Cowon Plenue D
May 3, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #2,476 of 4,949
I use both. Mojo/phone and PD/amp.

Right, so could you give comparisons in terms of sonic performance alone? Also, I believe the Plenue D doesnt have a Line Out, so wouldn't you be double amping by connecting an amp to the DAP?

Anyway, eagerly awaiting your comparisons, thanks in advance!
Cheers

May 3, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #2,477 of 4,949
I recived Dignis Paulo Plenue D cases today from Dignis korea, They are expensive but ace
I got both Red and green but i like the green better, Took some pixs 

The red has not been used yet but it is expanded out on the backside
I compared both green and red, as you can see from photo of top the Red is a bit more wider.
If someone have a red leather case and can compare if this should be like this.
except for this issue the leather case are awesome.

May 3, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #2,478 of 4,949
Right, so could you give comparisons in terms of sonic performance alone? Also, I believe the Plenue D doesnt have a Line Out, so wouldn't you be double amping by connecting an amp to the DAP?

Anyway, eagerly awaiting your comparisons, thanks in advance!
Cheers
PD has no line out. PD has a great over all sound and if you dont like how it sounds then use its great EQ and a s**t load of other options. It has a great battery life and weighs NOTHING. Mojo/phone stack well bettery overall sound, sound stage and ofcourse with the phone I can and do down load various music player apps which has EQ. The Mojo needs its bass EQ ed or it will be great quality bass but very little quantity. ISSUE is eventhough my phone is not used as a phone but only as a host for the mojo, the phone and the Mojo HAS to be charged everyday. Plus its heavy! PD charged about one a week at most.

May 3, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #2,479 of 4,949
  I recived Dignis Paulo Plenue D cases today from Dignis korea, They are expensive but ace

I compared both green and red, as you can see from photo of top the Red is a bit more wider.

I think these leather cases are all made by hand so some little flaw is to be expected.
They look great! Should have got one of these instead.
frown.gif

May 3, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #2,481 of 4,949
  Meh, don't sweat it, A case should protect the DAP not be a fashion accessory. I'm sure once you drop your DAP you'll appreciate the one you have more.

well then whats with the different colours of the case

May 3, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #2,482 of 4,949
  Meh, don't sweat it, A case should protect the DAP not be a fashion accessory. I'm sure once you drop your DAP you'll appreciate the one you have more.

I think the novere case I have looks great as well! It has much thicker leather so the resistance to impacts must be much higher. The thing is it's too thick and tough, reaching the side buttons and edge of screen is not perfectly convenient. And I almost never drop stuff. 
wink_face.gif

But on the bright side since it has a flip I can comfortably stuff it in my bag with other things.
tongue.gif
 (One of the biggest reasons I chose it over the dignis)

May 3, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #2,483 of 4,949
  well then whats with the different colours of the case

I said it shouldn't be, I didn't say it wasn't.

I think the novere case I have looks great as well! It has much thicker leather so the resistance to impacts must be much higher. The thing is it's too thick and tough, reaching the side buttons and edge of screen is not perfectly convenient. And I almost never drop stuff. 
wink_face.gif

But on the bright side since it has a flip I can comfortably stuff it in my bag with other things.
tongue.gif
 (One of the biggest reasons I chose it over the dignis)

Yeah, the official case is awkward with the side buttons too. I haven't dropped it yet and I'm not in a rush to either if I'm honest
tongue_smile.gif
  I got some screen protectors from Ebay as well so it's not going to get damaged too easily, hopefully. Got to protect the Commuters little dream package
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #2,484 of 4,949
  I said it shouldn't be, I didn't say it wasn't.

Yeah, the official case is awkward with the side buttons too. I haven't dropped it yet and I'm not in a rush to either if I'm honest
tongue_smile.gif
  I got some screen protectors from Ebay as well so it's not going to get damaged too easily, hopefully. Got to protect the Commuters little dream package
biggrin.gif

A case should protect the DAP not be a fashion accessory.

hence with the colours, it is a fashion accessory

May 3, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #2,488 of 4,949
  Firmware 1.12 is posted on the Cowon global website now...

http://www.cowonglobal.com/

Nothing really critically important, but thanks for the post.

- Correct the noise caused between songs with specific earphones.

- Support lyrics which has no time information.

- Support Lyrics3/ID3 Tag

- Support OGG file album

- Improve the compatibility for ID3v2 album image

- Change boot up screen

Wish they would make an update with firmware enhanced updates like people are asking for not these little minor updates. 

May 3, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #2,489 of 4,949

Oh, oh, aaah! Now I really want a plenue just because of that case. How much?

May 3, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #2,490 of 4,949
  Nothing really critically important, but thanks for the post.

- Correct the noise caused between songs with specific earphones.
- Support lyrics which has no time information.
- Support Lyrics3/ID3 Tag
- Support OGG file album
- Improve the compatibility for ID3v2 album image
- Change boot up screen
Wish they would make an update with firmware enhanced updates like people are asking for not these little minor updates. 

Critical? Depends on the user doesn't it, I for one see these fixes as being downright major. Do you know how difficult it is to source a DAP of this level of quality that reads and displays ID3tagged lyrics? Let me tell u... it ain't easy.

Anyway, what critical improvements are we talking about? lag free scrolling? 10 eq band? These things will never happen on the PD. The lag would have been fixed day 1 of release if possible and the 10 band eq is reserved for the higher priced plenue offerings such as the P1, M and S.

The fact they have addressed some issues that some users like myself find an important feature request is great news imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back