Cowon Plenue D
Dec 1, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #32 of 4,949
No way $250

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #34 of 4,949
No way $250

Why not? Too much? Too little?

The 100hr audio battery life says that it's innards are not in the same league as the 'boutique' DAPs (plenue M and P). The battery life indeed suggests very similar innards to the M2.

Really I think it's still overpriced for what it's doing. It's essentially a M2 with a capacitive screen...
I sincerely doubt ppl when blind tested could tell the difference between the two lol

where will it be available first?  Jet audio?   I need this immediately.  

Really? What's making u so eager? You already have a M2 which ticks most of the boxes... Does the capacitive screen mean that much to you?

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #35 of 4,949
I would be expecting that the battery life means that this device does not have an ridiculous overproportioned amp sections which is fine for use with IEMs and should be suffiicent for 90% of people. Similar to the Sony A17. I believe I might switch as over time I am getting annoyed with the Sony WM-cable which I originally thought will be no big deal. Also in the meantime my A17 has developed some squeaking sound when pressing buttons which somehow annoys me.

But actually I am only finding excuses to buy something new....

But why they don't say in the specs which DAC is used?

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #36 of 4,949
It has 1vrm output, so not powerful. I am happy with 20 hours of battery life, the size has got me interested. I like cowon warm sound, it helps for on the go purposes. 

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #37 of 4,949

Just add this tiny amp and Bingo.

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #44 of 4,949
I have owned many Cowon's and they are not equal. For example, my i9+ and C2 have significant hiss when using my Yamaha EPH-100's or PFE 232's. The hiss is intensified when DSPs are applied. It grows louder the more you increase volume also. However the E3 is completely silent with same IEMs, however the E3 is not as powerful (nor carries the same DSPs).
I would want to hear the M2 and Plenue D side by side, I am genuinely intrigued to see if the D is silent or mimicing the same amount as hiss as the M2. My guess (with the battery life being so similar) that the Plenue D will also hiss. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the guts are the same, to me this is a M2 with a capacitive screen and slightly better UI. I dunno about you but for $260-399USD I would want something that is dead silent, I would be furious if the thing hissed lol.

FWIW I guessed $399 the moment I heard about this on ABI (and said so over there).

Cowon have had enough of my money, I want to see a i9+ with sd card slot or something more reasonably priced before i throw my money at them again. I might grab a cheap or second hand M2 if the price drops due to this, but yeh not $399 lmao...

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #45 of 4,949
  I have owned many Cowon's and they are not equal. For example, my i9+ and C2 have significant hiss when using my Yamaha EPH-100's or PFE 232's. The hiss is intensified when DSPs are applied. It grows louder the more you increase volume also. However the E3 is completely silent with same IEMs, however the E3 is not as powerful (nor carries the same DSPs).
I would want to hear the M2 and Plenue D side by side, I am genuinely intrigued to see if the D is silent or mimicing the same amount as hiss as the M2. My guess (with the battery life being so similar) that the Plenue D will also hiss. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the guts are the same, to me this is a M2 with a capacitive screen and slightly better UI. I dunno about you but for $260-399USD I would want something that is dead silent, I would be furious if the thing hissed lol.

FWIW I guessed $399 the moment I heard about this on ABI (and said so over there).

Cowon have had enough of my money, I want to see a i9+ with sd card slot or something more reasonably priced before i throw my money at them again. I might grab a cheap or second hand M2 if the price drops due to this, but yeh not $399 lmao...

Well, that seller's prices were inflated as to all items.  An m2 is about $150 on amazon but it was about $220 on that seller's page.  If the Plenue D ends up around $400, then is the AK Jr at around $410 a better deal? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back