Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Mar 12, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #1,621 of 5,310
Well personally i think that a clear canal is a good choice.
At least for cleaning purposes

Mar 12, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #1,622 of 5,310
I just bought an Otterbox 1000 in advance
rolleyes.gif

Edit: Site is back out :O

Mar 12, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #1,627 of 5,310
Kinda disappointed that they won't offer the DIY impression kit anymore. It's kind of making me rethink it cause it's hard for me to get an impression done by an audiologist since most here would only do it if you order from them through Westone or some other big company and the last one I went to sucks and they just raised it to $160 for both ears! Hopefully they put the DIY kit back. :frowning2:

Mar 12, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #1,628 of 5,310
Quote:
Kinda disappointed that they won't offer the DIY impression kit anymore. It's kind of making me rethink it cause it's hard for me to get an impression done by an audiologist since most here would only do it if you order from them through Westone or some other big company and the last one I went to sucks and they just raised it to $160 for both ears! Hopefully they put the DIY kit back. :frowning2:

I had impressions taken 3 times already, I didn't have to pay any of those even when not ordering trough them.

Mar 12, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #1,630 of 5,310
Update on the site to say that the pure will return around the summer time (no exact date yet), renamed as DD1. The reason for the delay is they are designing it and the ma range to have removeable cables.

Cheers

Mar 12, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #1,631 of 5,310
Quote:
Update on the site to say that the pure will return around the summer time (no exact date yet), renamed as DD1. The reason for the delay is they are designing it and the ma range to have removeable cables.

Cheers

perfect timing..

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #1,632 of 5,310
Quote:
Plenty of other sources for DIY kits. Google it.

I've looked around, but I remember reading something about how some of these DIY kits might use materials not safe for ears. If you have any that you've used in the past and can recommend, would you mind sending me a PM? Thank you.

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #1,633 of 5,310
Quote:
I've looked around, but I remember reading something about how some of these DIY kits might use materials not safe for ears. If you have any that you've used in the past and can recommend, would you mind sending me a PM? Thank you.

http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/professional-supplies/impression-materials/silicone-singles-1756.html   10 packs come in that single package...  each pack can do a pair of large molds
 also these to protect yoor inner ear,,,  http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/cotton-ear-dams-size-4-mini-1838.html

Mar 13, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #1,635 of 5,310
http://www.cosmicears.com/pre-fit-service/

Phil is offering this to me, as my impressions were not perfect. It is a brilliant service so you can get a perfect fit before investing fully. I think more companies should offer this, as it is a lot easier than a full reshell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back