Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Oct 19, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #616 of 5,310
I just took out my Sennheiser IE8 (Only dynamic IEMs I own) for a listening after a long time and I noticed that I really liked the lows from them but it lacks in almost every other department aside from good lows and that really kills it for me. If the HY3 can have good lows like IE8 but also give me everything else the IE8 can't, I'd be set! But of course I want to see what new CIEM cosmic ears has coming up, hybrid with more driver count I wouldn't mind. Looking forward to your HY3 reviews so I can know if they are what I have been searching for.

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #617 of 5,310
Hey just wanted to provide some feedback on my experience with Cosmic. The order did take some time but their customer service is top notch, and you get the feeling that they take pride in their business which I think is cool, and rare in today’s market. Also consider this is a small business operating out of Sweden which is one of the most expensive places in the world to live so the prices are really fair. I would much rather throw my business to a small shop than the bigs that use outsourcing and treat their people poorly so that’s another positive.  

I’m not an audiophile nerd per say but I know what I like. The dynamic driver is fun, relaxed, laid back sound. Not a lot of separation but a relatively fat sound stage. Nice solid bass, and fun sounding.

The twin from my view is far more analytical, so has very crisp highs and good mids. I think they are relatively light on bass though.  You do have the feeling that you have something high end in your ears though when you hear vocals coming through. I think the ultimate combo has to be the hybrid getting this sweat spot of these highs and mids of the twin along with the punch bass and stage of the Hybrid would be very nice.  

Fit for me was ok. I think my impressions went too deep because my left earphone is almost painful if I push it in as far as it goes but if I just sit it in my ear its good to go. The medium set feels more comfy than that large for some reason and have no issues there.

Cables and build quality look good. I think if I did it again I would order a hybrid, in medium with recessed sockets.  All in all it’s a good buy, and a good product.

Oct 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #619 of 5,310
Hi

The link below is provided by Cosmic Ears PURELY AS A GUIDE AT THE MOMENT, whilst they sort out the various supply issues.  You can use it to spec out the differing options on the flex model.  Asked Phil and he said it was ok to post it so here it is:-

http://cosmicears.com/flex-option-prices/

Like I said it's mainly as a guide so don't expect to be able to order anything that's out of stock until the sites updated to that effect.  Just thought it would be useful if you wanted to get an idea of prices.

Cheers

Oct 19, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #620 of 5,310
Thanks for the link!

240 British pounds sterling = 295.2600 euros

Guess my memory isn't working too badly :wink:

What's the price for those flat microphone cables on the smoke black CIEM a page or two ago? Wouldn't mind a mic in my cable but the white Apple cable is pretty flimsy.

Funny how this thread's going from "hey, customs for $100!" to "how can I spec this out like a Maybach?"

Oct 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #621 of 5,310
Quote:
Funny how this thread's going from "hey, customs for $100!" to "how can I spec this out like a Maybach?"

Haha, well said. I guess it´s a normal temptation when you´re a bit of a gadget freak and you see all those alluring options!
I still can´t quite make my mind up, if I should go double BA, double hybrid or HY3. I´ll wait until this out of stock issue sorts itself out and then have another think :)

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #622 of 5,310
Quote:

Not for me it isn't.
HY3 looked like best bang for your buck, from the time I started looking at the options, and indeed that's what I ended up ordering.

That said, even for people taking custom options, they still look like a bargain compared to anywhere else you can order customs. I certainly can't think of anywhere else you can get customs of this sort of spec for this money, can anyone else ?

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #624 of 5,310
Did anyone make their own impressions?

What was it like, and did the iem's turn out alright?

I can get an audiologist but id rather do it myself as my last pair wasn't 100%

Oct 19, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #625 of 5,310
Decided to go ahead and make the jump, ordered my first pair (Pure Plus) and currently awaiting my mould kit! Anyone got any do or dont's for me? And I was talking to Phil, about how I require extra sound so he is going to put a specific dual driver in for me and make the in ear bit itself bigger aswell for better isolation! :D anyone know anything about the dual driver? Thanks

Oct 19, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #626 of 5,310
Did anyone make their own impressions?

What was it like, and did the iem's turn out alright?

I can get an audiologist but id rather do it myself as my last pair wasn't 100%

My DIY impressions were better than my audiologist ones, I made a video on it, check my YouTube channel swimsonny or on the cosmic Facebook page!

Oct 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #627 of 5,310
So it's decided I'm getting my first pair of custom made earphones and it'll be from Cosmic Ears. I'll start with the Pure Plus, I think, but now they are announcing a new edition in less than a month. Does anyone have information on it?
For the impressions after reading and checking a Youtube video, I decided to have a professional audiologist take care of it, and I'm glad I did. For less than 35$ I got great service, I showed her pictures of the earphones, gave her the guidelines from Cosmic ears, and she even remolded one ear since the impression had a slight defect in it. I could never have done as well with so little fuss, plus all packaged to send to Sweden For those in Montéral, Sophie Gagnon audioprothésiste 514-254-4113.

Oct 19, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #628 of 5,310
So it's decided I'm getting my first pair of custom made earphones and it'll be from Cosmic Ears. I'll start with the Pure Plus, I think, but now they are announcing a new edition in less than a month. Does anyone have information on it?
For the impressions after reading and checking a Youtube video, I decided to have a professional audiologist take care of it, and I'm glad I did. For less than 35$ I got great service, I showed her pictures of the earphones, gave her the guidelines from Cosmic ears, and she even remolded one ear since the impression had a slight defect in it. I could never have done as well with so little fuss, plus all packaged to send to Sweden For those in Montéral, Sophie Gagnon audioprothésiste 514-254-4113.

Congrats! We know they're announcing a new model in November, but no one (who's telling at least) knows what it is. General speculation is that it might be a 4 BA model though.

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #629 of 5,310
Quote:
My DIY impressions were better than my audiologist ones, I made a video on it, check my YouTube channel swimsonny or on the cosmic Facebook page!

Thanks for that, about to start watching it, i had a feeling that i should have my jaw wide open for impressions, and it was confirmed when i got them.

The seal wasn't 100%, mind he was good and did use a bite block.

Nice grey btw. I have two of them, so know how destructive they can be towards any tech. Still love them to bits mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back