confused head-fier
Jan 20, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #17 of 26
i feel like they wont be for me, im used to grados and monster pro golds. the laid back sens might disapoint me.

i feel like HF-2 is up my alley.

Jan 20, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #19 of 26
i have a audiophile shop across the street from me, small shop. i know they have some senns not sure which though, theyre big grado guys.

Jan 21, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #20 of 26

Quote:
so id have to pay 400+ the cost of the 325I?

it doesnt look like they mod any other cans now other than the 325i

Rhydon (also his username on here) hasn't updated his main web site to show the Lite mod.  There is an old sponsored thread for it though.  You only need a pair of SR-60s then I believe it's $199 on top of that. That's within your budget.

Quote:
I think id rather look toward another alternative. and while grado shines and does classic rock perfect for me. In my deathcore listening, yes it cleans it up a lot and it sounds crystal clear but its not really enjoyable without the slamming of the kick drums and bass breakdowns.

so i want to explore other options possibly.

At some point you'll probably want to explore upgrading the rest of your gear to address this too.

Jan 24, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #21 of 26
define what id want to upgrade besides adding an amp.? cans would be my obvious start first.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #22 of 26
Your source is the main thing. Amplifiers amplify distortion as much as they do music. You're right about headphones being first IMO.

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #23 of 26

Quote:
Your source is the main thing. Amplifiers amplify distortion as much as they do music. You're right about headphones being first IMO.

and than i buy an amp, which replaces the garbage amp in my ipod, and than im pretty well off no?
i plan on grabbing a p-51 and a pair of 225I and see how that works.

Jan 25, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #24 of 26
Grados are pretty enjoyable (if you like them) out of even just an iPod. It is more sensitive headphones where you'd most notice the benefit of an amp.  I started off buying an expensive pair of headphones, then an amp, and didn't notice any benefit to having the amp until I got a decent DAC.  However, if the amp is a little coloured (ie: not tonally neutral) you might get a small, but pleasing bass-boost and a touch more refinement.  Let us know how you go.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back