Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Oct 25, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #6,127 of 12,335
The ?gold? top plate and transformer bell look really good. Care to post some more pics?

her are some more pics.

Congrats I like the gold as well its more subtle than bling. What cans are you using and how are you finding it?

As for cans i'm still waiting for my HD800. Had a go at it once and fell in love from the moment I had it on.

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #6,129 of 12,335
  I love how hand finished the top plate and bell looks - like it's been hand forged with a mold or something

Thanks a lot :) Wanted to bring out the essence of a DIY look so I decided to use the hammered gold metal paint.

Seen many threads of ppl showing off their cap upgrades. Was wondering where can I find guides teaching me to make these upgrades.  Been searching high and low for them but no where to be found. :frowning2: 

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #6,130 of 12,335
Wallet Killer ALERT...........
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #6,131 of 12,335

Thanks a lot :) Wanted to bring out the essence of a DIY look so I decided to use the hammered gold metal paint.

Seen many threads of ppl showing off their cap upgrades. Was wondering where can I find guides teaching me to make these upgrades.  Been searching high and low for them but no where to be found. :frowning2: 

There are some good cap discussion threads over on the Bottlehead Forum under the Crack kit and S.E.X. kit sections.

Otherwise, ask here and the community will no doubt help you learn - that's how I've learned so far

Oct 25, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #6,132 of 12,335

Try googling "bottlehead crack upgrade path" there was a long thread with loads of info in it alternatively a google image search of "bottlehead crack" will bring up loads of cracks with mods may be some info on the associated pages. We can also help but suspect posting on the bhf is a good place if you get stuck most of us here check in there preety regularly. Once you have firmed up some ideas basically most of the mods are just substituting one part for another so you are just a disconnecting a capacitor and replacing it with another connecting to the same terminals but using short fly leads to connect the capacitor instead of connecting directly to the terminals as the electrolytic ones are.
  Wallet Killer ALERT...........
biggrin.gif

Please tell more?

Oct 25, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #6,133 of 12,335

Try googling "bottlehead crack upgrade path" there was a long thread with loads of info in it alternatively a google image search of "bottlehead crack" will bring up loads of cracks with mods may be some info on the associated pages. We can also help but suspect posting on the bhf is a good place if you get stuck most of us here check in there preety regularly. Once you have firmed up some ideas basically most of the mods are just substituting one part for another so you are just a disconnecting a capacitor and replacing it with another connecting to the same terminals but using short fly leads to connect the capacitor instead of connecting directly to the terminals as the electrolytic ones are.

Please tell more?

I did exactly just that. Most that actually came up from the search were more of description on the upgrades that were made. Being someone who knows nuts about electric component I don't really know how to perform these upgrades on my own. Yes I can tell what the different components are and how they function and what they can be use for. However having to understanding how to connect them is beyond my level. 

Oct 25, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #6,135 of 12,335
  Hi all, not read all posts here but I've just purchased this bad boy (awaiting arrival) to drive my HD600s and I was wondering if this would be a good upgrade from my Objective 2 Amp??

Thanks all :)

Although it talks about the HD-650, this review should help you: http://diy.koenigs.dk/2014/03/02/bottlehead-crack-and-speedball-review/

Decent against the O2 (a bit less details, but more musical), great with the Speedball on top of it. The same should more of less applies with the HD-600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back