Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Nov 27, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #4,396 of 5,310
  So i bumped into this thread and i'm so happy  to know that we have such an affordable Ciem company with a factory based in the Uk. I am completely new to ciem and been planning to spend some money on one i can afford. Now my question is i own the fiio x5 which serves as my main portable dap , i don't have any portable amp because i do not like to use one and also the iem i have right now (dunu dn1000} do not require one, at least with the x5. I like good bass, lush, warm mids and a sparkly highs but not aggressive , something rather smooth. I listen to pop, a bit of jazz, afro music,and in general modern electronic music. Could anyone suggest to me which custom monitor  from cosmic will suit me the best considering my sound signature preference.i also care a lot for good isolation.thanks in advance.

Hi

Your best bet is to fire an email of to Phil at Cosmic.  Should be able to point you in the right direction :)

Nov 27, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #4,398 of 5,310
I have the BA4 and CE6E, the CE4P is on its way soon but I listend to it before. I think the best option for you is the 6 driver, it's simply awesome and mine are a tad smoother and warmer than the 4

But yes, do ask Phil

Nov 27, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #4,399 of 5,310
  I have the BA4 and CE6E, the CE4P is on its way soon but I listend to it before. I think the best option for you is the 6 driver, it's simply awesome and mine are a tad smoother and warmer than the 4

But yes, do ask Phil

Thanks very much. I did email Phil and He replied within 30 minutes. basically he recommended the  CE6P, but he also went on to say that if i wanted a little bit of impact in bass the CE6E will be ideal. i think my mind is made up i'm definitely getting the CE6E . 

Nov 27, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #4,400 of 5,310
Nice.

I've got the demo of the ce6p on loan today for the weekend, so will have a play about and leave a few comments.  Also I've tried my prefit shells and the fit on the right side (normally my problem one)seems to be spot on!  My left fits well but might need a touch of thickening up.  If I rub my fingers together near my right ear I don't hear anything, but if I rub my fingers on the left then I can hear it slightly so guessing that might need a touch of thickening. 

Nov 28, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #4,401 of 5,310
Has anyone ever done impressions from specsavers audiologist?.. I asked Phil about it and he said "it can be ok" unfortunately they're the only place to have them done in my area?

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #4,403 of 5,310
I'd take this along with you http://www.cosmicears.com/supporting-documents/Audiologist-Impression-Notes.pdf

I got mines done at an audiologist in the UK, it was also a hearing aid type of place and they did it for free. My impressions came out fine and my monitors are a great fit. 
thanks buddy. Aide 2 hearing is charging £50 for two sets of impressions and they are highly recommended by cosmic ears, custom art, 1964,noble etc. So I don't know if I should go there just for my peace of mind..

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #4,407 of 5,310
Yeah, I went in and mines said he does impressions all the time for hearing aids and he'd just do it free, so I just bought the guy a box of chocolates for it.

I mean if you want to save £50 I can send you a set of my impressions and I'll pay for you to ship me the CE6 when it's ready.

Nov 28, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #4,408 of 5,310
I also thought £50 was too much for just impressions, will rather go to the specsavers audiologist for less. The annoying thing is on top of that £50 I have to factor in travel cost as well since I don't live in London.

Nov 28, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #4,409 of 5,310
thanks buddy. Aide 2 hearing is charging £50 for two sets of impressions and they are highly recommended by cosmic ears, custom art, 1964,noble etc. So I don't know if I should go there just for my peace of mind..

That works out around £25 a pair (I paid £30 at leightons).  Maybe you could ask just to have one pair done and pay half?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back