Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
May 3, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #4,757 of 5,310
May 6, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #4,762 of 5,310
I have the ce6e but in the market for a dap to match the sound signature. I'm currently using my phone oneplus one as my main source, I like the sound but I feel it could be better with a proper dap. I didn't like the sound when I used a friends fiio x5 so that is out of my options. For now I'm looking at dx90, hidizs ap100. The fiio x5 was too light and kinda boosted the mid bass which I didn't like. Need something to enhance the sub bass and add some sparkle to the highs. Ce6e owners what are you using..? .

May 6, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #4,763 of 5,310
I have the ce6e but in the market for a dap to match the sound signature. I'm currently using my phone oneplus one as my main source, I like the sound but I feel it could be better with a proper dap. I didn't like the sound when I used a friends fiio x5 so that is out of my options. For now I'm looking at dx90, hidizs ap100. The fiio x5 was too light and kinda boosted the mid bass which I didn't like. Need something to enhance the sub bass and add some sparkle to the highs. Ce6e owners what are you using..? .

CE6P user, not E but looooooved the sound out of the DX90 ultimately I wanted to use it as a DAC with Mac and/or Win 8 which was a no go so it had to go. Otherwise it was a fantastic combo, with a lush yet clear and detailed sound.

Now using it with an iP6 looking forward to a DX90/100 upgrade with streaming capabilities or X7 or maybe just Amp/DAC combo with usb input. The iP6 sound is sparkly and detailed but lacks that weight of the DX90. If anything it is a bit too airy and clear for me.

May 6, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #4,764 of 5,310
Hello all. I'm Benedict, this is my first post in this community.

I own some nice cans, HD650s, some more mid-end HD-s from senns, Q701, DT770's pro's, and hyperX headset (one of the very few this isn't crap headset, i think it's based on beyers tech). So I wanted some nice in ears for on-the-go scenarios, and went on to get cosmic ciems!

Made an account specifically because I wanted to share with you all how nice the folks at cosmic ears are!

I run into them while searching which ciem's to buy in europe, as we have a bit of an silly market here (for example in croatia here, a single driver ba ciem costs 450-500 euros, triple drivers cost more that 1k euros (close to 1.5k)! You'd have to be dumb to buy that).
I think I was considering them (cosmic), buying from the states over the pond, and some german guys that do the sillicon types. Ended up concluding that acrylic shells will likely be more confy regarding sweat, insertion and heat, and I don't really sleep with in ears so I don't wanna go sillicon. I asked them if it'd be possible for me to pay extra to get some custom logo on the shells, perhaps. Boy what a response. I got it for free, even though I gather they couldn't do the thing at the time. I actually think they upgraded their tools to get it done! Insane! They had some materials shortages, and apologized about it. Not that I care about that sort of thing, but it shows that they really care about the customer. You can get the optional status updates, which they do properly and on time. And also, really epic customer support. Such nice people. Funny too. And, I believe, in europe, their prices are the best of the best. They double checked EVERYTHING to get the phones to my liking, even though they really didn't have to go that extra mile of effort. They even printed the test logo on the acrylic, took a pic of it and sent it to me to check if it's ok! I have no words. I know I sound like a paid commercial at this point, but I'm just so happy with the guys. They deserve some positive feedback, at the very least.

10/10 would buy again, great experience

Will post pics of the phones when they arrive, I'm sure they'll be awesome!

Btw, the logo on them will be the sith empire from the star wars TOR :D

May 6, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #4,765 of 5,310
CE6P user, not E but looooooved the sound out of the DX90 ultimately I wanted to use it as a DAC with Mac and/or Win 8 which was a no go so it had to go. Otherwise it was a fantastic combo, with a lush yet clear and detailed sound.

Now using it with an iP6 looking forward to a DX90/100 upgrade with streaming capabilities or X7 or maybe just Amp/DAC combo with usb input. The iP6 sound is sparkly and detailed but lacks that weight of the DX90. If anything it is a bit too airy and clear for me.
thanks for that, I'm just going to save and buy a dx90. I prefer android phones so the iPhone is out lol... Cheers

May 7, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #4,766 of 5,310
Hello all. I'm Benedict, this is my first post in this community.

Hi Benedict,
Welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry about your wallet (you may already have spotted this traditional greeting here :)

I too worry about sounding like a shill for Phil/Cosmic as my experience of them has been very similar to yours.
It's great to have an experience like this when your 'hard earned' is at stake.

My own Cosmic reshells have been going strong, and sounding great for ...can't remember...couple of years now?, and I still love them.
I don't know what cables you chose, but if you went for the standard ones I suggest that once your wallet has found it's feet again, you should consider the Linum cable that Cosmic can supply, I've found mine to be superb, and there's no way I'll be going back to standard cables or even considering other more expensive ones.

I'm really hoping that Phil can make it to Canjam London, I've asked him to take some demo models as I'd love to hear them, especially the 6 driver models.

That's quite a collection of can's you've gathered, the HD650 is especially interesting to me, but I've yet to get a chance to hear them!, I'm hoping to remedy that at the London show so I can hear what you and so many other Head-Fi members have been championing for so long!

Lang may yer lum reek (traditional Scottish salute)

May 7, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #4,768 of 5,310
Hehehe thx Q Mass for the lovely greeting! My wallet will kill me one day, I plan on getting hd800s to close the circle on my headset devices, and focus on building my own speakers and desktop dac/amps, mainly to have linear amps for true fidelity and some tubes for enjoyment! Can't wait to start in the community :). Good luck with your plans, and as we say here, drzim fige (fingers crossed). Regarding the cables, I took the regular ones for now, I'm no expert on them, but I'll check your suggestion! Thanx! I'm also really happy to hear that they do reshells too! Cause they're stuck with me now. ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back