Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
May 27, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #4,816 of 5,310
  Has anyone purchased a CIEM from Cosmic Ears and had the tuning adjusted? I was interested in their CE6P, but didn't think it would be bright enough for me. They indicated that they may be able to adjust the sound to make it brighter. I've never heard of this being possible before with any other companies. I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

i don't know whether CE is doing this, but there are companies offering custom-tuned CIEMs. Look for example at Custom Art.

May 30, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #4,817 of 5,310
Well I've had an email to say mine are at the shell detailing stage, communication has been great so far.

I've also ordered my new car and I have to say I'm a lot more excited about my cosmic ears than I am about that. Is this normal or sad. :D

Jun 1, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #4,818 of 5,310
I thought I would find out how they got the colour. They achieved it by using the yellow paua shell and then the steampunk design on top, I really like the design and would never have thought of it. :grinning:

Ooops! Confession time as I got this completely wrong and it will teach me to read emails correctly.

Rudimental's (Will Heard's) orange and green set were made using a custom lime green shell and a UV (glow in the dark) orange faceplate with steampunk design. I got them mixed up with a different set.

My apologies to everyone.
redface.gif

Jun 3, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #4,819 of 5,310
This is the absolute WORST monitor company I have ever dealt with. Absolute worst. I originally emailed them in December of last year asking if they could repair my UM monitors. They replied, 'of course they could.' I sent them in, they received them in January and I'm still waiting.

It's been one thing after another with these guys. First the drivers were bad... then they weren't. It was just a wiring issue. Then it was the sound tubes. Then the sound tubes didn't fix the issues. Then, as it turned out, it WAS the drivers after all. After getting the replacement drivers to them, they tell me the replacement driver has a different filter on it. They were supposed to add an additional filter in order to negate the effects of the incorrect filter. This was supposed to be done two weeks ago... now they are ignoring my emails.

Every correspondence has been met with 2+ weeks with no reply. For example, when they first told me they would test different sound tubes, they gave me a timeline for this. It would be done "next week." Then two additional weeks passed with no update until sending them another email. And they would reply telling me they still hadn't tested the sound tubes.

This has happened several times. They tell me they're going to do something on a certain day, two weeks would go by, I'd send another email and they'd reply they would get around to it in a few days. It usually takes multiple emails over the course of a week or so before anyone replies.

They've had my monitors for FIVE MONTHS and they're ignoring my emails. A monitor repair, regardless of the circumstances, does not take 5 months. Under no circumstances is that acceptable. I get the impressions my monitors are sitting in a box collecting dust.

If you're looking for a monitor company, maybe consider someone else.

Jun 3, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #4,820 of 5,310
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, it is the absolute first case I hear of. So far they've always been extremely helpful and this thread shows just that.
I hope it gets resolved soon, one bad experience doesn't make it a bad company

Jun 3, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #4,821 of 5,310
This is the absolute WORST monitor company I have ever dealt with. Absolute worst. I originally emailed them in December of last year asking if they could repair my UM monitors. They replied, 'of course they could.' I sent them in, they received them in January and I'm still waiting.

It's been one thing after another with these guys. First the drivers were bad... then they weren't. It was just a wiring issue. Then it was the sound tubes. Then the sound tubes didn't fix the issues. Then, as it turned out, it WAS the drivers after all. After getting the replacement drivers to them, they tell me the replacement driver has a different filter on it. They were supposed to add an additional filter in order to negate the effects of the incorrect filter. This was supposed to be done two weeks ago... now they are ignoring my emails.

Every correspondence has been met with 2+ weeks with no reply. For example, when they first told me they would test different sound tubes, they gave me a timeline for this. It would be done "next week." Then two additional weeks passed with no update until sending them another email. And they would reply telling me they still hadn't tested the sound tubes.

This has happened several times. They tell me they're going to do something on a certain day, two weeks would go by, I'd send another email and they'd reply they would get around to it in a few days. It usually takes multiple emails over the course of a week or so before anyone replies.

They've had my monitors for FIVE MONTHS and they're ignoring my emails. A monitor repair, regardless of the circumstances, does not take 5 months. Under no circumstances is that acceptable. I get the impressions my monitors are sitting in a box collecting dust.

We’re extremely concerned to hear about this. The situation you have described is absolutely not usual, should not have happened and is first time we have experience something like this. You should certainly not be waiting for weeks with no reply and we are wondering how this could have possibly occurred as our emails are monitored. 
We will look into this immediately and come back to you by the end of business today.

Jun 4, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #4,823 of 5,310
Sorry to hear that your experience with Cosmic has been so different to most that I've heard/read about here (and my own).

I'll bet that Phil will find a way to put things right and make it up to you though, so don't abandon all hope yet!

Jun 5, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #4,824 of 5,310

This sounds like a terrible experience. I've had the same with UM, no replies and no monitors (they were sent back for a repair issue). It can drive you mad, but it doesn't mean the company as a whole is bad. Sounds like a case of Murphy's Law. Now I'm very happy with the Miracle...though I did order a CE6P
blink.gif
!

Jun 5, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #4,825 of 5,310

I re-shelled a pair of mine through CE and my experience was the opposite to yours - so much so that I ordered a CE6P soon after it was released! Really sorry things haven't been smooth for you but I very much doubt it is indicative of usual customer service level.

Jun 9, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #4,827 of 5,310
Has anyone got any experience with the two types of normal cable Cosmic Ears now supply, the quad braided and the triple twist?

I was just having a browse of their website and noticed them. I think I've ordered the normal twist but the quad looks quite nice. Just wondering if anyone has both or tried both and if there are any differences? I'm assuming it's the same cable just constructed differently, so was wondering if the quad braided is more combersome or tangles any less or more?

Cheers.

Jun 10, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #4,830 of 5,310
Wow. This is a terrible story giving me some second thoughts. What was the resolution?

We’re extremely concerned to hear about this. The situation you have described is absolutely not usual, should not have happened and is first time we have experience something like this. You should certainly not be waiting for weeks with no reply and we are wondering how this could have possibly occurred as our emails are monitored. 
We will look into this immediately and come back to you by the end of business today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back