Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Jan 2, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #1,307 of 5,310
Quote:
BA6 sounds interesting, might be tempted to get this one and see how it fairs against my ES5 and JH13
gs1000.gif

oh cool a fellow singaporean! hahaha i'm more inclined to get the HY5 though, it seems to be a different flavour from my jh16s. may i ask where u did your ear impressions?

Quote:
The million dollar question here is when will these new models be really available to anyone who wants to buy them...

they're supposed to be released in march

Jan 2, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #1,308 of 5,310
hmm very interesting! Cant wait to see some proper reviews, the BA4 and HY3/5 are the ones im considering, but I can only find reviews of the HY3XB which had a terrible review :frowning2: Will the Ba4 or even ba3 be able to produce enough bass compared to like a westone 4?

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #1,309 of 5,310
Quote:
oh cool a fellow singaporean! hahaha i'm more inclined to get the HY5 though, it seems to be a different flavour from my jh16s. may i ask where u did your ear impressions?

they're supposed to be released in march

I did it at jaben for my jh 16 which i changed to a jh 13 and as for the ES5 i did it at ACE hearing, the audiologist there is very skilled, the impressions were perfect.

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #1,310 of 5,310
Quote:
hmm very interesting! Cant wait to see some proper reviews, the BA4 and HY3/5 are the ones im considering, but I can only find reviews of the HY3XB which had a terrible review :frowning2: Will the Ba4 or even ba3 be able to produce enough bass compared to like a westone 4?

Look on this thread, many glowing positive reviews of the HY3. Just search with in the thread, there is a tool to do this!

Also my review of the HY3XB was not a terrible review just it did not suit my preferences as it was a full on bass monster, some poeple would well and truley love it for that but it is not for everyone at all!

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #1,311 of 5,310
YES! they are making a cable with controls. I'm so flustered, the BA6 sounds very interesting yet the description for the BA4 sounds like exactly what I'm looking for and it's likely the BA4 will release first and since I need a new pair of CIEM asap... Too many options!

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #1,312 of 5,310
Some nice updates and changes there.

At last non memory over ears, I HATE memory wire.

Other points of interest is that there are now 3 standard choice of colour with red and blue along with cosmic ears purple. I also wonder if the hy2 is vented now as there is a slight drop in isolation according to the graph.

Also worth noting that the hy5 is still at testing stages.

Cheers

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #1,313 of 5,310
Look on this thread, many glowing positive reviews of the HY3. Just search with in the thread, there is a tool to do this!

Also my review of the HY3XB was not a terrible review just it did not suit my preferences as it was a full on bass monster, some poeple would well and truley love it for that but it is not for everyone at all!

I have actually literally spent all day today reading every post in this thread :) I was looking for individual reviews like that you posted of the ha3xb. By terrible I meant it sounds very much like a one trick pony, and my expectations when spending over £200 on headphones is that they can cope well with all genres. I suppose that is the point of them though (the xb version) :) I'm hoping the ba-4 can provide the depth of the ha3 but with more control. My music taste is very varied, and I find my tf10s don't drop low enough nor have the nice mids that I crave, and are also a touch harsh/sibilant at the top end. My ideal sound signature would be along the lines of the dt770s,hard hitting but controlled bass with sparkling treble and smooth slightly warm mids.

Jan 2, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #1,314 of 5,310
From what i have read the HY3 with the reduced bass driver would be right up your street, a few others will tell you more. You could wait for the HY5, from my chat with Phil it seems like it could be a tank and the same applies for the BA4. However i know some will always wants that bass that some say only dynamics deliver in which HY3 would be great for you!

Jan 2, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #1,315 of 5,310
Quote:

Other points of interest is that there are now 3 standard choice of colour with red and blue along with cosmic ears purple. I also wonder if the hy2 is vented now as there is a slight drop in isolation according to the graph.

Also worth noting that the hy5 is still at testing stages.

Cheers

If you look it is HY2 shell size

Full/Medium

HY2 Isolation

-26/-24 so it is saying the medium isolates less :wink:

Jan 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #1,316 of 5,310
A question for owners of Cosmic Ear customs:  Do UE cables fit the sockets?  I really like the cables provided, but they are too short for my liking.  I was going to pick up some UE cables at 64 inches to better fit me, but I thought I should check before I buy.

I have third party and indeed original UE cables, and all fit my CE HY3, so can't see that you should have any problems. I have one cable that is a slightly loose fit and that was solved by splaying the pins very slightly. This is with the flush sockets on the HY3, I have no idea what the fit is like with other cables if you have the recessed sockets.

Jan 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #1,317 of 5,310
Quote:
I have third party and indeed original UE cables, and all fit my CE HY3, so can't see that you should have any problems. I have one cable that is a slightly loose fit and that was solved by splaying the pins very slightly. This is with the flush sockets on the HY3, I have no idea what the fit is like with other cables if you have the recessed sockets.

Thanks.  I have flush sockets so I'll give them a go.  I only like about 10 minutes from UE's headquarters, so hopefully I can just buy them there.

Quote:

It's 350 pounds, not euros. It's around 580 USD.

DOH!  I blame that on being up entirely too late.

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #1,318 of 5,310
I have to say, I wish they could have kept the entry-level lineup a little longer. $100 CIEMs had the potential to really shakeup the industry. I kept debating whether to get a Pure just so my backup phones would be custom too. But then I mostly want the HY3 like so many people did...right up until the 2013 product announcement. At least I'm still faithful to her; I don't know what I'd do with all the drivers in an HY5.

Jan 2, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #1,319 of 5,310
Quote:
Definitely looking forward to the HY5...

Quote:
Pencil me down for the HY5 indeed, hybrids are my FOTM at the moment

Quote:
 i'm more inclined to get the HY5...

...they're supposed to be released in march

Quote:

Quote:
From what i have read the HY3 with the reduced bass driver would be right up your street...

...+1 to all the above!

Having heard my HY3s, and currently loving my Dynamic driver pures, I'm definitely going for the HY5s.

March you say davtse?, I think I can hang on 'till then...

All the new options that Phil is offering seem great to me, nobody else comes close for the money (range of options/cables that is, I haven't heard any but the HY3 and Pure dynamic that I own, but I certainly vouch for their sound!).

My fingers are crossed for a pic of the 'Cloud' finish mentioned in the newsletter, sounds intriguing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back