Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Jan 3, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #1,321 of 5,310
I have also just realised that we lost the single dynamic pure. I would not have minded seeing that stick as it offered a CIEM so god damn cheap but I am sure Phil knows what he is doing!

Jan 3, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #1,323 of 5,310
I'm tempted to pull the trigger on some single dynamic drivers for sports use (I play basketball and want something to warm up with)...what do you reckon? For £65 I think it might tide me over until I can get the BA4 or HY3/5 (my TF10s have died)...is the single dynamic probably the best for this kind of use rather than the single BA? I suppose in this environment, fun and punch is more important than accuracy, and I'll only be listening to upbeat hip hop dubstep etc in this usage too.

Tom.

EDIT Hmm...not sure if bottom exit is going to be the right choice for this security wise, over ear with memory is probably better but that's out of stock :frowning2:

Jan 3, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #1,324 of 5,310
David, is that not how you speak dynamic ?! :p heheh

And rG-Tom, a CIEMs isolation would be great for getting in the zone before a game and the dynamics sound would probably be good for them genres from what I have read. That being said it will not be in the new line up but I think he will still be able to make one as he will use the dynamic driver in the HY models. I also think there will be a type of flex model as I think he will still do micro CIEMs etc, well I hope any way. But yes would be I good idea.

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #1,326 of 5,310
thanks again for your help swimsonny :)

The pure dynamic is still "buyable" on their website, so I was just going to order it but noticed its cable down not over the ear, which probably won't work for basketball :frowning2: I presume that the over the ear cable is the reason why they can't supply any of the others too.

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #1,327 of 5,310
Quote:
Anyone know what kind of sound sig the BA6 might have? 2x lows, 1 low mid, 1 high mid and 2 highs right? Might be mid centric?

slight correction there. i have a feeling that it wont be mid centric, maybe more neutral? but it all depends on how the crossover is implemented and the drivers used, this could result in clearer mids which arent pushed too far forward.

btw about your PM, yup, i am. :p

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #1,328 of 5,310
Quote:

slight correction there. i have a feeling that it wont be mid centric, maybe more neutral? but it all depends on how the crossover is implemented and the drivers used, this could result in clearer mids which arent pushed too far forward.

btw about your PM, yup, i am. :p

Hm, I'm not sure about the BA6 being neutral because apparently the BA4 is neutral if I remember correctly. The BA6 configuration is definitely interesting, I hope we can get a description of the sound signature soon.

Jan 3, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #1,330 of 5,310
Has anyone here heard the JH5 Pro compared to say the HY3? They have an offer on at the moment that makes them £250 inc shipping, obviously there are a few other costs ontop too but it makes them attractive for sure.....

Jan 3, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #1,334 of 5,310
Quote:
 The BA6 configuration is definitely interesting, I hope we can get a description of the sound signature soon.

Your wish is granted, taken from facebook :-

"It might not have the depth of the HY3 but it will be quicker."

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back