Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Apr 21, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #4,711 of 12,347
How do you like the concero with the T1?

The Concero HD has a very low THD+noise floor, very low jitter and gives a great presentation of sound stage, depth, transient response, etc. I have a preference for OTL amps driving high impedance headphones. Those three listed are my pick, each offering something different enough from the others to keep them all. The ConceroHD -> Crack -> T1 is a very addictive recreational listening system.

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #4,712 of 12,347
two little mods before it's all "finished"..(special thanks to kscwuzhere @ BH for the voltage mod )
http://bottlehead.com/smf/index.php/topic,5989.30.html
,24 stepper is tiny bit on the dark side (was expecting this ) and since it improved the noise and sound quality (around 7% sound )it's a keeper

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #4,714 of 12,347
  Need your help, after trying to contact BottleHead with no success I hope you guys can give me an answer.
1) When they send the package of the DIY kit how is the package content described ( what is written on the box)  an Amplifier or Electronical Parts of some sort? ( asking because there is a 32% tax in my country on amps compared to 18 on just electronic...big different in price)
2) What is the size weight of the package?
3) is it possible to bring something like that on a plane with me? or is that to risky, they may  think I am carrying a bomb or something, don't want that hassle.
4) How is the BottleHead support? I already have a lot of concerns about DIY as it is and they don't seem too keen to help me with my questions, its been quite a while since i tried contacting them but got no answer.

Thanks.

Ok  where to start

1 I am pretty sure mine shipped with the description listed as Electronic parts or words to that effect on the customs form also the value was given with what I am guessing was the component value and not the kit value which really helps with duty fees.

2 Its roughly 10x12x6 without measuring weight not sure but I hope someone else will chip in with the correct figures

3 Not sure

4 Superb probably the best do not be concerned here. 

Register on the Bottlehead Forum and post your questions there in the Crack section or when registered you can also send Doc a private message and I am positive they will be quickly answered by Bottlehead.

A little while back they changed their website host and updated their website it wasn't a smooth transition so maybe your email was lost or overlooked it was pretty chaotic for about a week or so.

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #4,715 of 12,347
  two little mods before it's all "finished"..(special thanks to kscwuzhere @ BH for the voltage mod )
http://bottlehead.com/smf/index.php/topic,5989.30.html
,24 stepper is tiny bit on the dark side (was expecting this ) and since it improved the noise and sound quality (around 7% sound )it's a keeper

Awesome looking mods spacequeen7!

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #4,716 of 12,347
  Oh that is really cool to see, more of those pics please
bigsmile_face.gif

Happy to oblige. Here are a few more:

Apr 22, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #4,717 of 12,347
That's my old Crack!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Strangely, I have a friend who loves the low impedance TH-900s with the Crack.

I disagree with that one. The Crack sounds ok with the TH-900 at low-medium volumes, but when you start to turn it up, SQ gets distorted, pretty bad. The TH-900 sounds tons better with my Essence One amp/dac. Now the Crack with the HD800!!! Ooohhhhh yeah!!!! 
k701smile.gif

Apr 22, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #4,719 of 12,347

Ok  where to start

1 I am pretty sure mine shipped with the description listed as Electronic parts or words to that effect on the customs form also the value was given with what I am guessing was the component value and not the kit value which really helps with duty fees.

2 Its roughly 10x12x6 without measuring weight not sure but I hope someone else will chip in with the correct figures

3 Not sure

4 Superb probably the best do not be concerned here. 

Register on the Bottlehead Forum and post your questions there in the Crack section or when registered you can also send Doc a private message and I am positive they will be quickly answered by Bottlehead.

A little while back they changed their website host and updated their website it wasn't a smooth transition so maybe your email was lost or overlooked it was pretty chaotic for about a week or so.

Thanks, you helped me a lot.
about '1' do you remember how much was it in $ ? I mean what is the difference between component value and kit value ?

I will try BottleHead forum for further details.

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #4,720 of 12,347

Just got the Quickie today, Quickie - Crack - HD650, the initial impression is great. The Quickie really makes the bass tighter and cleaner. The mid is more presented and the imaging is improved noticeably.

Thanks Doc B and Bottlehead team for such an amazing product! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back