Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Oct 9, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #3,076 of 5,310
If I ever work up the courage to try customs again the hy3 peaks my interest more than the 4 tbh.

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #3,077 of 5,310
  If I ever work up the courage to try customs again the hy3 peaks my interest more than the 4 tbh.

You figured out why you were having problems, didn't you? Something about a flap in your ear?

HY3 has great bass impact that only a dynamic driver can provide. BA4 would be better in other respects though, like imaging, treble, etc.

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #3,078 of 5,310
  My refitted HY3's just arrived! So far they seem to fit great. They added .2mm on the left canal and .7mm on the right as I suggested. There is actually bass now! Deep, powerful, rumbling bass too. The seal is easily broken if I smile, for example, but easily fixed with a slight push.

They also widened the end of the mid/treble bore to create a sort of "horn" to increase the treble a bit. Indeed it seems to sound less dark/veiled but of course I can't directly compare the before/after so I can't say how dramatic the difference is.

The new "horned" bores:

Old case (top) vs. new case (bottom) - the new cases come in multiple colours:

Old vs. new pouch:

Good for you man! The shells look really good too :)

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #3,079 of 5,310
Those monitors look really nice, but isn't this the new case?

biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #3,081 of 5,310
I like the smooth PVC lower one that Marley has, the nylon one is just too common.

I'm upto "Final Finishing" now, so fingers crossed they'll be in the post soon winging their way into my sweaty paws.

Oct 10, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #3,084 of 5,310
  Ever since I used copy in order, the player won't scan more than 3-4 artists from the sd card :0

I had no such problem when the files weren't copied in order.

What's this about?
biggrin.gif

I can't wait for my BA4F to arrive, Phil is surprising me with the design, I have no idea what it will look like. I'm thinking Steam punk/Junk
cool.gif

Oct 10, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #3,085 of 5,310

What's this about?
biggrin.gif

I can't wait for my BA4F to arrive, Phil is surprising me with the design, I have no idea what it will look like. I'm thinking Steam punk/Junk
cool.gif

Haha, sorry wrong thread XD 

It's about the iBasso DX50, it worked fine without copying the files in order to the sd card.

And that's a pretty daring move!

Oct 10, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #3,087 of 5,310
  You figured out why you were having problems, didn't you? Something about a flap in your ear?

HY3 has great bass impact that only a dynamic driver can provide. BA4 would be better in other respects though, like imaging, treble, etc.

True, but not sure I can be bothered with the refits and such again :p  Not fair on myself or Phil (especially if they are busy) to go through that again :)  How do yours seem now?

Oct 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #3,088 of 5,310
Is there a timeframe for HY5 availability?

Oct 10, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #3,089 of 5,310
  True, but not sure I can be bothered with the refits and such again :p  Not fair on myself or Phil (especially if they are busy) to go through that again :)  How do yours seem now?

See here:
  And I spoke too soon... I think I'll need one more refit to thicken up the right piece even more... I'm confident it will be right this time

Quote:
  Is there a timeframe for HY5 availability?

Probably not. Phil is working on some new models but I suspect they are BA-based, probably the BA5 and/or BA6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back