Originally Posted by yayomizzan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks nice. anyone know how much?

According to Dr. Meier in replying recent email enquiry:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to increased production costs the new amp will be priced a
little bit higher (+20%). The amp should be available by the
middle of April.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The retail price for Arietta is USD 225, so estimated price for Swing should be USD 225 x 1.2 = USD 270. Since it will be released soon within few weeks time, just wait for final price to be announced in Meier Audio website.

To make desktop headphone amplifier useful in integrating with existing audio system, there should be chained/bypass line level output provided beside amplified headphone output. Unfortunately most headphone amplifiers come with only headphone output (hopefully not the case for Corda Swing).

Apr 25, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #34 of 89
I'm tired of being charged extra for buying in europe prices. I'd rather pay Spain taxes since it would probably be a lot lesser...

Apr 26, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #36 of 89
Well do you not get "free" health care in the EU...

Anyways, I am really looking forward to this product knowing that the DT-990 and the cantate have always been considered a great match; however, the cantate is out of my price range and although I could afford it if I did not upgrade my soundcard I need to have gaming support and so a Prelude is a must as the source.

Skylab, do you think you will review this thing when it comes out? If so be sure to compare it to the cantate if you can (I do not even know if you have heard the cantate but I do know that reading you reviews I very much agree with your results)

Apr 26, 2009 at 1:01 PM Post #37 of 89
I did review the Cantate (and I liked it, although I thought the Arietta was the better value). I doubt I will review the Swing, because it would be up to Jan to decide if he wants to send me one to review, but I will ask him.

Apr 26, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #38 of 89
Maybe we could start a petition... lol

Also I have read the review now, great work! Based of what you said in there and on the deceptions of the swing it looks like it will be an even closer match.

Apr 30, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #39 of 89
I guess it it not coming until May now...

May 2, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #41 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by koto-in /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Arietta is sold out. Swing specs are up - switch to AD8610 opamps as Jan did with the Porta Corda to the Move evolution.

...... for how long has Jan been telling us that the LM6171 are the be all and end all of OPAMPs? AD8610 is three times the price at Digikey, so we know it isn't a cost differentiator......

May 2, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #42 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...... for how long has Jan been telling us that the LM6171 are the be all and end all of OPAMPs? AD8610 is three times the price at Digikey, so we know it isn't a cost differentiator......

Bear with my ignorance with the opamp rolling. So can we directly roll the AD8610 with Arietta?

May 2, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #43 of 89
Without having a schematic of the Arietta in front of me, I can't say for sure...... but I very much doubt it would be a good idea.

LM6171 and AD8610 are pretty different beasts. See here: Working with Cranky Op-Amps

May 2, 2009 at 9:09 AM Post #44 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Without having a schematic of the Arietta in front of me, I can't say for sure...... but I very much doubt it would be a good idea.

LM6171 and AD8610 are pretty different beasts. See here: Working with Cranky Op-Amps

And from Jan:

Quote:

The LM6171 has bipolar inputs and thereby rather high input biasing currents. To prevent excessive offset-voltage at the output the DC-impedances of the inverting and the non-inverting inputs of each opamp are carefully matched. Also the non-inverting inputs are connected to the negative voltage rail by a 15 MOhm resistor to reduce any biasing current flow through the input potentiometer (which strongly reduces crackling noises) and through the crossfeed filter. The remaining offset voltage is normally smaller than 20 mV. It is recommended not to change any resistor values as this might lead to offset-voltages that could well destruct your precious headphones!!!

Warning: FET-opamps have much lower input biasing currents and if you plan to use these instead of the LM6171 the 15 MOhm resistors should be removed! Otherwise offset voltages will be pretty high.

May 2, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #45 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by koto-in /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And from Jan:

That is from his project page, yes? I have often wondered how that design differs from the Arietta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back