Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Oct 10, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #3,091 of 5,310
It's soon been two months since they said they'd notify me in a week or two when I could place my order. Still no information, and I've seen a large group of people zoom way past me (I originally put myself on the notification list for the BA1 way early in the spring). It seems like I should've bugged them and been a horrible customer and sent the shells up front and incessantly demanded to have them done ASAP, since that's what most people seem to be doing and getting excellent service. This is ridiculous.

All in all, I wish they had some more control over how their own system work and a clearer guideline on how to contact them, as this has been an incredibly frustrating six months and patient waiting seems to do **** all. I don't think I will be ordering anything from them until they can rework the system. Too bad, I now have a pair of molds that are absolutely useless to me.

Oct 10, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #3,093 of 5,310
  looks nice, any website?

www.cosmicears.com

It's soon been two months since they said they'd notify me in a week or two when I could place my order. Still no information, and I've seen a large group of people zoom way past me (I originally put myself on the notification list for the BA1 way early in the spring). It seems like I should've bugged them and been a horrible customer and sent the shells up front and incessantly demanded to have them done ASAP, since that's what most people seem to be doing and getting excellent service. This is ridiculous.

All in all, I wish they had some more control over how their own system work and a clearer guideline on how to contact them, as this has been an incredibly frustrating six months and patient waiting seems to do **** all. I don't think I will be ordering anything from them until they can rework the system. Too bad, I now have a pair of molds that are absolutely useless to me.

It's not necessary to "incessantly demand" but it's ok to follow up, you know. They're busy and forget things. Just register on the website and send your impressions when you have them made. When they receive your impressions request for them to enable the shop, and if that doesn't happen within a few days, follow up.

Oct 10, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #3,094 of 5,310

well I ordered mine on the 22nd of August and now it's in shell assembly,
but the only reason why it took this long is because there was a faulty component with my TF10 and Phil had to order a new driver to repair it for free, you heard me, free. So I don't really mind waiting the extra weeks since he's willing to help.

Should have e-mailed them, Phil is a very helpful guy in my experience.

Oct 10, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #3,095 of 5,310

well I ordered mine on the 22nd of August and now it's in shell assembly,
but the only reason why it took this long is because there was a faulty component with my TF10 and Phil had to order a new driver to repair it for free, you heard me, free. So I don't really mind waiting the extra weeks since he's willing to help.

Should have e-mailed them, Phil is a very helpful guy in my experience.

He also fixed my shells, for free, and sent three packages for free too! I think I might've cost more to cosmic ears than what they earned on me.

Oct 11, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #3,098 of 5,310
I hate bugging them, I don't get an answer most of the time, never if through email or if I do it turn out to fall through, I signed up to notification list quite some time ago but then found out thats not the ordering process, I was told my BA4F's would be done over a week ago but instead they've sat in shell assembly for weeks. I understand they're extremely busy and have stated they're even working weekends but I just don't like being given false information. I don't mind the wait, I can understand so long as I am kept updated as they said they would. Having given that amount of money to a company that far away from me and being left so in the dark doesn't feel great. I originally chose Cosmic Ears due to the great customer service I'd heard all about, but for me that hasn't been the case.

Oct 11, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #3,099 of 5,310
Already received a response from Phil, not too sure how he managed to go from daftpolecat to my real name.
He kindly addressed most of my issues, explaining why things are the way they are, the only problem I have to say is that as mentioned in the previous post i said I was given a false finish date, it is nice of Phil to address my concerns on this occasion so fast and politely.

Oct 11, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #3,100 of 5,310
Already received a response from Phil, not too sure how he managed to go from daftpolecat to my real name.
He kindly addressed most of my issues, explaining why things are the way they are, the only problem I have to say is that as mentioned in the previous post i said I was given a false finish date, it is nice of Phil to address my concerns on this occasion so fast and politely.

Told ya he was a cool cat.

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #3,101 of 5,310

Yeah same here... it's kind of cool and creepy at the same time. It's like he has psychic powers 
rolleyes.gif

Told ya he was a cool cat.

So many cats around here... Cat Face, daftpolecat, that guy who keeps talking about the rear end of a cat...

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #3,102 of 5,310

No offence mate, I wouldn't blast Cosmic without giving them the benefit of the doubt, I made first contact with them late Aug, I sent mail thru their website and didn't get anything from them for a couple of days so I dug out their email and sent an email there also. I heard back from them and they said they would enable the store for me this took another couple of days, I had to prompt them.

Once payment was made it took me a few days to get my own ducks in row to post my impressions. I did that in early Sept, Phil got them in mid month and now I'm up to testing and QA now.
As a worker bee myself that answers plenty of emails, I understand that some get sent to the spam box and are ignored very easily.
I'm sure that Phil and his team would be sincere and apologetic if they passed up your mail by accident and made you feel lost. Contact them again and don't give up, I'm sure you'll appreciate the finished product when they arrive at your doorstep.

Chill the saying goes 'All good things come to those who wait.'

Good luck.

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #3,103 of 5,310
I just received the BA4f! 

They look stunning, and sound amazing too! I'd have to use them a little longer to reach some final conclusions, but they punch above their price.

There's more good news! Because Phil thinks I'm a swell lad, he threw in an extra blue case! I chose the black one, but I actually like the blue one better :x

Phil knows me so well...

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #3,104 of 5,310
  I just received the BA4f!

They look stunning, and sound amazing too! I'd have to use them a little longer to reach some final conclusions, but they punch above their price.

There's more good news! Because Phil thinks I'm a swell lad, he threw in an extra blue case! I chose the black one, but I actually like the blue one better :x

Phil knows me so well...

Congrats Mate!

I'm still envious!!!!!!! Enjoy and post up a review and some photos when you have the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back