Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Apr 22, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #1,892 of 5,310
It depends. Almost all dynamic drivers change dramatically in sound during the first 30 minutes of burn in. While undoubtedly any mechanism changes with use over time, whether you actually hear any perceptible differences beyond the first few hours depends on how "audiophile" your ears are, you getting used to the sound psychologically, and the nature of the drivers themselves. Some headphones change a lot more with burn in while others don't seem to change at all. Balanced armature drivers generally speaking don't need as much burn in as dynamics, if at all.

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #1,893 of 5,310
If your that worried about it chuck it in the drawer overnight on repeat and see if you can hear a difference in the morning perhaps?

Cheers

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #1,894 of 5,310
Does anyone have the address for Cosmic Ears? I've got some shells to send back but lost the address sticker that came with them. Haven't heard back from Phil and want to get them back asap so I can finally listen to some music again.

Thanks

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #1,895 of 5,310
I'm sure Davicotton knows it by heart by now
frown.gif

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #1,896 of 5,310
Quote:
Does anyone have the address for Cosmic Ears? I've got some shells to send back but lost the address sticker that came with them. Haven't heard back from Phil and want to get them back asap so I can finally listen to some music again.

Thanks

Attn: Philip Gartell
Cosmic Ears
Musserongången 141
Tyresö
Sweden

Apr 22, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #1,898 of 5,310
Hey guys. I have been looking at the website and trying to purchase a pair but it doesn't seem to let me. Are they just not selling any ciems right now or am I just doing something wrong. I always get to this product required page. Please give me some advice. I tried emailing them, but not response.

Apr 23, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #1,899 of 5,310
Quote:
Hey guys. I have been looking at the website and trying to purchase a pair but it doesn't seem to let me. Are they just not selling any ciems right now or am I just doing something wrong. I always get to this product required page. Please give me some advice. I tried emailing them, but not response.

It's because they're out of cables and monitors for the moment so they don't take any orders right now. The new cables and monitors should arrive in early may according to Phil. There's a queue system so sign up and request a purchase on the modell you want and they'll let you know when they got things in stock again.

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #1,900 of 5,310
Somebody here said that Phil was out of the country so that may be why he's not responding to emails. I haven't heard back from him either.

This wait is killing me, especially knowing that my shells are made and ready, yet no cables.

And by the way, the extra-bass BA2 experiment didn't go well (he couldn't get the bass impact from the driver), so don't ask for one
redface.gif

Apr 23, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #1,902 of 5,310
Quote:
I talked to Phil today and he gave new precise dates. But it's not up to me to tell :)

Yeah, I talked to Phil today too. Did you get any dates about the BA4?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back