Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Mar 11, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #3,677 of 5,310
The new line-up will be online when the new site is launched. I am pretty sure you will be able to get the identical sound the BA4F now has, I wouldn't worry about that.

Mar 11, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #3,678 of 5,310
For people who want to learn more about that new thin cable:
  1. http://www.linum.dk/technology.aspx
  2. http://www.estron.dk/media/33272/Linum_2Pin.pdf
  3. http://www.estron.dk/media/20488/bukketest_6csf_behandlede_data___packed.pdf

Mar 11, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #3,681 of 5,310
Yeah, thanks Tomsky.
This wire really seems like it's going to answer all my gripes re' CIEM wires.
This alone would be enough to get my attention, but the Headfonia review news has really upped the ante!

Mar 11, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #3,683 of 5,310
Comfort is the biggest issue IMO.

Memory wires add little in the way of convenience and make packing 'phones away a little bit more of a chore.
Stiff cables like those found on the UE TF10/SF 5 pro's and some others are a pain to manage when rolling them up, and trying to unroll them.

Twisted cables look very 'Hi-Fi', but also add slight inconvenience when handling, and suffer from contact noise.
I agree with the reasoning behind twisted or pleated cables, but my favourite cables are the fixed ones on my Phonaks.
They're flexible and rubbery, making them quieter than many cables. easily managed, tangle free, memory wire free (came with optional/removable guides), and best of all they're COMFORTABLE.

I also appreciate the thin cross section as I've recently become a glasses wearer.

I like the look of the flashy aftermarket hand pleated type of cable, but these new cables from Cosmic look just as cool, but in a much more understated way.

And I haven't even touched on the connectors!

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #3,686 of 5,310
  Comfort is the biggest issue IMO.

Memory wires add little in the way of convenience and make packing 'phones away a little bit more of a chore.
Stiff cables like those found on the UE TF10/SF 5 pro's and some others are a pain to manage when rolling them up, and trying to unroll them.

Twisted cables look very 'Hi-Fi', but also add slight inconvenience when handling, and suffer from contact noise.
I agree with the reasoning behind twisted or pleated cables, but my favourite cables are the fixed ones on my Phonaks.
They're flexible and rubbery, making them quieter than many cables. easily managed, tangle free, memory wire free (came with optional/removable guides), and best of all they're COMFORTABLE.

I also appreciate the thin cross section as I've recently become a glasses wearer.

I like the look of the flashy aftermarket hand pleated type of cable, but these new cables from Cosmic look just as cool, but in a much more understated way.

And I haven't even touched on the connectors!

agreed! except i kinda like the feel of braided/pleated wires...always thought they made cables a bit more flexible (i hate cables that refuse to straighten and stay all messed up with kinks) but i dunno to each his own. 

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #3,687 of 5,310
Has anyone been able to contact Phil in the past few days?

I've been looking for an update on my BA4 order as its been on "impression detailing" for over a week now and it doesn't look like it's going to make the quoted 2-3 week production time.

For people who've already had their CIEMs sent, how long did your orders take?

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #3,688 of 5,310
Has anyone been able to contact Phil in the past few days?

I've been looking for an update on my BA4 order as its been on "impression detailing" for over a week now and it doesn't look like it's going to make the quoted 2-3 week production time.

For people who've already had their CIEMs sent, how long did your orders take?

I won't worry too much about it. Sometimes the updates are slower than the actual progress. I know its hard, but try to be patient. Phil doesn't like cutting corners and compromising quality just to speed things up.

Mar 13, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #3,689 of 5,310
Dabboo, my BA4r were made in October 2013 and it took about 6 weeks for Phil to make time (timeframe counted from the date of delivery of the impressions to Phil until the date of receiving CIEMs by me).

Mar 13, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #3,690 of 5,310
It seems a bit hard to follow what is the current lineup. Is the BA4R, a current model or upcoming?

Would love to try them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back