Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Apr 5, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #1,801 of 5,310
i really can't decide between the BA3 and 1964-v3's right now, does anyone have any advice on what type of sound signature they have compared to each other? i'm using TF10s right now and like them, but i want to venture into customs

i'm even considering going all out and just buying the jh10x3 from jh audio

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #1,802 of 5,310
I don't think a lot of people have heard the three as people seem focussed on the 4.  Best bet (god we are sounding like a stuck record here!) is to contact ce and ask them what the ba3 sound is like.  Other option is to have the tf10 reshelled by them anyway.

Cheers

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #1,803 of 5,310
I don't think a lot of people have heard the three as people seem focussed on the 4.  Best bet (god we are sounding like a stuck record here!) is to contact ce and ask them what the ba3 sound is like.  Other option is to have the tf10 reshelled by them anyway.

Cheers

Have you received a parcel today or the dreaded calling card? I'm interested to hear is your fit issues have been solved!!

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #1,804 of 5,310
i really can't decide between the BA3 and 1964-v3's right now, does anyone have any advice on what type of sound signature they have compared to each other? i'm using TF10s right now and like them, but i want to venture into customs

i'm even considering going all out and just buying the jh10x3 from jh audio

Did you consider the fischer amps fa3 xb? Its an universal but with a custom case like the 4ai ive read its a first class triple fi 10 i bought them two days ago in thomann cyberstore with 3 years of warranty first impressions to come

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #1,805 of 5,310
Quote:
Did you consider the fischer amps fa3 xb? Its an universal but with a custom case like the 4ai ive read its a first class triple fi 10 i bought them two days ago in thomann cyberstore with 3 years of warranty first impressions to come

When you can, post your impressions about them in this dedicated thread. This is a CE thread... 

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #1,806 of 5,310
Quote:
Have you received a parcel today or the dreaded calling card? I'm interested to hear is your fit issues have been solved!!

At work so more later.  Positive first impressions but might need a tweak (just a lil thickening I think)

Cheers

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #1,807 of 5,310
Apr 5, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #1,808 of 5,310
Thanks i didnt know there was a thread of fischer amps, and i was deciding between a cosmic ears custom and the fischer xb, i saw this guy looking for something like the triple fi 10 and id say the fischers have more common with customs than with universals, anyway ill post my impressions on that thread

When you can, post your impressions about them in this dedicated thread. This is a CE thread... 

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #1,809 of 5,310
Quote:
If you think about only adding a µ or 2 of thickness you might want to try some kind of hearing aid lube. Seals the monitors 100% and is EXTREMELY comfortable.

http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/oto-care-kit.html

have you not used nail varnish, worked for me, except my customs finally went back for a well needed refit.
if it just needs a little thickening then nail varnish should be fine

Apr 5, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #1,810 of 5,310
Quote:
If you think about only adding a µ or 2 of thickness you might want to try some kind of hearing aid lube. Seals the monitors 100% and is EXTREMELY comfortable.

http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/oto-care-kit.html

Quote:
have you not used nail varnish, worked for me, except my customs finally went back for a well needed refit.
if it just needs a little thickening then nail varnish should be fine

Hi

Still a little early to say for sure but think the right canal isn't thick enough.  So what happens is that I try to push the iem that bit further in and makes it uncomfortable.

I'm sending in my tf10 for a reshell so will just include these for a little thickening.  They sit very comfortabaly in the ear, they just don't seal it properly.  When I do get a seal (it doesn't hold) I do like the sound, and they've only got a few hours burn in.  Out of a sansa clip plus they kinda remind me a little of sennheiser ie7's atm (which is a good thing!).

Cheers

Apr 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #1,811 of 5,310
I'm glad I live in Stockholm! If I get any fit issues with my HY5's to be I'll just visit Phil! The CE office is like a 20 min buss-ride from where I live 
size]

For now:

Apr 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #1,812 of 5,310
Lucky you!

Sadly the right ear as ever remains an elusive fit, even with the micros.  I can get it to seal but it just doesn't hold which leads me to think it's either a length issue or a thickness issue.  I'm also beginning to at last wonder if my right ear has an intolerance to acryllic in general.  The only time I got a fit first time was with minervas silicone m3 (ironically, they could never get the left ear correct which led me to CE in the first place!).

Shot phil a (lengthy) email but it's beginning to look like my ears are a challenge too far!

Cheers

Apr 5, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #1,813 of 5,310
Quote:
They have gone up in price since the thread started, that's not the fault of the OP. also, you need to put the current prices in perpespective - comparable CIEMs are more than double or 3 times these prices.

Cosmic ear 3 driver: 345
1964 3 driver: 425

Cosmic ear 4 driver : 421
1964 4 driver: 525

yeah its cheaper thats for sure.  Good prices... but not half or a third the cost of other places.

you're right its not the OP's fault that prices went up.  But its still wrong info in the "original post"...the one where everyone should read.  The info should be updated... theres an edit button.

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #1,814 of 5,310
Quote:

Cosmic ear 3 driver: 345
1964 3 driver: 425

Cosmic ear 4 driver : 421
1964 4 driver: 525

yeah its cheaper thats for sure.  Good prices... but not half or a third the cost of other places.

you're right its not the OP's fault that prices went up.  But its still wrong info in the "original post"...the one where everyone should read.  The info should be updated... theres an edit button.

Updated the original post. I can't keep up with each change, so I just put a disclaimer on there. The cheaper models will be coming back into the line up soon, and those ones are indeed half price or less compared to most entry level stuff. 

Apr 6, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #1,815 of 5,310
Quote:
Anyone in the US can tell me about how much it will cost to ship my impressions to CE? Just curious since USPS prices just went up recently. I'm tempted to just ship my impressions now but then Phil doesn't have an ETA on the BA4 so it seems a bit pointless but then it'd be nice for my impressions to already be in his possession so that he can get the ball rolling as soon as they are available.

When I shipped mine out in September, I think it was under 8 bucks, around 7.80.  If the  prices have gone up, then I would still think its under 10 dollars, or 15 if you do a flat rate small box.  I was really surprised at how cheap it was for international shipping. But all of this was with an impression kit I did myself, and it included a return shipping box, which made it cheaper. 

After having my customs for nearly 4 months now, and with every day use, I love them more every day.  I have the BA2, and I think it fits my preferences well.  I am used to Etys, and the sound signature is similar, but with a little more bass extension.  It can punch when it needs to, but it is never overpowering.  That is something that I personally can't stand (I am definitely not a bass head, I don't like it) and with my MEE M6 and A151, the bass was way too overpowering and muddled.  None of that here.  If you would prefer a bit more of an analytic signature, but without being too sterile, the BA2 is excellent. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back