Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Jan 3, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #1,336 of 5,310
?.

Just double checked and that was definetly in response to a question about the 6.

Cheers

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #1,337 of 5,310
Quote:
Your wish is granted, taken from facebook :-

"It might not have the depth of the HY3 but it will be quicker."

Cheers

Thanks david, I read it on facebook just now. So if I understand correctly, BA4 sounds right for me as it seems like it'll pack a punch but not as much punch as the HY3 (as expected since the hy3 is a dynamic for lows). So now I'm assuming they have accuracy, but how about clarity? Hm.

Quote:
?.
Just double checked and that was definetly in response to a question about the 6.
Cheers

But the post before Phil's was about the BA4 though.

Jan 3, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #1,339 of 5,310
Quote:
Ah didn't see that bit!

Never the less, thanks for relaying the information since I don't check on the page often unless they show up on my news feed. :)

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #1,340 of 5,310
Getting my ear impressions done this morning! Was going to go for the Pures, but with the new models coming soon I think I'm going to hold on and wait for the HY2. I have a pair of standard in-ear BA's, and like the sound, but they definitely lack the punch of dynamics, so hoping that the hybrid for me will be the best of both worlds.

Jan 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #1,341 of 5,310
Great :)

I'm getting my impressions done tomorrow, my sister is an audiologist so should be nice and easy :)

I'll probably get the HY-3 in reality, my budget has just dropped drastically (was happy to spend £300, maybe 350 if i was getting 2 pairs ie a ba4 and single dynamic) as a refund i was MEANT to be getting from Logitech for my faulty TF10s has just been retracted, despite them having agreed to it and sent me all the return forms etc :xf_mad: That;s halved my realistic budget :frowning2:

Jan 4, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #1,342 of 5,310
HY5 looks very interesting, wonder when pricing will be out.

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #1,344 of 5,310
In this video i reviewed my twin BA micros! Now the BA2 i think but in micro shell!

Jan 4, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #1,345 of 5,310
Hmm they sound great Swimsonny.....I'd really love you to have a set of normal HY-3s to listen to, perhaps to compare with a BA3 or BA4! I'm still slightly on the fence about ba3/4 or HY-3, having never really experienced dynamics before and i can't stand boomy/slow bass.

Have you heard DT770s swimsonny?

Thanks,

Tom.

Jan 4, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #1,346 of 5,310
also, what do you think of the cosmic ears you have listened to so far vs say the UE900? if i can get the ue900 for a little less than a BA3 or HY3 (logitech are now offering me a 50% off the UE900 instead of a refund on my tf10)

Jan 4, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #1,347 of 5,310
The only two Beyerdynamic I have heard to this day are T1 and DT1350 and only briefly. Sorry.

The UE900 I am not a huge fan of, prefer the 4.Ai a lot more for the same price. That being said, at half price, it does sound good. This is subjective of course other opinions differ.

Now what I have heard so far are a lot cheaper than the ue900. The single and twin BA although great value, don't live up to the UE900 although the twin is getting there, and does have positives over. The HY3XB I have does not compare apart from in bass a quantity an sub bass texture in which it destroys!

Now for me to compare to the BA3/4 or any other models as guess work would be wrong. I am loving the BA models from Cosmic and they certainly know what they are doing but I am not going to try and make a guess. I will keep you posted on my journey through cosmic none the less and help you out as much as possible.

Jan 4, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #1,348 of 5,310
Quote:
The only two Beyerdynamic I have heard to this day are T1 and DT1350 and only briefly. Sorry.
The UE900 I am not a huge fan of, prefer the 4.Ai a lot more for the same price. That being said, at half price, it does sound good. This is subjective of course other opinions differ.
Now what I have heard so far are a lot cheaper than the ue900. The single and twin BA although great value, don't live up to the UE900 although the twin is getting there, and does have positives over. The HY3XB I have does not compare apart from in bass a quantity an sub bass texture in which it destroys!
Now for me to compare to the BA3/4 or any other models as guess work would be wrong. I am loving the BA models from Cosmic and they certainly know what they are doing but I am not going to try and make a guess. I will keep you posted on my journey through cosmic none the less and help you out as much as possible.

Thanks for the reply :) 

I most definitely didn't mean compare them without hearing them, i meant it's a shame you don't have them all already :D :D

I'm guessing the comfort of the ue900s is not a patch on the CE? I've come to the conclusion that the UE900 is very light on bass from reading around, even more so than the TF10? Would that be right in your experience?

Customs do add a lot of "value" to me after the troubles i had with fit on my TF10, I've always wanted but never been able to afford customs, but don't necessarily want to get them if a universal for the same price point will be miles better (and the ue900 @ £165 seems potentially very competitive?) Would love to see a good comparison between the Ba-4 and them, given the similar configuration/.

I apologise that most of my posts are just me debating with myself in text form :D headphones, especially IEMs are so hard to buy as they're very difficult/practically impossible to demo :frowning2:

Jan 4, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #1,349 of 5,310
UE900 comfort is actually not terrible, there's a bit of irritation but nothing like the Tf10, that being said CE is better. CE also stay in your ear a lot better, isolate a lot better, physically they are better i would say and then again, UE900 are a more glamorous package, two cables etc.

They are not bass light, they lose bass over time becUse a port getting filled up, go to ie900 thread for more, but all in all they just lack a bit of real deep sub.

But yes CIEM hold a lot of value to the individual but no resale that being said, I really don't think you can go wrong with what CE offer. I think if your really worrying about comfort and fit then a CIEM is likely your best choice And Cosmic are offering the best value. Then it's down to what Model you go for :wink:

Don't worry about the structure of your posts and if you don't take 50% off of ue900 what dya get?

Jan 5, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #1,350 of 5,310
In your position rG-tom, I'd be very tempted to buy the UE900s at the discount, then sell them immediately 'as new' to fund some customs.
I plan to get my TF10s reshelled, but I'm waiting for the Cosmic HY5 as my 'flagship' for home use.
I guess you could also consider getting the UE900 reshelled if it turns out you like the sound sig'?, but if you didn't like them it would mean selling them 'slightly used' which might affect the value somewhat.

By the time you've paid the 50pc of the UE 900, and the reshell cost, it's probably better to cut to the chase and just get customs.
The HY3s I had were very good, I preferred them to my TF10s, especially when it comes to comfort!, I'd definitely recommend Cosmic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back