Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Oct 26, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #723 of 5,310
Quote:
Sweet! Where did you go for the impressions?

Leightons Hearing.  Nice and friendly staff (phoned the day before to remind you of the appointment).  Quite funny really.  Audiologist asked for a bag from the staff to put them in, sees one on the counter, pops them in there and hands them over.  I'm half way up the street back to the car when I hear someone calling me.  Turns out she'd used the wrong bag and put my impressions in with someone else contact lenses!

Cheers

Oct 27, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #726 of 5,310
Quote:
HY3 are getting better after my lil check in with them.

With some friends (4.Ai)

How do the HY3's compare to your Heir 4.Ai's? I'm trying to decide between the two.

Oct 27, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #728 of 5,310
How do the HY3's compare to your Heir 4.Ai's? I'm trying to decide between the two.

Will do a full comparison later but simply,

Want and care only for bass = HY3

Want the full sound package and pure awesomeness and class in sound quality = 4.Ai

Oct 27, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #730 of 5,310
Quote:
Hmmm. Dont think the HY3 are for me then.

You found the 4.Ai to stray a little from neutral, this is not even close. So not for you but some people indeed.

Oct 27, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #733 of 5,310
Quote:
How's the twin/dual compare to the Ai4? I've decided i want something that has an ety-esque signature with just a smidge more focus on the bass and real good comfort factor. 

You just described the 4.Ai :wink:

Oct 27, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #734 of 5,310
Quote:
How's the twin/dual compare to the Ai4? I've decided i want something that has an ety-esque signature with just a smidge more focus on the bass and real good comfort factor. 

Not exactly the comparison you were looking for, but close enough - the real 4.A versus the Flex twin in the micro shell (which may or may not impact SQ compared to the bigger shells): The Flex actually has slightly more perceived punchiness. The 4.A extends deeper but it tends to require an amp or nicer DAP to bring that out of it. The Flex twin has more punch to it straight from an iPad or similar and doesn't really change much when amped. But the Flex can't compete in terms of clarity or top end sparkle. Out of a lesser source, the Flex is actually somewhat more forgiving, which can be a good thing at times. 

I think the Flex twin is a really good value for the price, and I'd be happy with it for daily use. Yet it can't compete with the more expensive, more-driver-having 4.A, and I assume the 4.Ai would be the same story. But for your purposes the Flex twin might just be the better choice. 

Oct 27, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #735 of 5,310
Quote:
You just described the 4.Ai :wink:

I see.

I guess it's time to rob a bank then :p

Not exactly the comparison you were looking for, but close enough - the real 4.A versus the Flex twin in the micro shell (which may or may not impact SQ compared to the bigger shells): The Flex actually has slightly more perceived punchiness. The 4.A extends deeper but it tends to require an amp or nicer DAP to bring that out of it. The Flex twin has more punch to it straight from an iPad or similar and doesn't really change much when amped. But the Flex can't compete in terms of clarity or top end sparkle. Out of a lesser source, the Flex is actually somewhat more forgiving, which can be a good thing at times. 

I think the Flex twin is a really good value for the price, and I'd be happy with it for daily use. Yet it can't compete with the more expensive, more-driver-having 4.A, and I assume the 4.Ai would be the same story. But for your purposes the Flex twin might just be the better choice. 

Sounds Good. might just go for a larger shell though. I just want that instrument seperation and detail that BA's do so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back