Cowon Plenue D
Aug 31, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #3,406 of 4,949
  people on windows 7,  i uninstalled media-monkey and then put a flac back on it and it shows, so it must be some codec conflict or something
biggrin.gif

Awesome. Glad you resolved and didn't need to format and or send back the D. Don't do any updates! Use what you have for now and lets things settle.

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #3,407 of 4,949
Hi guys, new here. I just got my Plenue D a few days ago and I'm having issues with double albums purchased from the iTunes. I tried to place the second album into a separate folder which the audio player ignores, and I tried renaming the songs on the second album 201, 202, etc and the player ignores this as well. What can I do?

Sep 1, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #3,408 of 4,949
  Hi guys, new here. I just got my Plenue D a few days ago and I'm having issues with double albums purchased from the iTunes. I tried to place the second album into a separate folder which the audio player ignores, and I tried renaming the songs on the second album 201, 202, etc and the player ignores this as well. What can I do?

Put all the songs in the same folder. You don't need to have them separated really. I tried to do that in the beginning then realized, why bother, it's the same artist, same CD, just CD2, why separate it? I don't have many 2 CD artists, so the extra steps I did solves it and makes it clean and simple.

So I took all the songs that were 1-01, 1-02, 1-03 ~1-11 off CD1 and renamed them 01, 02, 03,~ 11 and CD 2 that were imported as 2-01, 2-02, 2-03, and renamed them to 12, 13, 14, 15.  So all the songs are in one folder and now look like 01, 02, 03, 04 ~ 14, 15, 16, 17 etc. Then I tagged the music with MP3Tag and music from 12 on I labeled as CD 2 and all the songs off the first CD to CD 1. Don't really have to tag them but if you HAVE to know wich are which that is the easiest way.

Cheers. 

Sep 6, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #3,413 of 4,949
Hi everyone, i'm planning to purchase the Plenue D. And thinking of adding an amp (should i want to) is the HO clean enough to be amped?

You don't need an amp but I like to use one for a few reasons:

1. Can quickly turn up the volume
2. Get more bottom end punch and tighter transients (a good amp has better and bigger caps inline)
3. Battery life of the D lasts waaaay longer when doing a line out to external amp, but that is true with all DAPS if you do use external amp. I rather have the battery die that is replaceable in the amp than wear out the battery in the D which is not replaceable.

Cheers.

Sep 7, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #3,419 of 4,949
Hi everyone, i'm planning to purchase the Plenue D. And thinking of adding an amp (should i want to) is the HO clean enough to be amped?

This does not have a dedicated line out and you would only be double amping.

No reason for an amp.  If you have hungry phones, i would suggest another DAP with dedicated line out.

Sep 7, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #3,420 of 4,949
This does not have a dedicated line out and you would only be double amping.

No reason for an amp.  If you have hungry phones, i would suggest another DAP with dedicated line out.

Yes, i'm aware that the D doesn't have a LO. Was asking as the days of the Clip - people will always (well, most likely) double amp with it becaue the HO was clean enough. Same theory might apply here. Yeah, i'm looking at the D as a 2nd dap to play around with, maybe connect an amp in the future, source in home system - cheap setup :) (things like that)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back