Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Mar 18, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #1,667 of 5,310
They are working on the "cloud" shell colour, which is apparently supposed to look like, well, white clouds. They're also working on something top secret with their clear cables, probably something to prevent it from turning yellow/green? Exciting...
smile.gif

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #1,669 of 5,310
Sometimes I feel bad for Phil - we are all asking him so many questions and yet none of us are actually buying anything.... yet. But the delay is not really due to him but rather his cable maker and other external issues so I guess we are not taking his time away from anything else. Once orders open up, it might be a different story. I'm sure he'll still provide great service but he will have to manage his time between building and emailing. 

As for sleeping - I usually can't sleep in customs, period. It irritates my ears. But the Cosmic Micro shell actually works for me. The only way it could possibly be any more comfy would be to have a silicone shell. I've actually got a CIEM like that (Earproof Atom) but it has a top exit cable which doesn't work well at all for sleeping. 

Mar 18, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #1,670 of 5,310
Phil proposed to send me my shells "Pre Fit Service" wise as he isn't 100% convinced about my impressions.
I'd rather do it now before assembly so of course I agreed. It has been great communicating with CE since the beginning, can't complain about anything at all.

Mar 18, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #1,671 of 5,310
Quote:
Has anyone ever came across a more helpful/nicer guy than Phil from Cosmic Ears? I'm not going to go into too much details but for me, the guy's been absolutely fanbloodytastic!

I'm refraining from any more gushing praise in case people start to think I'm a plant or something :)

More news, phil is now going to do me a set of empty ma shells (I've already said that I'm not bothered about detatchable cables) and get them in the post.  I've decided that I'm going with a set of ma2's (as we know they fit) and ba4 (full size) when they become available and think that will complement each other nicely.

It's been a very long road but with phil's help, mind blowing patience and even more mind blowing help (not blowing my own trumpet, but it was my situation that indirectly lead to the pre fit service being implemented now!) we got there in the end.

If anyone ever has ANY concerns when ordering just get in touch with them, they'll soon put you on the right path!

Cheers.

Mar 18, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #1,672 of 5,310
Quote:
What is the difference between full, medium and micro-shells? I'd prefer CIEM that are easy to sleep with and fit inside a motorcycle helmet, but I don't know if the size of the shell is related to the length of the ear canal or the size of the faceplate? A comparative illustration or photo series with full, medium and micros all in place would help LOTS. The pictures of CIEM without an ear are very difficult to comprehend and compare.

If someone could post a reply with a pic of their CIEM stating are they full/medium it'd help lots.
Anyone with a pic of the clear canal option? As I understood the ear canal is transparent and clear but the shell part housing the armatures and sockets is still coloured and faceplates remain as ordered?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=409842172403648&set=a.403761096345089.93950.193447217376479&type=1&theater

Also that pic of the prefit service is mine.  There you have a set of micro (they are TINY) and normal shells.

Cheers

Mar 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #1,673 of 5,310
For those who have done this before, does the left ear impression look deep enough? It was extremely painful when the audiologist was poking the spongy thing in, so it couldn't go in any further. I emailed the pics to Phil but haven't heard back yet.

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #1,674 of 5,310
Did you have your ears checked for wax before having the impressions taken?  If not I wouldn't worry until you hear back from Phil.  He may suggest the prefit service to you if neither of you are sure about it.

Cheers

Mar 18, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #1,675 of 5,310
Does anyone know how much the MA1 & 2 where or there whatever they were called before?  I've sent my impressions off today, and if they're good , will go for the HY5 or if I can't wait the BA4, but the micro shells really appeal too!

Mar 18, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #1,676 of 5,310
Yep no wax. And Phil says they're fine, more than deep enough. He also mentioned that he has a special request to make a BA2XB (twin armature with extra bass)! WAS IT SOMEONE HERE ON HEAD-FI!? I mean, damn, if it has the bass impact of the extra bass dynamic with the speed and accuracy of an armature, it's going to be pretty sick!

Mar 19, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #1,678 of 5,310
I was wondering if they can make along with the ciem a shell filled with sound isolating material for protection purposes only. That would be nice

Mar 19, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #1,679 of 5,310
Quote:
Yep no wax. And Phil says they're fine, more than deep enough. He also mentioned that he has a special request to make a BA2XB (twin armature with extra bass)! WAS IT SOMEONE HERE ON HEAD-FI!? I mean, damn, if it has the bass impact of the extra bass dynamic with the speed and accuracy of an armature, it's going to be pretty sick!

That sounds interesting.If it was one of you guys, would be great if you spoke up! I love it when Phils takes on a new project thats a bit different IE a XB version etc!
Quote:
How are these compared to 1k IEM universals?

Quite a broad question. Anything more specific you want compared. Which Cosmic model compared to which universal ETC. I will see if i can help!
Quote:
I was wondering if they can make along with the ciem a shell filled with sound isolating material for protection purposes only. That would be nice

Phils your man for that question!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back