Corda Swing
Mar 18, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #16 of 89
If its not loud enough at number 10, just use a pair of vice-grip pliers and force it to number 11, or as high as you can go before the knob breaks off.
If it does break off, then i can assume youre almost deaf anyway and it really didnt matter that you broke your amp!
smily_headphones1.gif

OOOO, i wonder how much that new amp will be.
Be cool if it has a USB Dac built-in.
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #17 of 89
"This one goes to Eleven". "Well, it's one louder, isn't it?".

Mar 18, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #18 of 89
The Swing looks very promising!

I would get the Arietta, but I need a DAC also...however, the Cantate is a little steep.

So for me, the # 1 question is, will the Swing have a DAC?

High hopes!

Mar 18, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #20 of 89
Man, I hope this little guy doesnt make me regret pulling the trigger on a Cantate last night from Jan
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #21 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by HD_Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Swing looks very promising!

I would get the Arietta, but I need a DAC also...however, the Cantate is a little steep.

So for me, the # 1 question is, will the Swing have a DAC?

High hopes!

According to Dr. Meier:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
There are some sonic differences though. The SWING has a
slightly warmer, more rythmic sound. The ARIETTA is a little
bit more neutral and detailed. None of them is better
sounding, just different.

The SWING only comes with RCA line inputs, like the ARIETTA.

Thus Swing is exact replacement for Arietta and Arietta is no long in production. Since Swing does not come with DAC and digital input, I intend to use it (or Graham Slee's Novo headphone amplifier) with Cambridge Audio's DAC Magic DAC. Though I can audition Novo in local store, I have to rely on feedbacks in this forum on sound signature of Swing when it become available by middle of next month.

Mar 27, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #23 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what a bummer. it would have been cool if it is a dac

If you want a desktop headphone amplifier integrated with DAC and come with both digital inputs (coaxial and optical) and analog line input (RCA), look here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/o1-...tavart-298447/

Otherwise I have not come across any other compact desktop headphone amplifier with DAC and digital inputs (forget about USB input).

Mar 30, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #24 of 89
Hope they offer Swing in silver too... I like the silver look better..

Apr 2, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #26 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by littletree76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to Dr. Meier:
There are some sonic differences though. The SWING has a
slightly warmer, more rythmic sound. The ARIETTA is a little
bit more neutral and detailed. None of them is better
sounding, just different.

The SWING only comes with RCA line inputs, like the ARIETTA.

Thus Swing is exact replacement for Arietta and Arietta is no long in production. Since Swing does not come with DAC and digital input, I intend to use it (or Graham Slee's Novo headphone amplifier) with Cambridge Audio's DAC Magic DAC. Though I can audition Novo in local store, I have to rely on feedbacks in this forum on sound signature of Swing when it become available by middle of next month.

I just pick up Cambridge Audio's DAC Magic DAC and Grado SR325is and I was wondering if this new Corda swing will be a good match for me.
Any comments ?

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #27 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by GRADOSKI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just pick up Cambridge Audio's DAC Magic DAC and Grado SR325is and I was wondering if this new Corda swing will be a good match for me.
Any comments ?

Jan Meier told me he finds the Grado sound too "aggresive."

Apr 3, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #28 of 89
thank you for the comment.I think I am going to go with a tube amp for my first setup.
I pick up x-cans V1 second hand ,but the caps ware leaking inside the unit.....good thing I did not plug this in.....zapppppp
frown.gif
((

Apr 3, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #29 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by GRADOSKI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thank you for the comment.I think I am going to go with a tube amp for my first setup.
I pick up x-cans V1 second hand ,but the caps ware leaking inside the unit.....good thing I did not plug this in.....zapppppp
frown.gif
((

Replacing the caps with better ones is easy. If you want to know send me a PM and will provide a link to the mods.

Apr 3, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #30 of 89
Thank you for the offer but the person that I got this from was nice to give me full refund on this unit,after all there are some nice people that will not take you for a ride ....

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back