack kit order out in three weeks. 

so if i ordered it two weeks ago, when should i expect it to dispatch?

Dec 6, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #939 of 12,346
Ah, ok. Thanks for the reply.
I'll think about putting in an order, and just suck it up I have to cancel it..

Quote:

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #940 of 12,346

Quote:
so if i ordered it two weeks ago, when should i expect it to dispatch?

This kind of stuff is answered most accurately by giving Eileen a call or an email, as she has exact counts on inventory. What I know is that the chassis panel order that we have coming in this week is about three (it's been a couple of hours since I checked and orders are really rolling in these days, so it's probably now more like five) short of the current orders. I would imagine that an order from two weeks ago will be covered by the incoming shipment. And all of the orders from today will be covered by the shipment of panels we hope to see in a couple of weeks.

Funny thing is we were pretty well caught up just a few weeks ago. It is really tough to predict when there will be a spike on a certain kit's orders. We sold so many Cracks in October that I kind of figured things would taper off a bit, but instead the orders keep pouring in. Not that I'm complaining! 

Dec 6, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #941 of 12,346
It is worth the wait.  You won't be disappointed.

Dec 7, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #942 of 12,346

Quote:
This kind of stuff is answered most accurately by giving Eileen a call or an email, as she has exact counts on inventory. What I know is that the chassis panel order that we have coming in this week is about three (it's been a couple of hours since I checked and orders are really rolling in these days, so it's probably now more like five) short of the current orders. I would imagine that an order from two weeks ago will be covered by the incoming shipment. And all of the orders from today will be covered by the shipment of panels we hope to see in a couple of weeks.

Funny thing is we were pretty well caught up just a few weeks ago. It is really tough to predict when there will be a spike on a certain kit's orders. We sold so many Cracks in October that I kind of figured things would taper off a bit, but instead the orders keep pouring in. Not that I'm complaining! 

I ordered one last night only to read this today lol.

This is going to be a looooong few weeks for me. :p

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #943 of 12,346
i want to ask if shipping need to be paid separately afterwards?

since i am shipping these to asia, and when i checked out, they didn't charge me shipping?

am i lucky or do i need to pay afterwards?

Dec 8, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #944 of 12,346
Yes Eileen will contact you with the shipping amount. There is a glitch in our shopping cart that won't calculate shipping outside the U.S., that is waiting for us to migrate to a new web host before we can fix it.

Dec 10, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #945 of 12,346
Hey Guys,

I'm surprised by this, but the hum of the Crack with Beyerdynamic's new 250 ohm T70 is noticeable to me.  It is not obtrusive, but I can still hear it while the music is playing.  Have never noticed any hum with the Crack when using my 600 ohm DT770s.  I had to roll in a another tube amp that uses output transformers for listening to the T70s.

Scott

EDIT - the noise I'm hearing is probably not hum, but just a high noise floor due to the sensitivity of the T70s.  The noise does not get louder as the volume is increased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back