Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Mar 13, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #3,691 of 5,310
It seems a bit hard to follow what is the current lineup. Is the BA4R, a current model or upcoming?

Would love to try them out.

Yes I can understand it is confusing, this is because we are in the middle of a updating the lineup, we will make an announcement soon. For now the BA4R is not available as we are redesigning it. The BA4F will be known as the CE4P that has recently been discussed in this thread. 

Mar 13, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #3,692 of 5,310
Thanks for the quick reply, is there a brief description on how will the newer models differs, or what we can expect from them.

Mar 13, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #3,693 of 5,310
Phil, BA4f will be part of the Professional line and not the Elite? I thought this was other way around i.e. that R version will be Professional line and F version will be Elite. So, I'm also bit confused:D Hope that all the things will crystalize soon.

Mar 13, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #3,695 of 5,310
So I have put in a request to be able to order a pair.

I have a couple of questions maybe you guys know the answers to.

1. I would like to start of with a simple pair of BA1 to get the molds done. Is that model still available?

2. Should I also enter the waiting list part on the homepage or is it enough to make the request to be able to shop?

3. Do the BA1 have the new connectors and cables that was posted in a picture a few pages back?

Looking forward to ordering my first pair.

Mar 13, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #3,697 of 5,310
I send my ear impressions out today from Germany to Sweden for a first fitting service since I never had ciem I just recently bought triple fi 10 and either thinking of reshelling these or look for another iem or even try an original product of cosmic ears

Mar 13, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #3,698 of 5,310
I send my ear impressions out today from Germany to Sweden for a first fitting service since I never had ciem I just recently bought triple fi 10 and either thinking of reshelling these or look for another iem or even try an original product of cosmic ears

Phil made an awesome job of reshelling my TF10's
He also added a dynamic driver to bolster the lower frequencies!
This isn't an official option though, and it's only my generously sized earholes which permit that many drivers to be included, but I guess that if this appeals it can't hurt to ask.

I was somewhat ambivalent towards the TF10 prior to the reshell (especially the fit).
They're almost the only things I use to listen with now (outside my speaker rig).

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #3,700 of 5,310
Thanks for the replies, I understand that this can be a long process and it's not worth cutting corners.

I am curious about my order with the recent changes being made. Will I receive the BA4F's with the standard connector or will it arrive with the newer connector? I'm also curious will my order be considered a BA4F, or would they be CE4Ps? 

The newer connector would be nice but aside from that I'm just excited to finally hear them once they're all done! 

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #3,701 of 5,310
While we're on the subject of options not usually listed... here are my reshells.  Phil also made his own crossover for them (reshelled UE900) as he wasn't too impressed by what he got from the standard one.

B e a utiful.

They're noticeably better than the stock UEs.  *Much* better clarity, far more impact from bass...  very impressed!  The left one is a perfect fit, the right is slightly tight, but I can't decide if it's uncomfortable enough to actually send back.  It would probably be called a musician's fit.

I don't think there's a way I can convince myself I don't need the BA6 now (or whatever it might be called on the new site)!

Mar 13, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #3,703 of 5,310
While we're on the subject of options not usually listed... here are my reshells.  Phil also made his own crossover for them (reshelled UE900) as he wasn't too impressed by what he got from the standard one.

B e a utiful.

They're noticeably better than the stock UEs.  *Much* better clarity, far more impact from bass...  very impressed!  The left one is a perfect fit, the right is slightly tight, but I can't decide if it's uncomfortable enough to actually send back.  It would probably be called a musician's fit.

I don't think there's a way I can convince myself I don't need the BA6 now (or whatever it might be called on the new site)!

I say use it for a while first and see how it goes. My first ever pair of customs were tight for about 2 weeks or so, after that I got used to it

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mar 14, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #3,705 of 5,310
Just to explain what the fit option is:

1. Maximum Fit- This is a tight fit in the ear giving maximum isolation and seal, however some people can find it a little too tight and intrusive in the ear.
  2. Comfortable Fit - This is a more relaxed fit, it still has an excellent isolation and seal, but it maybe possible to break the seal by sudden head movements or talking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back