Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further.
Mar 4, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #121 of 1,024
Going against the grain, but I think its butt ugly compared to the P1. I prefer clean lines and those chamfered edges seem straight out of the Astell & Kern playbook.

The old model also managed to hide the usb and micro sd slots behind a panel wheras on this the micro sits on the outside and the usb is next to the two headphone jacks. This panel helped with the clean lines as any comparison will show. I also wonder if gold will be the default colour - on the P1 default was black, with gold and silver limited release colours.

I'll listen and possibly buy, but the design ethos is just meh imo...

Regards,

Giles

My old Z2 also had that panel which I very hate that design 
mad.gif

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #123 of 1,024
I am going to side with Giles on this one - not sure why the current wave of designs for high end DAPs have knobs/buttons/parts of the case jutting here and there, weird bevels that make no sense, thickness changes front to back, non-rectangular shapes, etc.

The P1 is the bomb on design - clean, beautiful, fantastic UI and sound.

And to use a Dennis Miller quote  "Of course that's just my opinion.  I could be wrong."!

Cheers,
Tim

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #124 of 1,024
Agreed - does add originality and thus uniqueness.  Remember the VW Thing or Pontiac Aztek?

Need I say more?

My apologies if I offended anyone that ones these vehicles
confused_face_2.gif

Cheers,
Tim

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #129 of 1,024
The preference for this DAP's looks can be subjective. It does look futuristic. But I kinda prefer the much simpler design of the P1.

But what throws me off about this design is, the location of the headphone ports relative to the knobs. You need the headphone ports to be on the same side as the knob, if the knob is located on the top or the bottom of the device. Imagine putting the dap in your pocket, you'll understand what I am saying.

Mar 5, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #130 of 1,024
  The preference for this DAP's looks can be subjective. It does look futuristic. But I kinda prefer the much simpler design of the P1.

But what throws me off about this design is, the location of the headphone ports relative to the knobs. You need the headphone ports to be on the same side as the knob, if the knob is located on the top or the bottom of the device. Imagine putting the dap in your pocket, you'll understand what I am saying.

Excellent point !

Mar 5, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #131 of 1,024

That's a great point. That can make the P2 a bit unwieldy and impossible to stack with amps or DACs.

Mar 5, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #133 of 1,024
Let's make a worldwide protest and no one buy one to make Cowon realize this mistake and make them drop the price to $500.00. Hahaha
OK after they protest AK products.

Mar 6, 2017 at 2:41 AM Post #135 of 1,024

You are absolutely right!! I always put my DAP in the pocket while on the go. And I always need the volume knob at hand. So I don't know how this should work for me. It won't. This design flaw is a no go for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back