Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Oct 17, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #586 of 5,310
Well I wont be getting my CIEM's anymore because the box my ear impressions were in got torn all to hell during shipping (it looked like the played a soccer game with it or something) and they fell out so Phil's going to refund my money.  It was a small box and the audiologist said that's how she sipped them so I tapped it up and I thought I did a decent job of but obviously I didn't.  Its all good because I can actually use the extra cash right now and plus I want to know what they have coming in November which I'm guessing a quad BA setup.  To show just how good their customer service is when I do reorder a pair they're going to send me an impressions kit for free and I'm going to wrap though's babies up like there's a crystal glass inside.

Oct 17, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #587 of 5,310
Hey Techno Kid. Your problem is common. As I traveled from Europe to USA Alaska and back I always had seat near the window and while plane was loaded with cargo I've been watching postal packages handling and shipping procedure. No one from airport employees cared about what's inside those packages. They just throw them like rubber balls around. So packing your items securely is essential to make sure it won't brake during shipping. 

With my impressions made for Cosmic Ears I've had to come up with a robust box. Had one left from CPU cooler made from think cardboard and compact in size. I've put inside this box 3 (three) layers of foam 1cm thickness each! And the opening was just back to back enough for impressions. BTW I sent them via airmail and Phil received them in genuine condition.

So make sure you use think cardboard box and many layers of foam inside to prevent impressions from movements. Also you can gently wrap up impressions with extra soft material or multilayer paper napkins. Just use your imagination.

Oct 17, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #588 of 5,310
Yeah next time I'm going to pack them up really good in a strong box and taped the whole thing.

Oct 17, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #589 of 5,310
I've never received a package that looked as bad as that little box did, I have to thank the audiologist who said thats how she ships them and my own carelessness for this cluster bleep.

Oct 17, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #590 of 5,310
Quote:
Did you contact them ? They are readily contactable through Skype and responded to me several times yesterday through Skype text, with queries I had.

I also got an email from them today saying they had been having some issues with their system that tells people the status of their orders. They think they have that sorted out now.

Yes, I did. Phil replied very quick before, and I appreciated that. However, fast response does not represent good custom service. Yesterday evening he promised me that the first thing he is going to do this morning is to check with his team and give me a full explanation. Now, it is 7:00 PM over there. Disappointed again. Nothing comes back so far. Do they care? I seriously doubt.

I checked the status on their website every few days and also contacted them by email several times. No positive/useful answer was given at all. Only thing I got from reply is waiting.

I think that they never put my order in the line. They advertise approximately 2 weeks to built an IEM for a customer. In my case, it takes more than 4 weeks trying to create shells and the actual product status is highly questionable. At the moment, others had their monitors done. Definitely their business does not follow first-come-first-serve policy. Also, when refund was issued, they did not say a word such as reason or explanation. It felt like that they just wanted me take-&-leave and then closed case.

At least (luckily), he refunded me the money although I wasted time and some cost for impressions on this.

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #591 of 5,310
Wow, reminds me of someone else on here whose impressions got wrecked in the mail.  Think I'll double box mine just to be on the safe side.  Bit more than a week then I can start using iems again (not using them so my ears don't get irritated before my appointment next friday).  Atm I'm slumming it with a pair of sennheiser hd25-IIs.  Good but the isolation is no match obviously.

Cheers

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #592 of 5,310
So Phil sent me two pics of the sets I ordered they are being posted now. One dynamic with iphone mic, and the sport with a twin driver. If they sound half as good as they look I'll be very happy. 

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #594 of 5,310
Wow, those look great!  Especially the Apple cord and mic 
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #595 of 5,310
Reply from Cosmic Ears:

The bottom line is we dropped the ball with your and I am not denying that, the world is not perfect and mistakes happen. Your monitors were never ignored, they just got slipped back down the production line.

I think they just try to say: Accept mistakes and leave us. It's not a big deal.

In fact, I email them several times to check my order status, but they never looked into.

They learned experience from me; I wasted time (plus some money) dealing with them. They still believe this is good customer service.

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #597 of 5,310
Tracked postal service from Sweden to the UK, is normally six days door to door delivery, maybe slightly less than that for whatever Sweden's equivalent of 'First Class Airsafe' is.

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #598 of 5,310
Quote:
Tracked postal service from Sweden to the UK, is normally six days door to door delivery, maybe slightly less than that for whatever Sweden's equivalent of 'First Class Airsafe' is.

So he should get them by the beginning of next week...

Apart from Swimsonny and project86, who else is also waiting for HY3's soon?

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #600 of 5,310
Quote:
I think they just try to say: Accept mistakes and leave us. It's not a big deal.

In fact, I email them several times to check my order status, but they never looked into.

They learned experience from me; I wasted time (plus some money) dealing with them. They still believe this is good customer service.

I think you have to bare in mind that this is a small company who probably have no-one dedicated to dealing with customer inquiries/questions... I daresay they have been inundated since being put into the proverbial spotlight on Head-Fi especially with their keen pricing for 'customs'... recently in the Heir thread they were having difficulties with getting back to people as they were busy trying to get orders out, credit where credit is due, Swimsonny & Sorensiim answered a lot of customer questions that were being asked which no doubt eased the pressure a bit on Heir.

you say they learned experience from your goodself, what pray was the benefit?... that you canceled your order?.. you got really irate and wrote obnoxious emails?... we all get a little peeved when we spend money and things don't turn out how we want them to but sometimes a little bit of patience & understanding goes a long way especially when dealing with small/fledgling companies..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back