Cowon Plenue D
Mar 21, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #1,861 of 4,949

Random folders containing whole albums, visible only on sdxc card (invisible thru artist or album directories as previously posted), will not play at all. When attempting to play any song within said folders, the prompt "Invalid File" appears. Additional attempts to play any songs from said folders result in PD green screen or frozen, unresponsive screen, requiring hard reset which fails to remedy folder issues.  Error checked sdxc card using Windows 7 disk properties tool: clean bill of health. Furthermore, music files in said folders play without issue via itunes and quicktime. Majority of ALAC files seem to play without issue. I could delete and recopy said folders to card, and this may solve the problem for these folders, but how many other such folders are lurking there I have no way of knowing without checking each and every folder individually. Even at a modest 30gb this is a massive, onerous task.  I have spent tens of hours copying music folders, wrestling with id tag mysteries, and now troubleshooting weird PD behavior. Unit appears to be, at best, a beta product. I am really disappointed and burned out on this thing. Gonna miss the sound though.

Errors such as these make me double sad that Apple have stopped developing the iPod.

Dide sell your PD and enjoy a simpler dap like an AK.

To be fair, invalid files and other entry-related errors happen just as often on AK devices. 

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #1,862 of 4,949
Errors such as these make me double sad that Apple have stopped developing the iPod.

To be fair, invalid files and other entry-related errors happen just as often on AK devices. 
Trye but then he can go into that threat and complain everyday.

Mar 21, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #1,863 of 4,949
Trye but then he can go into that threat and complain everyday.

Sorry, I didn't get that. 

I'm quite a fan of the Plenue D, but there are a number of pretty serious interface errors that really bugger the experience up.

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #1,864 of 4,949
hello, just received my PD from advancedmp3players! it looks very nice!
I have one question: as a cowon d2 owner, I received a cd with a full version of jet audio, not this time!
do you have some information about this ?
bye!

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #1,865 of 4,949
shigzeo - Sorting numbers as strings rather than their arithmetic value is a major one when creating lists.

Mar 22, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #1,866 of 4,949
I ordered Plenue D and will get it soon.
How do i choose country region on Plenue D when starting it up first time

On this unboxing video it let you choose language only at startup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Z9gTefFvY

I remember on other cowon players it let me choose both country region and language.
I used to pick Usa as region to bypass european volume cap.

If i can only choose english as language will it be american english so no european volume cap.

Mar 22, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #1,867 of 4,949

I remember on other cowon players it let me choose both country region and language.

If i can only choose english as language will it be american english so no european volume cap.

Mine's is set up in English and its output voltage comes in just below a Japanese iPhone 6, so it gets heaps loud.

Mar 22, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #1,868 of 4,949
Thanks, So there is No-region settings then but volume is loud enough?

I read at Cowon that maybe if i remove the system folder and disconect cowon player
when turning on i can choose non-Eu region but not sure if it work for Plenue D

Any idea if volume get louder by setting language to Japanesee or korean?

Mar 22, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #1,869 of 4,949
  Thanks, So there is No-region settings then but volume is loud enough?

I read at Cowon that maybe if i remove the system folder and disconect cowon player
when turning on i can choose non-Eu region but not sure if it work for Plenue D

Any idea if volume get louder by setting language to Japanesee or korean?

you want the max volume louder than it is now? what headphones do you use if you dont mind me asking

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #1,871 of 4,949

There's no volume cap as far as I know. The PD gets really loud! Way more than my ears can take and I like music loud. Cowon have never been like Sony who stick to the EU volume cap religiously. I'm sure in the land of health and safety (U.K) we'd impose volume limiting more than most, and really, there doesn't seem to be any.

Mar 22, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #1,875 of 4,949
  Where can i buy this leather case i dont see it any longer on website of Noreve?

Quote:
  Leather Case for Cowon Plenue D by Noreve

When I click on the Link (http://www.noreve.com/en/plenue-d/3303-cowon-plenue-d-leather-case.html) it is shown. Maybe it is your browser cache?

A really good alternative product would be the Dignis leather cases (http://www.dignis.co.kr/oversea.html). If you order directly from them, the price is lower than through a distributor channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back