Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Mar 15, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #3,722 of 5,310
They're definitely worth a try, I really enjoy mine beyond what you might expect for the money.

I think though, that there are plenty of other candidates for the 'Cheap but very cheerful' solution that have emerged since the Sony, but I can't speak for them as I haven't heard them.

Mar 17, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #3,723 of 5,310
Can anybody compare the BA1 with the BA2 or any other IEMs?
I'm new to IEMs and want to try something new. But my budget is low.
I have the Shure SE215 LTD but find them to muddy/bassy and I'm missing the treble.

Are there any BA1 or BA2 Demo IEMs so i can test them? I have only seen the BA4 Demo on mp4audio

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #3,724 of 5,310
  Can anybody compare the BA1 with the BA2 or any other IEMs?
I'm new to IEMs and want to try something new. But my budget is low.
I have the Shure SE215 LTD but find them to muddy/bassy and I'm missing the treble.

Are there any BA1 or BA2 Demo IEMs so i can test them? I have only seen the BA4 Demo on mp4audio

I would say to go for the BA2. The BA1 is not bad (i have a pair I use for spare), but I think the BA2 is in a class of its own.

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #3,725 of 5,310

I would say to go for the BA2. The BA1 is not bad (i have a pair I use for spare), but I think the BA2 is in a class of its own.

Would the 2's have enough bass for rock and metal btw? I listen to bands such as Magnum, Mostly Autumn, Pendragon, Blackmores Night, Marillion amongst others.  I have a pair of ma1's (micro version of the ba1) and it's fine for a single driver.  I do miss the bass though!

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #3,726 of 5,310

Would the 2's have enough bass for rock and metal btw? I listen to bands such as Magnum, Mostly Autumn, Pendragon, Blackmores Night, Marillion amongst others.  I have a pair of ma1's (micro version of the ba1) and it's fine for a single driver.  I do miss the bass though!

from the CE website,
Twin balanced armature receiver – 1 for lows, 1 for mids and highs, so I would say yes, but personally I don't listen to those bands so its hard for me to say. I have monitors that use similar drivers to the BA2s but they're not tuned exactly the same. But comparing the BA1 to the those monitors, I would say the extra driver makes helluva lot of difference in the bass department, and at the price you pay for the BA2s, its a steal, I paid twice the price for my monitors and I've been kicking myself every time I see the BA2 price.

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #3,728 of 5,310
That cable looks superbly comfortable...

Mar 18, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #3,733 of 5,310
  How high a pressure is it for them now do you think?
It has been a week and a half since I requested access to the shop to be able to order but I still haven't heard anything.

They have an automated message atm saying expect delays due to high email traffic so I imagine they are slammed right now. 

Mar 18, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #3,735 of 5,310

I use the BA2 (micro shell) at bedtime almost every night, and I listen to some of the same music. It does a good job, very well rounded presentation. Not a bass monster nor an Etymotic-type analytical sound. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back