Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Apr 17, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #1,878 of 5,310
Anyone else had an email from ce this week?  It's not so much that I'm chasing them it's the fact that I can't check emails at work so the anticipation of a response is killing me.  Don't want to send another email asking if they'd got my email as that seems self defeating!  I'm kinda on hold until I get a reply back.

Cheers

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #1,880 of 5,310
Quote:
If I am not mistaking BA2 has flattish response and GR07BE, as its name says, kinda bass heavy. I am not sure they can be compared directly.

Still interesting to know how close the price to performance ratio is!

Quote:
Anyone else had an email from ce this week?  It's not so much that I'm chasing them it's the fact that I can't check emails at work so the anticipation of a response is killing me.  Don't want to send another email asking if they'd got my email as that seems self defeating!  I'm kinda on hold until I get a reply back.

Cheers

Quote:
Been silent for a week now but I'm sure that will change in a few weeks

I heard from Phil today. He is out of the country for the moment if I understood it correctly, so that might be why he's not answering.

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #1,881 of 5,310
Ah that makes sense of a sort.  Looks like I'll chuck the iems back in the post so they can be arriving when he hopefully gets back.

Cheers

Apr 17, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #1,882 of 5,310
Quote:
Ah that makes sense of a sort.  Looks like I'll chuck the iems back in the post so they can be arriving when he hopefully gets back.

Cheers

Man I do wish you find your perfect fit and happyness really. I feel you like have been unlucky more than an average person. Time to change the rules 
wink.gif

Apr 17, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #1,884 of 5,310
Quote:
Man I do wish you find your perfect fit and happyness really. I feel you like have been unlucky more than an average person. Time to change the rules 
wink.gif

Thanks!  This weeks the closest I've come to giving up on the whole shebang really.  So much for customs being easy!  The ma's (aside from them being faulty) would have fit it it hadn't been for the strain relief so that's irritating in itsself.  I've been having a look at the positioning and it's about as far back as it'll go so I'm not sure what we are going to do there.  I'm still contemplating getting another set of impressions done as I have to send the ma's back anyway but don't think there's much point if the originals fit perfectly (which they do).  These are all questions I'm awaiting answers to so I'm in a bit of a loop trying to figure out what to do.  It's so frustrating being so near and yet so far.  Plus I reckon you lot are getting bored reading me whinging about fit issues all the time :) :p

Cheers

Apr 18, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #1,885 of 5,310
Got my empty shells to see if they fit, neither side is a good fit :frowning2: looks like I'll try and find a better audiologist.

Apr 18, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #1,886 of 5,310
Shame.

I'm now coming to the unfortunate conclusion that there's little point sending mine back until I get another set of impressions done at a different audiologist.  I've always gone with the same person but never had much luck over three companies.  With the audiologist being the only thing linking the companies I'm assuming that there's a problem somewhere.

Cheers

Apr 21, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #1,887 of 5,310
I'm getting really excited to order a pair, but its so hard to finally order one since I know this wouldn't be very easy to sell (hopefully not going to sell at all!) since I usually buy things used and sell them later losing no money. I have one question though, can anyone chime in on a comparison with the Yamaha EPH-100? Its all I got to compare to in terms of high quality IEMs. 

I mean if it can really compare to headphones then sign me up haha

Apr 21, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #1,888 of 5,310
Actually, I take back my other comment, left side was fine, right just needs thickening on the canal and canal entrance.

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #1,889 of 5,310
Quote:
Actually, I take back my other comment, left side was fine, right just needs thickening on the canal and canal entrance.

Ditto - my shells went back last week - ironically my left side I have struggled with normal IEMs!
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 22, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #1,890 of 5,310
Got my HY3s this weekend. WOW! really worth the wait these sound amazing along with the help from Phil along the way. Now been listening to them for a few hours a day, is there any proof in this burning in period oris it just hype...They sound amazing now so it's not an issue just wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back