Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Oct 22, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #4,366 of 5,310

Can you guys tell which cable is faulty?

The cable one the left has been used few enough times I can count it on one hand, the cable on the right gets plugged in and out of my ipod shuffle about 10 times a week and is used for about 10 hours of sweaty exercise a week

Oct 22, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #4,368 of 5,310
The cable on the left has barely been touched, the one on the left is put through some stress testing so to speak.

I went out for a walk and decided to use my clean barely used cable on the left to find out after just a few uses its faulty, the connector seems to have loose cabling inside and most of the time I seem to get audio out only one ear.

I can only assume I'm rather unlucky, not that I've been as active on the thread recently but I haven't seen other people with issues, considering the fact that my messy cable goes through hell and has held up I can only assume I got a dud.

Oct 22, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #4,369 of 5,310
If anyone else has issues, it seems it is indeed a small percentage of bad cables. Fairly understandable for the new tech in this.
Estron will replace the cable free if bought from Cosmic Ears and it's a genuine problem

LINK HERE

EDIT: Just a note, Phil helped me out with this in a matter of minutes. Very appreciated!
EDIT EDIT: Minutes after filling out the form I got contacted by Estron, so far so good, time to send my cable away. </3

Oct 22, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #4,370 of 5,310
Just got my replacement cable from Estron nice personal message included and 2 1/2 weeks it is not such a bad turnaround time. - problem is they send a cable with a different connector than the one I sent so I cannot use it! :) Just dropped an email to Estron let's see how this will go!

Oct 22, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #4,372 of 5,310
  If anyone else has issues, it seems it is indeed a small percentage of bad cables. Fairly understandable for the new tech in this.
Estron will replace the cable free if bought from Cosmic Ears and it's a genuine problem

LINK HERE

EDIT: Just a note, Phil helped me out with this in a matter of minutes. Very appreciated!
EDIT EDIT: Minutes after filling out the form I got contacted by Estron, so far so good, time to send my cable away. </3

Mine has been tangly since day one, but it never lost signal. In all honesty, I never had a cable that tangles so much, I have to be very careful. Does that count as faulty....?

Oct 22, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #4,373 of 5,310
Mine has been tangly since day one, but it never lost signal. In all honesty, I never had a cable that tangles so much, I have to be very careful. Does that count as faulty....?

It's a weird cable that tangles if you try to wind it up. I let it find it's own form now instead of winding and it seems to work. It was very frustrating winding it up to put it away and no sooner I put it down it would just twist and tangle...

I am still amazed by how durable it is compared to how fragile it looks. I also think it sounds great.

Nov 7, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #4,375 of 5,310
The Cayin C5 portable amp has some great synergy with the BA4. It brings my portable rig (X5 -> C5 -> BA4) pretty close to the level of the Stax rig I had for a while, which is quite unbelievable. Biggest advantage of course: I can take the BA4 wherever I want. Try that with Stax
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #4,376 of 5,310
I've been loving my refit Micros recently.  Got a topping nx1 portable amp (£25) and it's a great little combo.  I've been using those with an ipod classic.  In other news I went and got some impressions done a couple of weeks ago and sent those off for a prefit to check.  I'm thinking possibly a ce6e in the future at some point.

Oh and if you have not seen on facebook, CE have begun the big move.  Should be around three weeks or so according to the post.

Nov 8, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #4,377 of 5,310
I recently started running my BA4 with my Tomahawk from the X3 and that has been quite good for my ears. They make a great combination. Although I imagine the X5 would be more analytical for LO purposes that would also be dependent on the amp to as well. Like I love my bass. I really do but I find the Tomahawk to be very transparent and like slightly lacking in that section but no matter its great stuffs.

Nov 18, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #4,378 of 5,310
Just a bump to say that demos can now be requested from the website.  Nothing remarkable about that, but I noticed that there is now a CE10p listed as well.  10 driver ba coming from CE perhaps?  Time will tell....

Nov 18, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #4,380 of 5,310
Noticed the new address as well?  Means no import tax either.  Which Noble unfortunately does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back