Cowon Plenue D
Dec 29, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #376 of 4,949

Finally impressions from someone who updated it! Thanks.

Hmmm, so yeah, that doesn't sound good to me. I don't know if I could use a player that has less options and is more laggy than the J3 (mine is pretty smooth thanks to a custom UI). Not sure I will buy this now. I wish I could give it a try but I highly doubt any store around here (France) will have any.

That's on you.  It's not all that bad as he speaks.  I think it's ok not phone or itouch speed though.  I enjoy mine more and more

Dec 29, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #377 of 4,949
Can't be too much worse than AK Jr laggy $@*)!*$
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #379 of 4,949
That's on you.  It's not all that bad as he speaks.  I think it's ok not phone or itouch speed though.  I enjoy mine more and more

Same here, I really like this thing and I don't really find it that laggy. UI is not great, but not the end of the world either. The ability to play audiobooks would however be more than welcome. With such a huge battery life, it seems a no brainer use-case.

Dec 29, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #380 of 4,949
I had AK120II, AK100II, X5 , DX90, Hifiman 802 and I am more happy with the D then those.

Dec 29, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #381 of 4,949
  Can't be too much worse than AK Jr laggy $@*)!*$
biggrin.gif

Nor my FiiO X5 2nd gen! LOL!
I already got used to it though. But as long as it lets me play everything I have in shuffle mode, it's alright since I basically don't mess with the UI after that.

Glad to see more impressions with positive and negative points. Battery life is the only thing that really draws my attention, but I'm happy right now with the FiiO. (still will keep an eye on these though :p You know... this "hobby"... jeez!)

Dec 29, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #382 of 4,949
Nor my FiiO X5 2nd gen! LOL!
I already got used to it though. But as long as it lets me play everything I have in shuffle mode, it's alright since I basically don't mess with the UI after that.

Glad to see more impressions with positive and negative points. Battery life is the only thing that really draws my attention, but I'm happy right now with the FiiO. (still will keep an eye on these though :p You know... this "hobby"... jeez!)
Battery and Sound.

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #383 of 4,949

I accept that it's not iphone speed, but the issue (in my opinion) is that it's not even J3 speed. A dap by the same company, that came out five years earlier. That makes me scratch my head. I think that's the point I was trying to say. There's been a little regression in speed and options since the J3, over five years. I'm not trying to compare it with a phone.

I use the UI on both side-by-side and there's a difference. I wouldn't have minded the same speed and settings. It wouldn't even have come up as a negative. But there's a regression. Even if slight.

I'll give it a shot, because there is a lot to like. But I really look forward to cowon updating the firmware over the course of the year with speed and settings improvements, just as they have with past players.

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #384 of 4,949
I accept that it's not iphone speed, but the issue (in my opinion) is that it's not even J3 speed. A dap by the same company, that came out five years earlier. That makes me scratch my head. I think that's the point I was trying to say. There's been a little regression in speed and options since the J3, over five years. I'm not trying to compare it with a phone.

I use the UI on both side-by-side and there's a difference. I wouldn't have minded the same speed and settings. It wouldn't even have come up as a negative. But there's a regression.
wait for firmwares it's get better. New product

Dec 30, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #386 of 4,949
The UI is not terrible but is a downgrade from the J3, no argument from me here. However after just a day of experimenting and comparing both, it really is just a matter of deciding whether the drop in UI quality is worth the upgrade in sound quality. For me, the answer was easy.

Dec 30, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #387 of 4,949
No exfat for me for microsdcard is a no go for me...i am used to switch cards between android phones...and sometimes i need the extra file size limitation

Dec 30, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #388 of 4,949
No exfat for me for microsdcard is a no go for me...i am used to switch cards between android phones...and sometimes i need the extra file size limitation
Well lucky for you there are many other daps for you.

Dec 30, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #389 of 4,949
  The UI is not terrible but is a downgrade from the J3, no argument from me here. However after just a day of experimenting and comparing both, it really is just a matter of deciding whether the drop in UI quality is worth the upgrade in sound quality. For me, the answer was easy.

What usually matters to me are SQ and battery life but I don't know if I can deal with a worse UI than the J3, which was improved by the custom UI I'm using (I barely tried the stock one).

I might order the Plenue D from Amazon to give it a try and return it if I don't like it I guess.

Dec 30, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #390 of 4,949

What usually matters to me are SQ and battery life but I don't know if I can deal with a worse UI than the J3, which was improved by the custom UI I'm using (I barely tried the stock one).

I might order the Plenue D from Amazon to give it a try and return it if I don't like it I guess.

This would be best.

I really got dull, when it comes to UIs. I owned a lot of different players in the past 7 years. There were UIs, where it was not understandable, that it could be sold like this. However, compared to those, the Plenue D is ok to me.

Once you have it in your hands, you will immediately know, if you can live with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back