Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS!
Aug 3, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #16 of 789
this is one tiny DAC! I like the idea of combining a small device that's powered by the smartphone, like the Calyx PaT. I looking forward to read about price and actual field performance. 

PaT should be much more comparable to Astrapi, but Astrapi has the bonus of not needing Apple's Camera Connection Kit (CCK). I haven't heard the Astrapi, but I have heard the PaT and will be releasing a review for it soon. It does make an audible improvement over my iPhone 5s, but it lacks driving power and has a few quirks.

Aegis should have higher-tier sound, increased driving power, and ability to support hi-res files. It's targeting a more sophisticated consumer.

I'm really looking forward to trying out the Aegis and am hoping to find near Shozy Alien level sound quality and the ability to drive most (if not all) of the HP/IEM I'd want to use as part of a portable rig in a tiny package that uses my iPhone as the user interface. If it does a good job meeting those criteria, this is going to be a real winner, IMHO!

For us iPhone users, it's a real bonus that you don't need to purchase the $30 CCK. This saves money and hassle - and makes the mini-stack much more manageable!

Really looking forward to this one :L3000:

Aug 6, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #18 of 789
Ordered one.
Couldn't help myself lol

Nice going mate! If its anything like Astrapi with Etymotic ER4S you'll be impressed.

I seriously believe there's excellent sound to be discovered using smartphones ipods etc with external dac/amps. You have the excellent UI of the smartphone, screen size, just add the small form factor external motor (dac/amp) and you're set. Plug n play. I think Cozoy are already onto this in a good way. 

Aug 6, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #20 of 789
Did someone say "Colour me interested?" Double that...

Aug 6, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #22 of 789

Did someone say "Colour me interested?" Double that...

You know I'll help you get your fix, my friend
wink_face.gif

Nikolaus, are you cooking some blue "stuff"?
biggrin.gif
  I mean, I know you can bake a sick sourdough bread, but I don't know if you can get a strong enough "fix" with that
tongue.gif

Aug 6, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #24 of 789

Nikolaus, are you cooking some blue "stuff"?
biggrin.gif
  I mean, I know you can bake a sick sourdough bread, but I don't know if you can get a strong enough "fix" with that
tongue.gif

Haven't quite gone Breaking Bad on y'all yet, Alex
wink_face.gif

Combine both and you get "Breaking Bread"
biggrin.gif

Aug 8, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #27 of 789
http://penonaudio.com/SHOZY-Lances-DAC-AMP

I know Cozoy = Shozy, but not sure this gold Astrapi reincarnation was necessary :)

Let's wait for Aegis :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back