Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Jun 10, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #4,831 of 5,310
Wow. This is a terrible story giving me some second thoughts. What was the resolution?

Don't be.  This is an (hopefully)isolated incident that is certainly not the norm for CE.  If you have a trawl back through the thread it is largely (and somewhat unusually) complaint free. 

If anything this goes to show the good and bad side of the internet.  Whilst glowing reviews are all well and good and welcomed, all it takes is for a couple of poor comments for doubt to creep in.

Get in touch with CE if you have any doubts about your potential order.

Good luck.

Jun 10, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #4,832 of 5,310
+1

My experiences so far with CE have been completely different to the concerns you have. They have gone the extra mile the whole way through the ordering process and have been on the ball with communicating at what stage my order is at. Mine are currently in the 'Shell Assembly' stage, which I'm not sure how close to finish that is but I can't wait for them to arrive. I'd happily recommend them to anyone.

Not sure what the resolution was but the fact the person hasn't been on here again complaining has to say something. I may be doing him a dis-service but that speaks volumes to me. :)

Jun 10, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #4,833 of 5,310
I don’t want to stir the pot, but I do think it is important for people to share their experiences so that others can make an informed decision.  I had a bad experience with another company that do reshells in the UK and I wish I had been a member of this forum before handing them over my money.  Sometimes things go wrong and it is the way the company responds to the situation which is important.

Jun 10, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #4,834 of 5,310
I don’t want to stir the pot, but I do think it is important for people to share their experiences so that others can make an informed decision.  I had a bad experience with another company that do reshells in the UK and I wish I had been a member of this forum before handing them over my money.  Sometimes things go wrong and it is the way the company responds to the situation which is important.

Unfortunately in this fan-boy internet era, it is usually a case of "you are either with me; or you are against me". And if you are against me, then there's something wrong with you.
For the record, I own the CE6P too.

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #4,835 of 5,310
Hi,
Just got the following note from Cosmic ears re their approach for BA / Dynamic Hybrids. Has anyone compared CE6B/CE5B to the unique melody Merlin for example?:

We are fully aware of other hybrids on the market, of course everyone will have different opinions on them so it is difficult for us to make a comparison. The biggest issue with creating hybrids is getting the dynamics and armatures to work together, as they are totally different technologies. Attached is a FR of a well known hybrid, you will be able to see that the phase is way off and the curve is not the best.

We did a lot of work with hybrids but we were never 100% happy with the outcome; this is why we no longer offer these models. At this stage, we personally feel that the armature technology best accommodates the CE house sound and we are constantly developing ideas around armature design.

Kind regards,

Amelia
Cosmic Ears Team

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #4,839 of 5,310
Jun 17, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #4,840 of 5,310
so i've been in enjoying my CE6Ps for about 2 mths now after a reshell from Perfect seal.
For the most part they're pretty darn incredible...and i've been trying a ton of different IEMs lately.
I think the vocals and drums reallllly stand out --- followed by the sound stage.

My only complaint, and maybe its cause i'm new to CIEMS, or cause i  am using them too much (a lot at work, as an editor)
but my ears get really fatigued...I try to not to listen too loud--- argh. I wonder, do CIEMs cause more hearing loss than IEMS? you'd think with a proper fit, you'd get better isolation, and thus, lower volumes. but, on the otherhand, I'm not 100% sure..

anyways, a bit of a ramble, but , i'm pretty happy with the purchase  & investment.

Jun 18, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #4,841 of 5,310
  so i've been in enjoying my CE6Ps for about 2 mths now after a reshell from Perfect seal.
For the most part they're pretty darn incredible...and i've been trying a ton of different IEMs lately.
I think the vocals and drums reallllly stand out --- followed by the sound stage.

My only complaint, and maybe its cause i'm new to CIEMS, or cause i  am using them too much (a lot at work, as an editor)
but my ears get really fatigued...I try to not to listen too loud--- argh. I wonder, do CIEMs cause more hearing loss than IEMS? you'd think with a proper fit, you'd get better isolation, and thus, lower volumes. but, on the otherhand, I'm not 100% sure..

anyways, a bit of a ramble, but , i'm pretty happy with the purchase  & investment.

It happens to me sometimes as well, allthough I hardly put them on for more than 1 hour. I've tried to google information about hearing damage and CIEM use, but could not find reliable information about it. Because of the isolation you can control the volume better, but I don't know what the effect is of the tubes being so close to your eardrums. Anyone?
By the way, I have to wait about a week to be able to talk CE6P
cool.gif
, my experience is with Miracle.

Jun 19, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #4,842 of 5,310
I'm about to order from Cosmic Ears. Im leaning to CE6P. But maby it's wise to wait for impressions of CE5P. It seams that CE5P isn't available right now. Is there any news about them and how the compare against CE5P in voicing?

Jun 19, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #4,843 of 5,310
I'm about to order from Cosmic Ears. Im leaning to CE6P. But maby it's wise to wait for impressions of CE5P. It seams that CE5P isn't available right now. Is there any news about them and how the compare against CE5P in voicing?

Review in July. I think I'm pretty much the only one who has the CE5P.

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #4,844 of 5,310
Review in July. I think I'm pretty much the only one who has the CE5P.

Thanks for the information. I posted my ear impressions to Cosmic Ears yesterday. I have been reading all posts to try to find out wich model to choose. I must confess that I'm a little concerned to put out that amount of money and then realise that i dont like the sound signature. Maby I better wait to order until yours and others reviews.

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #4,845 of 5,310
Both the 5 and 6 are superb though, you can't go wrong. How do you like your music? What do you look for in sound and what is your favourite music style?
I'll give you a short overview of both models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back