Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Jun 24, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #4,861 of 5,310
I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered so I don't actually know as yet, but I'd read somewhere that the balanced armatures aren't really affected by burn-in. With how they are produced and the way they work that seemed logical to me, is this not the case then?

:popcorn:

All i can say, listen to it by yourself and decide. I know i ain't expert in this particular area, but my human ears and brain feel the difference.

We can't live by people's opinion, it's our opinion and experience that's gonna stick in our head. Just my 2 cents

Jun 24, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #4,862 of 5,310
All i can say, listen to it by yourself and decide. I know i ain't expert in this particular area, but my human ears and brain feel the difference.

We can't live by people's opinion, it's our opinion and experience that's gonna stick in our head. Just my 2 cents

I agree with u. Other than sound preference the build quality is very good, nothing i can complain. I think its worth to wait a couple of months to get this set of ciem.

Jun 26, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #4,864 of 5,310
whats your favorite song to listen to on these ce6p CIEMs? Mine by far has been with any sort of certainty by streetlight manifesto on their last album-  the hand that theives ...such clarity, such good soundstage, vocals/drums...just...makes the song come alive.
what about you??

Jun 27, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #4,865 of 5,310
  whats your favorite song to listen to on these ce6p CIEMs? Mine by far has been with any sort of certainty by streetlight manifesto on their last album-  the hand that theives ...such clarity, such good soundstage, vocals/drums...just...makes the song come alive.
what about you??

I listen pop at most, and some heavy metal song. now the ce6p is still burning in, but i know it has good soundstage and good enough bass for heavy metal song. Now i change my mind that ce6b is not a must for someone who want more bass, after burn-in ce6p did its job with all balance (i think) and good enough bass for metal song. 

Jun 28, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #4,866 of 5,310
About to order CE6B. Greatful for any avice wich cable to choose.

Get the Linum cable & T2 plugs.

I have the 2 pin linum in my current Cosmic CIEM's and definitely won't be going back to conventional cables.

My next set of CIEMS will be Cosmics/Linum T2, without a doubt.

My cable has proved to be very tough, and WAY more comfortable than my old cables.

Jun 28, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #4,867 of 5,310

I have the 2 pin linum in my current Cosmic CIEM's and definitely won't be going back to conventional cables.

My cable has proved to be very tough, and WAY more comfortable than my old cables.

Thanks!

Is there something more to consider when I order from Cosmic Ears. Right now my mind is on CE6B, purple shells all around, Linum T2, and rush order even if it really hurts my wallet.

Jun 28, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #4,868 of 5,310

I can't find the T2 option in the order process anymore. I'm quite sure it was ther last week.

Jun 28, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #4,869 of 5,310
I think the T2 is still there.
Go to the 'shop' link on the Cosmic site, then scroll right down to the bottom, three items up you'll find the T2 BAX cable (£50 option, well worth it!)

I'm looking at the site on my mobile btw, shouldn't make a difference if you're looking at desktop though?

Jun 28, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #4,870 of 5,310
Go to the 'shop' link on the Cosmic site, then scroll right down to the bottom, three items up you'll find the T2 BAX cable (£50 option, well worth it!)

I'm looking at the site on my mobile btw, shouldn't make a difference if you're looking at desktop though?

Yes, it's there with the other items. But when you choose the alternativs in the order process there is no Linum T2. Only 2 pin Linum.

Jun 28, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #4,871 of 5,310
I see what you mean.
Looks like contacting Cosmic/Phil before you place your order is the safest bet.

I suppose you could place your order and note that you want the T2/Linum option if there's an option to add comments somewhere in the order process?

I'd get in touch with them first if it was me though.

Jun 28, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #4,872 of 5,310
They might have withdrawn that option though.  I enquired about a recable for my micro's and CE said they were having a few problems with that type of connection.  Your best best as ever is to get in touch with them to see what's up.

Jun 28, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #4,873 of 5,310
They might have withdrawn that option though.  I enquired about a recable for my micro's and CE said they were having a few problems with that type of connection.  Your best best as ever is to get in touch with them to see what's up.

Thanks for your information. I will probably order tonight. My ear impressions are on the way to CE already. I plan to go for Linum 2 pin. But the hardest decision is between CE6P and CE6B. I'm a little concerned that the bass vill be to much in the B version. But there is no way to now for sure. So I just have to take a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back