Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Mar 15, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #1,651 of 5,310
Quote:
I wonder what portable amp would work great with the BA4. I only have the JDSLabs C421 left but it has too much gain for my universal iems so volume is very low and as a result there's a serious channel imbalance at comfortable listening levels.

Hard to say without anyone having heard the BA4 but looking at its specs it should not be hard to drive. How about Fiio's E12 Mont Blanc, as a suggestion?

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #1,652 of 5,310
I'm guessing that with such low impedance we'll need some serious low out-impedance amps to avoid distortion and other discomforts
Correct?

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #1,653 of 5,310
JDS Labs C5, digital volume = no channel imbalance, output impedance is 2ohm so fine with low impedance.

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #1,654 of 5,310
I'm guessing that with such low impedance we'll need some serious low out-impedance amps to avoid distortion and other discomforts
Correct?

Correct, under one ohm ideally but then it all goes down to synergy, I will be testing it with a few

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #1,655 of 5,310
The C5 is coming in and I forgot I also still have the E11 even if I never was a big fan of that last one. I don't think it needs the E12 power. Wonder what Phil suggests for on the go.

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #1,656 of 5,310
What is the difference between full, medium and micro-shells? I'd prefer CIEM that are easy to sleep with and fit inside a motorcycle helmet, but I don't know if the size of the shell is related to the length of the ear canal or the size of the faceplate? A comparative illustration or photo series with full, medium and micros all in place would help LOTS. The pictures of CIEM without an ear are very difficult to comprehend and compare.

If someone could post a reply with a pic of their CIEM stating are they full/medium it'd help lots.
Anyone with a pic of the clear canal option? As I understood the ear canal is transparent and clear but the shell part housing the armatures and sockets is still coloured and faceplates remain as ordered?

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #1,657 of 5,310
Quote:
What is the difference between full, medium and micro-shells? I'd prefer CIEM that are easy to sleep with and fit inside a motorcycle helmet, but I don't know if the size of the shell is related to the length of the ear canal or the size of the faceplate? A comparative illustration or photo series with full, medium and micros all in place would help LOTS. The pictures of CIEM without an ear are very difficult to comprehend and compare.

If someone could post a reply with a pic of their CIEM stating are they full/medium it'd help lots.
Anyone with a pic of the clear canal option? As I understood the ear canal is transparent and clear but the shell part housing the armatures and sockets is still coloured and faceplates remain as ordered?

SwimSonny did just that:

Mar 18, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #1,663 of 5,310
Did Phil discontinue the micro shell size? I don't see it listed anywhere anymore. 

Going through a revision to use the detachable or recessed cable, forgot which. Waiting for them too

Thanks for the link UltraInferno! I wonder is it difficult to sleep with full shells..

Mar 18, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #1,664 of 5,310
The micro shell will be back and with detachable cables, which is just amazing news! As for sleeping i think the straight down cable of the micro shell and the smaller form factor makes it perfect for sleeping, better than my full and medium shells!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back