Cowon Plenue D
May 16, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #2,702 of 4,949
Hey guys, Ryuzoh from MST is looking at my Plenue D. He may or may not be able to modify it. He is currently modifying my AK100 mkii and has balance modified my Mojo (about which I wrote this article). He says that if successful, I will get the Plenue D back in early June. I'll keep you up to date. I'd be most happy if his mods were able to better sustain loaded stereo signals. I don't know the price yet. I paid quite a bit for the Mojo-Kai mod, which has three or four tiers of modification. 

If you have any questions please ask. If you have insults, go ahead and hurl them my way.

May 16, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #2,703 of 4,949
Hey guys, Ryuzoh from MST is looking at my Plenue D. He may or may not be able to modify it. He is currently modifying my AK100 mkii and has balance modified my Mojo (about which I wrote this article). He says that if successful, I will get the Plenue D back in early June. I'll keep you up to date. I'd be most happy if his mods were able to better sustain loaded stereo signals. I don't know the price yet. I paid quite a bit for the Mojo-Kai mod, which has three or four tiers of modification. 

If you have any questions please ask. If you have insults, go ahead and hurl them my way.
Im interested in improving this tiny gem of a dap.

May 16, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #2,704 of 4,949
May 16, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #2,706 of 4,949
Nope.

The companies on this site are delusional.. 
The touchscreen was maybe expensive when it first came out in mid 2000's.

The marketing scheme of companies on this site makes you guys think you guys should pay that much money for a device which has apparently worse touchscreen, wifi, cpu, battery life than that of a $50 prepaid phone.

So, what I'm saying is all these price tags are questionable. As you can see, you can get a touchscreen, wi-fi, snapdragon CPU, full resolution, Android 5 OS device for only $59 now. They don't ask you for contract either...
It could cost $799 if it came out in mid 2000's but not anymore...

Whatever man... even If I say this thousand times, you will spend ten thousand dollars on a DAP without touchscreen or CPU. 

Good luck, I'll log off.

Here's a suggestion.. Jet Audio has their app available on Apple, so you can use their app which include a lot of the same basic Fx as the Cowon players but you get the fluidity of the Apple iOS, so for those of us who already have old iPhones laying around, just get an external DAC of your choice and be done.. Lol..

May 16, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #2,707 of 4,949
Here's a suggestion.. Jet Audio has their app available on Apple, so you can use their app which include a lot of the same basic Fx as the Cowon players but you get the fluidity of the Apple iOS, so for those of us who already have old iPhones laying around, just get an external DAC of your choice and be done.. Lol..

I rather not have an antenna, Wifi receiving/broadcasting device to be on the same device as a DAP. Purity is the key to audio and for the OCD people a peace of mind "to think" they are really hearing the best at all times. If people don't care about audio get a $50.00 phone and connect it however you want. Most purists won't want that, I sure do not.

My phone does everything I can imagine already, I don't like these two devices mixed together. For on the go who cares sure it's nice, but when I want to be serious a DAP without all that is idea. Some things just don't go together. Show me ONE professional audio recording studio device or DAP or mixing board or recording device that has a Wifi or email capability on it. You won't and there is a reason why. 

May 16, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #2,708 of 4,949
  I rather not have an antenna, Wifi receiving/broadcasting device to be on the same device as a DAP. Purity is the key to audio and for the OCD people a peace of mind "to think" they are really hearing the best at all times. If people don't care about audio get a $50.00 phone and connect it however you want. Most purists won't want that, I sure do not.

My phone does everything I can imagine already, I don't like these two devices mixed together. For on the go who cares sure it's nice, but when I want to be serious a DAP without all that is idea. Some things just don't go together. Show me ONE professional audio recording studio device or DAP or mixing board or recording device that has a Wifi or email capability on it. You won't and there is a reason why.

Just my stupid opinion.

May 16, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #2,713 of 4,949
  Ohh too bad, cuz I really really like the design of this DAP, and it fits in my budget. Do you know any dap that supports spotify?

I am not 100% sure, but probably the Echobox Explorer X1.

Or get yourself a (probably used) iPhone solely for that purpose (with the option of adding an external DAC in case you feel like the internal DAC and Amp stages are not "audiophile" enough).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back