Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Oct 7, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #3,062 of 5,310
Frogbeats, really? I thought they were doing well. I guess I've been out of the loop, or I was misled by their more upmarket pricing. As for crashing and burning, it doesn't get better (or worse) than Livewires or Kozee.

My thoughts exactly. They were doing great when I got my C4 a while back. Surely they haven't gone the route of Livewires and Kozee?

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #3,063 of 5,310
The worst company is Unique Melody.  They continue to take money and not deliver the CIEM.  They've had mine since the start of May and ignore all attempts to communicate except one e-mail saying build time has been extended even longer.

Great company to use if you're in the mood for a 7 month+ wait.  Assuming they ever deliver.

Oct 8, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #3,065 of 5,310

Frogbeats, really? I thought they were doing well. I guess I've been out of the loop, or I was misled by their more upmarket pricing. As for crashing and burning, it doesn't get better (or worse) than Livewires or Kozee.

I should have added the cIEM line of frogbeats... And thankfully I've never heard of livewires or kozee.

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #3,066 of 5,310
  The worst company is Unique Melody.  They continue to take money and not deliver the CIEM.  They've had mine since the start of May and ignore all attempts to communicate except one e-mail saying build time has been extended even longer.

Great company to use if you're in the mood for a 7 month+ wait.  Assuming they ever deliver.

What model did you order? Was it in production?

They scrapped their entire cIEM line! They noticed the quality of their product started to vary. Atleast that was the lastest I read.

According to their website they're still offering CIEMs, but there's this notice: http://customs.frogbeats.com/an-announcement

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #3,067 of 5,310
  What model did you order? Was it in production?

According to their website they're still offering CIEMs, but there's this notice: http://customs.frogbeats.com/an-announcement

That sure is something else than what I read on the frogbeats thread. A user received an e-mail from frogbeats stating that they stopped producing any cIEMs. But apparently that is not the case, so moving on :)

Anyway, I'm so happy I chose cosmic ears. I didn't have to sell a kidney to afford it, the BA4f sounds like god and the customer service is top notch.

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #3,068 of 5,310

By the time you get them, they might not even fit anymore!

Oct 9, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #3,069 of 5,310

I would have got a refund long ago. Presume you paid by credit card? If so, get your credit card supplier to refund you and they can chase Unique Melody for the money.

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #3,070 of 5,310
I'm still waiting for my pair of 4f don't get me wrong I am more than happy to wait for Phil, he only got my impressions in mid sept.
I just got my w4r on Monday and am just looking forward to comparing them.:) :)

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #3,075 of 5,310
My refitted HY3's just arrived! So far they seem to fit great. They added .2mm on the left canal and .7mm on the right as I suggested. There is actually bass now! Deep, powerful, rumbling bass too. The seal is easily broken if I smile, for example, but easily fixed with a slight push.

They also widened the end of the mid/treble bore to create a sort of "horn" to increase the treble a bit. Indeed it seems to sound less dark/veiled but of course I can't directly compare the before/after so I can't say how dramatic the difference is.

The new "horned" bores:

Old case (top) vs. new case (bottom) - the new cases come in multiple colours:

Old vs. new pouch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back