Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Apr 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #1,786 of 5,310
Quote:

TF10 attempts a far more colored, exciting sound. I say "attempts" because it isn't always successful imo. But it's got exaggerated bass, sucked out mids, and tipped up highs compared to the BA4. The TF10 lover would say the BA4 sounds too sterile and cold. The lover of neutral sound would say the TF10 is a caricature of what real music should sound like. 

Essentially, the two don't really compete for the same audience, if that makes any sense. 

Thanks for the response, that makes perfect sense to me. While I have started to appreciate the TF10 signature a bit, I'm still not too crazy about it because it doesn't perform too well for most of my songs. I'm thinking the closet thing I have to neutral are my m-audio AV40 and I quite like the sound of that so I'm 95% certain that neutral is what I'm looking for. BA4 it is!

Apr 3, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #1,787 of 5,310
Quote:
I'm getting really interested in this brand, I would really like to purchase a model from them. I was thinking the BA4. However, the molds need the extend passed the second bend of the ear canal. However, that bend so big in my ear canal, that it completely blocks the rest of the ear canal. Is it even possible for me to get custom in ears?

Your best bet as ever is to email Phil at Cosmic Ears ( I think they are shut the rest of the week for holiday, so don't expect the blazing fast replies that we are used to just yet :).  Fwiw I thought I needed the extra length on the canals to help with fit but that turned out not to be the issue.  With the ba4 as well you will be waiting a while for them to get stock in.

In other news looks my ma's are winging there way over to the uk.  Atm it's got "The item has been dispatched from Posten´s international terminal for onward transport abroad".  I'm guessing the next update will be when I sign for them.

Cheers

Apr 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #1,790 of 5,310
I am glad that I introduced you Marleybob this brand, but I feel jelly that you will get your pairs before I get mine 
smily_headphones1.gif
 I do believe that BA4 will fit perfectly to you both for your music and comfort needs. Of course it is always better to contact Phil first. Good luck on your journey Mr Strange Ears 
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #1,791 of 5,310
Quote:
I am glad that I introduced you Marleybob this brand, but I feel jelly that you will get your pairs before I get mine 
smily_headphones1.gif
 I do believe that BA4 will fit perfectly to you both for your music and comfort needs. Of course it is always better to contact Phil first. Good luck on your journey Mr Strange Ears 
biggrin.gif

Haha thanks :p 

Well I'm not getting them just yet, if I buy something audio related this month my friends/girlfriend will probably hold an intervention...

Apr 3, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #1,792 of 5,310
well thats disappointing.... I saw USD in the OP then go to the site and its in pounds..... misleading to say the least

Apr 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #1,793 of 5,310
Quote:
well thats disappointing.... I saw USD in the OP then go to the site and its in pounds..... misleading to say the least

The site lets you select various currencies and will adjust the price to fit. Prices have gone up a little since the original post but they are still really low... and some of the cheaper models aren't yet on the new website as they are still being tweaked. Soon they will have the single dynamic driver model and the single BA model, with low prices. 

Apr 3, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #1,794 of 5,310
then the op should be changed.  

I can figure out the conversion from pounds to dollars.  Misleading still.  Went up a little?  the base went from 100 to 150....thats a 50% increase.... thats not a little but quite a bit.  

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #1,795 of 5,310
Quote:
In other news looks my ma's are winging there way over to the uk.  Atm it's got "The item has been dispatched from Posten´s international terminal for onward transport abroad".  I'm guessing the next update will be when I sign for them.

Cheers

So do you have them? The ma's are the single and dual drivers?

Apr 4, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #1,796 of 5,310
Quote:
So do you have them? The ma's are the single and dual drivers?

:) 

Not yet, last the tracking update said was that it arrived in the uk yesterday at 4:55pm for sorting.  Outside chance for today, but more likely tomorrow.

They are the dual drivers (ma1's being the single).  I'm hoping that they'll be somewhere between westone 2 and 3 for sound as that would fit me very nice :)

Cheers

Apr 4, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #1,797 of 5,310
then the op should be changed.  

I can figure out the conversion from pounds to dollars.  Misleading still.  Went up a little?  the base went from 100 to 150....thats a 50% increase.... thats not a little but quite a bit.  

They have gone up in price since the thread started, that's not the fault of the OP. also, you need to put the current prices in perpespective - comparable CIEMs are more than double or 3 times these prices.

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #1,798 of 5,310
Yesterday was the date I expected my impressions to arrive at CE so I emailed Phil asking whether he received them yet... and the response this morning was that my shells have already been created! Crazy! So I might get them sooner than I expected... so excited! Haha

Apr 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #1,799 of 5,310
Quote:
Yesterday was the date I expected my impressions to arrive at CE so I emailed Phil asking whether he received them yet... and the response this morning was that my shells have already been created! Crazy! So I might get them sooner than I expected... so excited! Haha

Welcome to the I-Love-Phil-Club 
size]

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #1,800 of 5,310
Anyone in the US can tell me about how much it will cost to ship my impressions to CE? Just curious since USPS prices just went up recently. I'm tempted to just ship my impressions now but then Phil doesn't have an ETA on the BA4 so it seems a bit pointless but then it'd be nice for my impressions to already be in his possession so that he can get the ball rolling as soon as they are available.

Hey guys, sorry if this has been said before but I haven't really focused much on the HY models and I'm a bit interested in the HY2 now. Are the HY2 in production now? I'm considering a pair of HY2 if they're in production now to hold me off on the BA4 and possibly use HY2 for my bass needs (I'm assuming the bass will be greater than BA4 on the HY2 because of the dynamic low in the HY2).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back