Corda Swing
Mar 14, 2009 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 89

Clok

100+ Head-Fier
swinggaus330.jpg

Just saw this new amp on the meier audio website.
Not much info about it yet expect the launch date in april.

But interested where this amp ranks, probably between arietta and cantate.

Mar 15, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #2 of 89
Being a Meier amp should be a great product. Can't wait to see the details. Don't keep us in the dark too long Dr. Meier!

Mar 15, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #3 of 89
From the looks of it, surely it is an updated Arietta. The Arietta is a terrific amp - will be interesting to see what's new with the Swing. One obvious thing - there is a gain switch on the front panel. Meier is probably succumbing to the pressure from the legions of half-deaf listeners who claim that his amps aren't loud enough
wink.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #4 of 89
Well he did admit that sound SQ did change in his Opera depending on the volume/gain. But he gave an explanation of why he designed that way too. Can't remember where he posted that.

Mar 15, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #6 of 89
Meier believes his amps sound better on the low gain setting, and I agree with him (not that it matters what I think).

Mar 15, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #7 of 89
Too many of us are going deaf due to the high listening levels used. My last home amp is an Aussie DIY (Jaycar) and it has a low gain of 2, perfect for me. I have also reduced the gain in two of my older amps a Musical Fidelity X-Can V2 as well as an MPX3.

Mar 16, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #11 of 89
I wonder whether it has a usb input at the back of the amp - consistent with most of Jan's other amps?

Mar 16, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #12 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
swinggaus330.jpg

Just saw this new amp on the meier audio website.
Not much info about it yet expect the launch date in april.

But interested where this amp ranks, probably between arietta and cantate.

Hi.I am very new here,so every time I started my search head-fi always keep popping out ,again and again and again....so make the story short here I AM a new ,fresh and refreshed.....just get to the point....I have talk to Mr Meier today and the I know that SWING is direct replacement for ARIETTA and should have a little different sound then arietta but no other details from him.
I am thinking of ordering Corda Cantate.2 for my computer setup ,and I would wait for SWING but knowing me my audio card (Soundblaster FX )will not going to cut it...
confused_face.gif

This is going to be my first amp and I will be going for the grado RS-1s....For now.....am I on the right track????????
Thank you

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #14 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... Meier is probably succumbing to the pressure from the legions of half-deaf listeners who claim that his amps aren't loud enough
wink.gif

Well the volume knob is turned to the right all the way
wink.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #15 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by arielext /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well the volume knob is turned to the right all the way
wink.gif

Mine is almost all the time turned to all left and still the volume is good enough.

Is this normal? I have Dt770's and zero dac+x-fi xtreme music.
Anyway to change the gain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back