Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Oct 5, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #4,336 of 5,310
Had one of those sort of weekends this weekend so not much time to try the micros out.  The brief time I have had them in (at normal volume I hasten to add), things feel promising.  The right ear certainly seems to seal better then it did and more importantly keeps it.  Will give more extensive testing tomorrow at work (hey gotta use something to block the **** out and actually concentrate on what it is I'm meant to be doing!).  For now a few snaps from phone, so excuse quality

and with the case open to give you an idea of the size

Looks like there's enough room in there for the micros (these are single ba, old style wire) and the sansa clip plus which is handy!

Oct 6, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #4,337 of 5,310

Got my ba2\CE2C\CE2V today :).
Super comfortable fit and the wire is incredible thin and light and the noise cancling is as good as passiv canceling could be i guess^^.
First impression is like i imagines they would sound, quantity wise descending from bass to treble. good bass impact, no laidback mids but also not too forward and very easy to listen to treble that is rolled off a good bit but still there. Very easy to listen to and forgiving for not too good recordings. Reminds my of my ue600 with bigger and better bass response and a little bigger stage. Built quality is superb and my moto x cant capture the prettiness of them :p.
Just a short impression :wink:

Oct 6, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #4,338 of 5,310
I wrote an email to Phil last week, but got no answer, so I am trying here. Does someone know if Cosmic Ears also sells Universal Editions of their Models? I know that 1946 EARS does but I live in Europe and somehoe I assume that the Cosmic Ears would fit my taste better.

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #4,340 of 5,310
  I wrote an email to Phil last week, but got no answer, so I am trying here. Does someone know if Cosmic Ears also sells Universal Editions of their Models? I know that 1946 EARS does but I live in Europe and somehoe I assume that the Cosmic Ears would fit my taste better.

I'm afraid they do not and have no immediate plans to, as I have asked on a semi regular basis. 

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #4,341 of 5,310

Got my ba2\CE2C\CE2V today
smily_headphones1.gif
Super comfortable fit and the wire is incredible thin and light and the noise cancling is as good as passiv canceling could be i guess^^.
First impression is like i imagines they would sound, quantity wise descending from bass to treble. good bass impact, no laidback mids but also not too forward and very easy to listen to treble that is rolled off a good bit but still there. Very easy to listen to and forgiving for not too good recordings. Reminds my of my ue600 with bigger and better bass response and a little bigger stage. Built quality is superb and my moto x cant capture the prettiness of them :p.
Just a short impression
wink.gif

They look stunning.  Purple is it?  For some reason I can't add BA-CE-V-whatever 2 to my account or I would have got round to ordering.  The micros are nice, but are only single ba.

Oct 6, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #4,342 of 5,310
Really happy to see people still going on CE. It's been a while since i was on this thread.

Got my last november, a BA4F and I love the sound signature. 
Though some problems with the fit, it is more of a mistake on my side to get a bad quality mold.

Was thinking of changing the mold anytime soon if possible.

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #4,343 of 5,310
They look stunning.  Purple is it?  For some reason I can't add BA-CE-V-whatever 2 to my account or I would have got round to ordering.  The micros are nice, but are only single ba.

Yea its purple with a smome\transparent faceplate. I orderd the"normal" ba2 its just a new name i guess, i cant say if the sound differs. All i can say is that they are extremly to my liking because they overall sound balanced and warm with good bass that stands a bit above the rest and very relaxing highs.

Oct 8, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #4,345 of 5,310

So when did u ask him last time. Today I got a reply with an exciting answer!!!! They are going to release a Universal Version towards the end of the year!!
bigsmile_face.gif

Very nice, it was quite some time ago.  Any mention of which models?

Oct 11, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #4,347 of 5,310
I'm trying to purchase the CE6P customs.
I've gone through the registration and product request stages, but haven't had a reply.

Does anyone have any idea how long this usually takes?

For what its worth, I put in a product request on the 7th October. Today is the 11th, and I haven't heard anything so far.
My impressions are done, so I'm ready to go!

Many thanks!

Oct 11, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #4,350 of 5,310
  I'm trying to purchase the CE6P customs.
I've gone through the registration and product request stages, but haven't had a reply.

Does anyone have any idea how long this usually takes?

For what its worth, I put in a product request on the 7th October. Today is the 11th, and I haven't heard anything so far.
My impressions are done, so I'm ready to go!

Many thanks!

Right now they are trying to limit production as they are in the final process of setting up the new factory in Manchester uk.  Once that is done the process will be a fair bit quicker than it is now.  As ever your best bet is to email Phil at CE and ask him what the best way to proceed in your situation is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back