Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further.
Mar 1, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #106 of 1,024
  I was not happy with the Ibasso DX100 so I am not going to be purchasing any more of their daps.  Here are some of the issues I faced:  Start up time with even a small number of files (500-1000) took several minutes.  The wifi only worked once and never again. I tired everything and I could never get it to work again.  The EQ was pretty much hopeless to use.  The screen looked like it was something from the 80s.  While the low and mid gain worked fine, the high gain setting on the amp was off balance considerably to one side.  There were not many updates and each update they they did release changed the sound quite a bit.  They dropped support of the unit (still left with many bugs) and did not / or want to fix them.   There were also corrupted files where you would have to reformat the memory card for the unit to start.  It would lock up occasionally and require a hard reboot.  That tread is filled with the same issues I am speaking of if you don't believe me.  I think I paid around $800 for the unit directly from them and they left a very bitter taste in my mouth.  If you or anyone are interested in the DX200, please read the thread of the DX100 so you will know what you are getting into.  This was years ago and perhaps the company is different now, I don't know. 

I know what you are talking about. I do not want to jump into DX200 yet because Chinese manufacturers tends to cut corners. I remember in my first cheap tablet, they used a 3 inch touch sensors on a 10 inch device. The result is touch insensitive, touch interrupts, and lack of fine gestures. You have to do large gestures for it recognize it(swipe a long distance). Some areas would not respond to swipes. You cannot draw a straight line(zip-zap lines and broken lines). Some touch screens react to florescence light results in ghost touches. It was a mess. l threw it away after numerous firmware updates and not able to cure all symptoms.

I have a high hope of Cowon since my P1 works so nice and great. You do not need to think how to use it or operate it. You just play music with it and forget about everything else, so enjoyable.

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #108 of 1,024
Mar 3, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #111 of 1,024
Any idea of what the two knobs do?  I assume one is for volume but the other.... ?????
Turbo Bass Knob. It will shatter glass.

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #118 of 1,024
What a beauty! My P1 when compared with modern TOTL DAP is kind of lagging behind. I hope P2's SQ is as beautiful as the look.
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #120 of 1,024
Going against the grain, but I think its butt ugly compared to the P1. I prefer clean lines and those chamfered edges seem straight out of the Astell & Kern playbook.

The old model also managed to hide the usb and micro sd slots behind a panel wheras on this the micro sits on the outside and the usb is next to the two headphone jacks. This panel helped with the clean lines as any comparison will show. I also wonder if gold will be the default colour - on the P1 default was black, with gold and silver limited release colours.

I'll listen and possibly buy, but the design ethos is just meh imo...

Regards,

Giles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back