Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Sep 18, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #166 of 5,310
Sorry, I thought I had already said this but I'll clarify:

I've currently got:

1. base model Pure with dynamic driver, basic fixed cable, bottom exit
  2. step-up model Pure Plus which means single BA driver, premium braided cable, still fixed and still bottom exit

These are both in the stock purple color and both in the medium shells.

I'm waiting on:

1. Flex using the micro shell with the twin BA driver, red in color, has the basic stock black cable
  2. Flex Triple Hybrid (twin BA plus dynamic driver) with full sized shell, blue in color, recessed sockets, premium braided detachable cable with top exit

Hope that clears it up.

Sep 18, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #167 of 5,310
My HY3 is on order and at impression QC status. I do not receive notification for manufacture delay from Cosmic Ears.

Sep 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #168 of 5,310
Quote:

I've currently got:

2. step-up model Pure Plus which means single BA driver, premium braided cable, still fixed and still bottom exit

I'm waiting on:

1. Flex using the micro shell with the twin BA driver, red in color, has the basic stock black cable
  2. Flex Triple Hybrid (twin BA plus dynamic driver) with full sized shell, blue in color, recessed sockets, premium braided detachable cable with top exit

Hope that clears it up.

Yes, it does! Thank you... 
beerchug.gif

And maybe you could post the above info in the OP, no?

Sep 18, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #169 of 5,310
Quote:

I've currently got:

I'm waiting on:

Hope that clears it up.

any ETA on impressions?

Sep 18, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #174 of 5,310
I am due for an upgrade, how would the base model compare with the Klipsch x10i? The x10i is currently selling between 150-200 dollars. For that kind of money, I can get a basic flex model with the Apple cord and still save some money. Any suggestions? 

Sep 18, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #175 of 5,310
I was plannin on waiting for 86's review on the Flex micro-shell with twin BA, but at this pricepoint, I really can't resist getting them regardless of the review so I'm ordering tomorrow! I live in Stockholm Sweden btw so I'm hoping for a fast process!

Sep 19, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #176 of 5,310
Quote:
My HY3 is on order and at impression QC status. I do not receive notification for manufacture delay from Cosmic Ears.

I'd email Cosmic Ears if you haven't already been in touch. I'm sure they have a plan in motion - either build you a traditional set with wiring (like most every other custom IEM out there) right now or have you wait a few weeks for the new parts.

Quote:

Yes, it does! Thank you... 
beerchug.gif

And maybe you could post the above info in the OP, no?

Good idea, will do!

Quote:
any ETA on impressions?

Still listening to the Pure and Pure Plus. I'll add some pics in the next post, and maybe some more impressions over the next week. Want to make sure I have accurate info before I open my big mouth. 

Quote:
I am due for an upgrade, how would the base model compare with the Klipsch x10i? The x10i is currently selling between 150-200 dollars. For that kind of money, I can get a basic flex model with the Apple cord and still save some money. Any suggestions? 

It's been a while since I heard the X10, but I remember liking it (the sound, not so much the fit). I don't know if the basic Pure model will be quite up to that standard. The Pure Plus may be similar in quality overall, but with a different sound signature - the X10 was warmer. If anything I think the X5 was my favorite, and the Pure Plus sounds something like what I remember from that model. 

Quote:
I was plannin on waiting for 86's review on the Flex micro-shell with twin BA, but at this pricepoint, I really can't resist getting them regardless of the review so I'm ordering tomorrow! I live in Stockholm Sweden btw so I'm hoping for a fast process!

Cool! Their lab is in Stockholm, and their office is just a short distance away in a place called Tyresö.

Sep 19, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #180 of 5,310
"Order status: Impression kit shipped"

They seem to work quite fast considering that I placed my order this morning :) So excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back