Cowon Plenue P1
Oct 6, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #2,776 of 2,974
I own both the p1 and D.
Yes, the P1 is a good step up from the D.

Oct 6, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #2,777 of 2,974
Plenue D is nice cause of its size and battery life but the P1 destroys the Plenue D in the over all sound.

Oct 7, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #2,778 of 2,974
Well at RMAF yesterday I stopped by Empire Ears and listened to the Zeus on my P1 for about 30-40min. It was such a joy, I could get lost in it for hours I think. I didn't realize at the time but looking up for example the innerfidelity review today it said they pair particularly well with the P1 so there's that particular synergy. I liked it enough to order some a Zeus R (w/ Adel). I have to wait a month now to get them but I'm excited.

I want to keep the P1 running for a long time to come. I'm afraid to switch to a diff DAC chip like the P2, could alter the synergy... That may be overblown, but just wanted to say the P1 still amazes me and for you all out there you should try it with EE Zeus if the chance arises.

If I had a wish list for Cowon it would be:

- Faster recharge, (and/or longer run time on single charge)
- Faster xfer speed (like usb 3 or usb-c)
- Fix difficulty with long names, like let me drag the screen view around like it's a window into a larger screen, or let me rotate to horizontal and let text reflow to use the wider screen

Oct 8, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #2,780 of 2,974
Well at RMAF yesterday I stopped by Empire Ears and listened to the Zeus on my P1 for about 30-40min. It was such a joy, I could get lost in it for hours I think. I didn't realize at the time but looking up for example the innerfidelity review today it said they pair particularly well with the P1 so there's that particular synergy. I liked it enough to order some a Zeus R (w/ Adel). I have to wait a month now to get them but I'm excited.
I totally agree on the P1 + Zeus synergy. An absolutely fantastic match:thumbsup:
Haven't heard my Zeus XR sounding better out of any other dap so far.

Improved batterylife would be my only wish for this dap.

Oct 8, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #2,781 of 2,974
For last point, have you tried long click on a filename? I have M2 and it shows complete name this way

If I'm looking at track names, tap/clicking plays the track. At the top there is a slow scroll will show the name. If I'm in folder view, tapping opens the folder and at the top is a slow scroll of the name of the folder. It's not efficient if I'm trying to cruise through 128 GB Internal + 256 GB SD Card especially if I have a stack of folders that start off with similar names. It's not the end of the world or a total deal breaker it's just annoying. I notice it mostly at places like canjam where I'm trying to bounce around and find some different tracks and styles to demo stuff. The way I sorted / labeled directories on a computer probably didn't lend itself to browsing on the smaller screen easier but I haven't taken it upon myself to redo all of that.

Oct 8, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #2,782 of 2,974
20171008_202813.jpg If i long press on folder, a pop-up appears with folder name. See attached pic. Don't know if P1 differs from M2

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #2,784 of 2,974
Just tested and the longer press, it does let you see the whole title if it's longer.

My P2 is still being fixed so I have been using my P1. I still love this dap. I just wish it had a balanced output. I am a believer in balanced cables. Never the less it still sounds great. Recommended especially at $400. What a great deal!

Oct 8, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #2,785 of 2,974
If i long press on folder, a pop-up appears with folder name. See attached pic. Don't know if P1 differs from M2

Oh woah you're right! When did that show up? That is awesome! Thanks for pointing that out!

Oct 8, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #2,786 of 2,974
This price drop is very tempting. I am a Cowon fanboy and been rocking the Plenue D for the past year. I listen through my Custom IEMs exclusively. What tempts me with the P1 is JetEffects 7 ( as opposed to 5), but what deters me is the battery life when compared to D. Anyone owning both care to chime in? Is the P1 a lot better sounding than the D?

I have both the D and the P1. The D is what I take when I need quality sound and a long batter life. The P1 is what I grab when I am listening critically.

Oct 9, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #2,787 of 2,974
There are also a couple of features not mentioned in latest manual.pdf, if you click on volume level top right, a fast volume-change screen appears, and in settings -->display-> show song change, screen lightens up when a song changes

Oct 10, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #2,789 of 2,974
How is the LCD Screen of the Cowon Plenue 1?

Is it plastic or glass?

Just contemplating whether to order a screen protector if it is glass made and less chance of scratching the screen if it is always in leather case.

Thanks!

It is not a LCD screen, it is an AMOLED screen (Oled) with carved glass.
800 x 480 resolution.
So is clear with high details, great wide angle and great contrast in a "low" resolution(which is non factor).
better without a screen protector, unless you believe it will fall a lot.

Oct 10, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #2,790 of 2,974
Cool. Guess won't waste money getting screen protector then. Quite a careful user, just worried that if it is plastic screen, it gets scratches easily just by taking in and out from the leather case.

If it is carved glass, then it should be fine to go without a screen protector.

Thanks a lot for your update! Waiting for it to arrive in 2-days time to pair with my JH Lola!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back