Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Apr 9, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #1,832 of 5,310
Quote:
A little out of order there mate in all honesty.

I would of loved the reshell with fisher to have worked first time.  I would have loved the minervas to have worked first time.  I would have loved the CE's to have worked first time, SO WHY THE **** would I exaggerate about the fit problems?  All it's done is cost me time and money in postage.  It's also cost Phil a lot in the way of time he could have spent with other customers, and resources in postage and material.  So no I don't think I'm exaggerating.

And breath.

Cheers

If you are having problems with multiple re-shell companies, it that your earmolds are not right , may be you can find another audiologist, you can also try open vs closed mouth impressions.

Apr 9, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #1,833 of 5,310
Quote:
It is wonderful to see that Phil is doing excellent on customer service part too. I understand it is not pleasent for both sides but at least he does everything he can do to fix all the problems. He got me 1 more time. So far everything is awesome about CE.

Agreed. It is good to see a company go all out to ensure the customer is happy (within reason). It ensures that potential customers are reassured in the event that things may be a little off, and takes away some of the anxiety. 

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #1,834 of 5,310
Quote:

Ah come on, it's called humor. I clearly said "in all seriousness ..." That should have made it clear I was just messing around (if the smiley didn't give that away already)

Fair enough, we'll chalk that one up to a misunderstanding, I guess I just wanted to show the lengths that CE have gone too as well.

Quote:
If you are having problems with multiple re-shell companies, it that your earmolds are not right , may be you can find another audiologist, you can also try open vs closed mouth impressions.

You would think that wouldn't you?  Last time round I had my moulds sent back and tried them on.  First time fit in both ears.  That's what's been strange about this whole issue.

Normal service has been resumed :)

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #1,835 of 5,310
Quote:
TF10 and UE900 is way much more colorful compared to BA4. BA4 is a monitor ciem it has a rather flat/analytical sound signature. You might rediscover your music collection. If you want something similar to TF10 sound signature go for BA5 or BA3.

But I believe you might like BA4. In the early posts you can see project86's comments about them. They are extremely positive.

Thanks AmberOzl. I am definitely looking for a neutral, transparent sound, so the BA4's might be right for me. And I'd really like to rediscover my favorite music!

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #1,836 of 5,310
Quote:
Thanks AmberOzl. I am definitely looking for a neutral, transparent sound, so the BA4's might be right for me. And I'd really like to rediscover my favorite music!

You are welcome mate, I hope you will like your new customs, don't forget to contact Phil too, he is great at helping to people before purchasing.

Apr 10, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #1,837 of 5,310
Didn't anyone try the BA3? Haven't seen anyone give an impression on them!

I'm interested in whether I should choose the BA3 or the BA2... My prefered sound signature is somewhere around sennheiser HD650 but with a bit more lows. Vocals are very important for me and i can't stand sibilance.

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #1,838 of 5,310
Shipped! 
popcorn.gif

Apr 10, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #1,839 of 5,310
Quote:
Didn't anyone try the BA3? Haven't seen anyone give an impression on them!

I'm interested in whether I should choose the BA3 or the BA2... My prefered sound signature is somewhere around sennheiser HD650 but with a bit more lows. Vocals are very important for me and i can't stand sibilance.

You should ask it to Phil. Just email to him and find the customs that would fit for your needs. He is great at helping.

Apr 10, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #1,842 of 5,310
Quote:
Just got an e-mail from Phill that my BA2s with the new Purple Paua Shell faceplate design have been finished!
The picture is taken with an iPhone so not the best quality, but does give some impression of what they're about:

I really like the look of them... They remind me of a vintage drum kit I used to have, that had a marine pearl finish.
Have also been very happy with the service/correspondance from Cosmic Ears so far.
But off course it's all about the sound; will probably be wearing these non-stop when they arrive...
Simply can't wait 'till they make the way from Stockholm to Copenhagen :)

Aaaaand... they arrived!
They became delayed due to Phill not being 100% happy with the ones on the picture above. So he made a new pair. I like the fact that they are so serious about the quality, even though, obviously it delayed the delivery a bit.
Still not burned in but first impressions. Please note that this is my first pair of CIEMs, so some may be irrelevant for some people:
1) Wow, they are beautiful! The pictures certainly do them no justice at all. Sparkling things don't seem to translate to photos very well and this is a perfect example of that.
2) The shells are pretty hard compared to my custom made earplugs (for musicians), so I was a bit anxious as to how comfortable they would be. Luckily the fit is very good, so they turned out to be as least as comfortable as my earplugs once they are in the ear (takes a bit of practice). Build quality seems very good.
3) The sound isolation is crazy! My Sennheiser HD280 (said to isolate 32 db... which is probably optimistic) completely pale in comparison. Which is a plus in my book, and the reason why I chose the full-sized shell. But if you're planning on talking a lot while wearing them (and hearing what people answer), I'd probably go for a smaller shell.
So far really happy with them :)
I'll check back with pics and sound impressions once they have properly burned in :)

Apr 10, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #1,843 of 5,310
Quote:
Aaaaand... they arrived!
They became delayed due to Phill not being 100% happy with the ones on the picture above. So he made a new pair. I like the fact that they are so serious about the quality, even though, obviously it delayed the delivery a bit.
Still not burned in but first impressions. Please note that this is my first pair of CIEMs, so some may be irrelevant for some people:
1) Wow, they are beautiful! The pictures certainly do them no justice at all. Sparkling things don't seem to translate to photos very well and this is a perfect example of that.
2) The shells are pretty hard compared to my custom made earplugs (for musicians), so I was a bit anxious as to how comfortable they would be. Luckily the fit is very good, so they turned out to be as least as comfortable as my earplugs once they are in the ear (takes a bit of practice). Build quality seems very good.
3) The sound isolation is crazy! My Sennheiser HD280 (said to isolate 32 db... which is probably optimistic) completely pale in comparison. Which is a plus in my book, and the reason why I chose the full-sized shell. But if you're planning on talking a lot while wearing them (and hearing what people answer), I'd probably go for a smaller shell.
So far really happy with them :)
I'll check back with pics and sound impressions once they have properly burned in :)

Nice one:)

Bit of a boring question but how long did they take to get to you?  Phil's trying to determine which is the better depot to use.  Mine took 4 days to arrive from sweden to the uk.

Enjoy :)

Apr 10, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #1,844 of 5,310
Quote:

I've actually already done that but apparantly Phil don't listen to rock so he doesn't know whether the BA2 or the BA3 is best suited for that genre. :)

Fwiw my ma2's (ba2 in micro form) sounded great when they worked with rock (I'm thinking bands like Magnum, Pendragon here so your reference may vary).  Would imagine the 3 would be better still.

Cheers

Apr 10, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #1,845 of 5,310
Yes, the twin driver does a great job all around, including various rock. I listen to everything from metal to classic rock, you name it, that little twin driver can do it. In fact, with certain rock and a Sansa Fuze as source, I might prefer it to the more expensive BA4! It's more forgiving of the flawed recordings, and has more bass kick when used with a basic player like that. 

Sorry Phil, hate to divert sales of your more expensive model, but the BA2 is just that good. 

Nobody has heard the BA3 (except Phil and probably some locals there) so no idea how it compares. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back