Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS!
Aug 10, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #31 of 789
So, has anyone out there heard the Aegis yet?

I just received my Aegis today and so far, I must say that it is doing a superb job! Using my most revealing IEM's, it delivers a full and expansive sound with a solid bass foundation and excellent detail in the mids and highs. It has flawlessly played my hi-res files at their native bitrate and sample rate.

In comparison to my Astrapi, it requires less volume from my phone, (probably 40-50% less. It also runs slightly warm which I hadn't noticed with the Astrapi. I can't make any comparisons to battery demands vs the Astrapi, but overall, I think it is a great addition to the product line and one that I anticipate using on a daily basis.

If you are using a smartphone to stream Tidal or other high-quality music to high-quality IEM's, the Aegis is a "must-have"!

Aug 10, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #32 of 789

So, has anyone out there heard the Aegis yet?

I just received my Aegis today and so far, I must say that it is doing a superb job! Using my most revealing IEM's, it delivers a full and expansive sound with a solid bass foundation and excellent detail in the mids and highs. It has flawlessly played my hi-res files at their native bitrate and sample rate.

In comparison to my Astrapi, it requires less volume from my phone, (probably 40-50% less. It also runs slightly warm which I hadn't noticed with the Astrapi. I can't make any comparisons to battery demands vs the Astrapi, but overall, I think it is a great addition to the product line and one that I anticipate using on a daily basis.

If you are using a smartphone to stream Tidal or other high-quality music to high-quality IEM's, the Aegis is a "must-have"!

That is a good news!  A few questions, can you drive your PM-1 with it and can it drive it with authority?  Also, with Astrapi there was a slight delay when you connect it to the phone before the HO is enabled, is it the same with Aegis?

Aug 10, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #36 of 789
subbed

Aug 10, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #42 of 789
  No idea where mine is.  Somewhere between Cozoy and me :p

Same. I'm itching to see this little guy's capabilities, but I'm mainly a PC user, not a guy with a smartphone 
frown.gif
 I'm just begging that it is as good as their Alien, and then I'll be happy.

Edit: AND I'll be using his guy to see if it drives the hungry K7XX, or, more probably, the efficient HE-400S, and hopefully the MH40 too. I could use my W40's... but heck, an amp for an IEM? Wasted opportunity when there's over-ear's lying around, IMO 
biggrin.gif

Aug 10, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #43 of 789
Same. I'm itching to see this little guy's capabilities, but I'm mainly a PC user, not a guy with a smartphone :frowning2:  I'm just begging that it is as good as their Alien, and then I'll be happy.

Edit: AND I'll be using his guy to see if it drives the hungry K7XX, or, more probably, the efficient HE-400S, and hopefully the MH40 too. I could use my W40's... but heck, an amp for an IEM? Wasted opportunity when there's over-ear's lying around, IMO :D

A little birdie told me it should drive regular old HE400 just fine :wink_face:

I'll be testing that out fo sho!!!

Aug 11, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #45 of 789
The HE400S . The S is a new version (which is more efficient), lol.

Oh, I know what you meant, and I meant what I said. I was told my HE400 should be a good pairing with the Aegis.

BTW, you have HE400S? How're you liking them? Any thoughts compared to HE400? Feel free to move it to PM if you'd prefer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back