Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Jun 19, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #4,846 of 5,310
Both the 5 and 6 are superb though, you can't go wrong. How do you like your music? What do you look for in sound and what is your favourite music style?
I'll give you a short overview of both models.

I'm grateful for your willingness to tell me your thoughts. I'm not used to write in English. Therefore it's hard to express properly.

I understand that the only way to get it right is to try and error. But it would be good not to make a step far out of my preferences. I listen to everyting from classical to pop and rock, but not hardrock. The stil I listen most to is jazz and smooth pop.

I really like my Grado SR 325e especially when I give it some boost i the bottom and use the 3D switch on my IDSD micro. And when I use that funktion I also tame the treble a bit. I recently bought Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 over ear. And I have a hard time to like the signature when I feel that the top is missing. There is something magical with its mid tho.

My biggest concern is maby if CE house sound are to laid back. I have noticed that I like a intimate sound.

Like I said, it's hard for me to express the terms right. And My ears are not trained as much as many others her.

Jun 20, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #4,847 of 5,310
Both the 5 and 6 are superb though, you can't go wrong. How do you like your music? What do you look for in sound and what is your favourite music style?
I'll give you a short overview of both models.

Forgot to tell the most important of all. Voices...voices...and voices. I really love clear natural voices. Thats one of the problems with Momentum. And one of the big advantages with Grado 325e. The same when it comes to percussion.

Jun 20, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #4,848 of 5,310
Has anyone compared the 6p with the 6b, in terms of bleeding/separation and sub-bass?. Will probably order this weekend but am still tossing up between these two.

Jun 20, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #4,849 of 5,310
Forgot to tell the most important of all. Voices...voices...and voices. I really love clear natural voices. Thats one of the problems with Momentum. And one of the big advantages with Grado 325e. The same when it comes to percussion.

You've said a couple of contrary things in your wish list, at least to me. But I think the CE5P will suite your tastes best, the CE6P is also really good though but the 5P is the better one for vocals.

If you want smooth (you don't), you should check out the CE6B, I love it.

Jun 20, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #4,850 of 5,310
You've said a couple of contrary things in your wish list, at least to me. But I think the CE5P will suite your tastes best, the CE6P is also really good though but the 5P is the better one for vocals.

If you want smooth (you don't), you should check out the CE6B, I love it.

You are probably right. I find it very difficult to explain what I like i words. And most of my thoughts abaout sound preference comes from reading here on Head-fi.

I would be grateful if you in short could describe the differences between CE5P, CE6P and CE6B. And maby use full size headphones as reference. I Have heard quite a few even if some of theme a short time. The headphones a own or has own is:

Grado SR 80
Grado SR 325e
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 over ear
Philips Fidelio X1
Philips Fidelio M1 Mk2
AKG K545
Martin Logan Mikros 90

I'm sure that all CE products we mentioned are grate, and I probebly will enjoy wich ever I choose.

Yor words about CE6B makes me curious. Maby I'm more of a bass head then I think. But The most importent thing is that the bass don't go in to the mids.

Onse again, my words maby don't make sense, but I'm still glad you are willing to give me your thoughts. And I promise I won't make you responsible for my choice :)

Jun 23, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #4,853 of 5,310
Jun 23, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #4,855 of 5,310
Jun 23, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #4,856 of 5,310
  So how is your first impressions of it? 

I don't have any CIEM before, so it is just my option.
It has a very clean sound, very detail sound. Comparing with my IE80 (800hrs burn in) it has less bass, but i can see it has potential to go a lot deeper after burn-in. 
Compare with my 800hrs IE80, i think all other things from 0hr CE6P are better than my IE80 other than bass. 
If you are looking for more bass u may consider go for CE6B rather than P.

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #4,857 of 5,310
It has a very clean sound, very detail sound. Comparing with my IE80 (800hrs burn in) it has less bass, but i can see it has potential to go a lot deeper after burn-in. 
Compare with my 800hrs IE80, i think all other things from 0hr CE6P are better than my IE80 other than bass. 

It might get better with use. Im still waiting for my CE4 though.

Jun 24, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #4,858 of 5,310

It would get a lot better after burn in. Have my CE6P since around 2 months now, and she just gets better day by day. Especially after receiving my new 'flattish' CIEM, i really appreciate that smooth, warm mids and highs :)
Give her some time, and you'd eventually grow into her

Jun 24, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #4,859 of 5,310
It would get a lot better after burn in. Have my CE6P since around 2 months now, and she just gets better day by day. Especially after receiving my new 'flattish' CIEM, i really appreciate that smooth, warm mids and highs
smily_headphones1.gif

Give her some time, and you'd eventually grow into her

Yes, I'm now burning in my CE6P. After a few days burn in the headphone is getting warmer but still not as smooth as I expected. But remember it was just 2-3 days burn-in, but I think it is a lot better than what I expected. 

Jun 24, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #4,860 of 5,310
I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered so I don't actually know as yet, but I'd read somewhere that the balanced armatures aren't really affected by burn-in. With how they are produced and the way they work that seemed logical to me, is this not the case then?

popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back