Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Mar 8, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #3,662 of 5,310
  wow those look amazing! are the connectors new or still the standard 2 pins?
also those cables AHHHHH they look so delicately refined

Hehe a fellow Singaporean huh? Connectors are new, although the cables are also available for the standard 2 pins config.

I have to say I love the new connectors though, not quite sure why it isn't already the standard.

Mar 8, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #3,663 of 5,310
Hehe a fellow Singaporean huh? Connectors are new, although the cables are also available for the standard 2 pins config.

I have to say I love the new connectors though, not quite sure why it isn't already the standard.

Yup Singaporean haha! When you said standard did you mean its already in the market but not very common..or phil now has proprietary connectors for ce? Thanks!

Mar 8, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #3,664 of 5,310
Yup Singaporean haha! When you said standard did you mean its already in the market but not very common..or phil now has proprietary connectors for ce? Thanks!

okay to simplify things, the cables are available for the industrial standard 2 pin configuration(westone/UE) as well as the new connector.

Edit, I just got a reply from Phil about the new cable so I thought I'd update it here and let you guys know about it as well.

1) 6 litz conductors, of individual 7 strands. Every strand is silver plated copper with enamel. It will never corrode or change color
2) The strength comes from aramid fibers. Pull strength 60N ~ 13 Lb
3) The jacket is made from TPA. It is skin-friendly approved, and UV stabilized, so it won't turn yellow when it's exposed to sunlight.
4) The design is minimised to save mass, and the weight of a full cable is squeezed down to 2.7 g ~ 0.095 Oz.

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #3,665 of 5,310
Very cool, thanks for that info.
What about.stiffness compared.to other cables?
And I'd also like to ask about memory wire ( hopefully this cable doesn't require them, as I don't like them much).
Do you like the feel/function of the new socket/plug?

I'm very envious of your new monitors, and although I've been patiently awaiting the emergence of the HY5 to from Cosmic's labs Phil says it's not ready yet, so I'm back to considering the BA4f.

Mar 8, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #3,666 of 5,310
Very cool, thanks for that info.
What about.stiffness compared.to other cables?
And I'd also like to ask about memory wire ( hopefully this cable doesn't require them, as I don't like them much).
Do you like the feel/function of the new socket/plug?

I'm very envious of your new monitors, and although I've been patiently awaiting the emergence of the HY5 to from Cosmic's labs Phil says it's not ready yet, so I'm back to considering the BA4f.

No memory wire at all here. the cable is very flexible, so much so that you literally forget you're wearing it. The cable is even more flexible than the black custom cable, and thinner even. I cannot emphasis enough how much I LOVE the new connector. One of the major gripes I had with customs was that the original 2 pin socket is very flimsy, and loses its connection strength after 1-2 removals of the cable. I haven't tried removing the cable for this pair yet, but I can tell you it's much studier since half the connector is recessed and doesn't put as much pressure on the joint.

Mar 9, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #3,668 of 5,310
The cable has been heat formed into a shape to go over the ears, I was sceptical at first but after 6 months of use I have never had a problem and because it is so thin it works fantastic with glasses.

Mar 9, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #3,669 of 5,310
No memory wire at all here. the cable is very flexible, so much so that you literally forget you're wearing it. The cable is even more flexible than the black custom cable, and thinner even. I cannot emphasis enough how much I LOVE the new connector. One of the major gripes I had with customs was that the original 2 pin socket is very flimsy, and loses its connection strength after 1-2 removals of the cable. I haven't tried removing the cable for this pair yet, but I can tell you it's much studier since half the connector is recessed and doesn't put as much pressure on the joint.

I have seen the test results of 1100 insertion and removal of the cable in the socket. After that number of iterations the socket/connector had lost 20% of its resistance however using a new cable with the same socket brought the resistance back to almost 100% so the socket is very durable.

Mar 11, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #3,673 of 5,310
Did you guys see the announcement on Facebook?

CE6P - we have given Headfonia the first exclusive review of our new 6 driver monitor, it will be available sometime in April so keep a lookout for that on their website. We will be taking orders for the CE6P around middle to end of April.

That's great news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back